SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

1/27/23: LIVE BLOG -- TRIAL DAY 5

07:12

Alex says Maggie and Paul hadn't been arguing or upset with each other.
Alex says he and Maggie had a wonderful marriage, no issues.
Alex says he and Paul's relationship was as good as it could be.

07:11

Owen asks why Murdaugh came to kennel. Had left to go to Mom's house (late stage Alzheimer's) while Dad in the hospital. Maggie's a dog lover. Alex knew Maggie had gone to the kennels when he left. Tried to call and text her when he left, no response. Got back home, nobody at the house. Figured they were still at the kennel. Drove up and saw the bodies and called.

07:09

Alex says he didn't notice anything out of the ordinary around the bodies or the scene. Said the first thing he noticed by Paul was the blood.

07:08

Says he tried to carefully take pulses from both Maggie and Paul. Admits he touched them both. Then he called 911. Called his brother Randy. Called one of Paul's friends who lived nearby.

07:07

Then Murdaugh says he actually tried to turn Paul over and his cell phone popped out of his pocket. He picked up the phone to see if he could do something with it, but put it back down quickly.

07:06

INTERVIEW: Murdaugh says he pulled up and could immediately tell it was really bad. "My boy over there, I ran over, I could see ... (begins sobbing) ... I could see his brain on ... "I ran over to Maggie."

07:01

Rutland goes on to interview Murdaugh with Dave Owen from SLED present and Murdaugh's attorney Danny Henderson. Says Murdaugh was coherent, not appearing under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and had no trouble answering their questions.

07:00

Rutland was contacted by investigators and Dick Harpootlian about the shoe prints in recent works.
Thanks for this summary, Seattle1!

So many of AM's statements thus far make no sense when taken together as a whole, IMO, and could be easily countered by the prosecution as the trial proceeds. For example, he touched his son to carefully check his pulse, when he was lying in a pool of blood with such severe injuries to his head that he could see his brains? And then, after seeing the severity of his head injuries, he tried to turn his son over (whyyyyy?) and then touched his son's cellphone because it fell out of his pocket, but just for a minute, and then he put it back down? whaaaaaa????

I think he is just lying through his teeth, and thinks he can turn on the charm smiling and greeting people in the courtroom (yesterday) and garner sympathy crying his crocodile tears (today), and will be able to win people over through his "touching" behavior and all will be well.

Either he is so deep into committing more than 100 alleged crimes and spinning his own yarns in an attempt to cover up what he's done that he doesn't realize it doesn't all add up, or his MO is to just lie, lie, deny, deny. Which seems either preposterous or diabolical, since he is a lawyer afterall and should "know better", IMO, that "bald faced lies" and playing on people's sympathies can only go so far in establishing plausible deniability.

All MOO.

With More Than 100 Other Criminal Charges Waiting, Alex Murdaugh Murder Trial Begins on Monday

Thanks for this summary, Seattle1!

So many of AM's statements thus far make no sense when taken together as a whole, IMO, and could be easily countered by the prosecution as the trial proceeds. For example, he touched his son to carefully check his pulse, when he was lying in a pool of blood with such severe injuries to his head that he could see his brains? And then, after seeing the severity of his head injuries, he tried to turn his son over (whyyyyy?) and then touched his son's cellphone because it fell out of his pocket, but just for a minute, and then he put it back down? whaaaaaa????

I think he is just lying through his teeth, and thinks he can turn on the charm smiling and greeting people in the courtroom (yesterday) and garner sympathy crying his crocodile tears (today), and will be able to win people over through his "touching" behavior and all will be well.

Either he is so deep into committing more than 100 alleged crimes and spinning his own yarns in an attempt to cover up what he's done that he doesn't realize it doesn't all add up, or his MO is to just lie, lie, deny, deny. Which seems either preposterous or diabolical, since he is a lawyer afterall and should "know better", IMO, that "bald faced lies" and playing on people's sympathies can only go so far in establishing plausible deniability.

All MOO.

With More Than 100 Other Criminal Charges Waiting, Alex Murdaugh Murder Trial Begins on Monday
Did LE ask him if he washed off after he allegedly did that? That would be a normal question to ask since LE had been told he had gone up to the house to get a gun. JMO.

Listening to the replay of the interview they played earlier in court today Law & Crime is showing during the break and I just caught AM saying he called 911 and "she was really good". I didn't catch that earlier. I feel like that is a weird thing to bring attention to shortly after discovering the bodies of your wife and son. "How you doing?" vibes all over again. MOO

Did LE ask him if he washed off after he allegedly did that? That would be a normal question to ask since LE had been told he had gone up to the house to get a gun. JMO.
I haven't heard if they did - I'm starting to think that is one of the things the prosecution is suggesting when they're talking about the water surrounding PM's body. Do they think AM washed off there at the kennels by PM's body? Would also explain DH's reaction yesterday when he objected to the question about if there was blood in the standing water. MOO

Listening to the replay of the interview they played earlier in court today Law & Crime is showing during the break and I just caught AM saying he called 911 and "she was really good". I didn't catch that earlier. I feel like that is a weird thing to bring attention to shortly after discovering the bodies of your wife and son. "How you doing?" vibes all over again. MOO
I heard that too. Was he talking about the 911 operator? Really weird aside from him.

JMO

Murdaugh flips from crying hysterically to very calm and matter of fact. People react differently in these situations and his attorneys say he was in shock, which also would be understandable if he's innocent....or guilty. Jurors are going to want some hard evidence.
No doubt you would be in shock after seeing your child's brains, I've cried over accidentally scratching one of mine, I have never fetched myself a new outfit though ;). I doubt very much that the jury will need much tbf.

I haven't heard if they did - I'm starting to think that is one of the things the prosecution is suggesting when they're talking about the water surrounding PM's body. Do they think AM washed off there at the kennels by PM's body? Would also explain DH's reaction yesterday when he objected to the question about if there was blood in the standing water. MOO
Oh yes, I definitely think that's what the State was trying to get at with the puddle of water -- trying to show he washed off in it. I just wish LE would have asked him if he washed off. There could be innocent explanation for that -- i.e., you go to the house to get a gun -- see there's blood on your hands and want to get it off. I'm just thinking out loud... maybe they didn't want to ask him anything that was even slightly adversarial for fear he would stop talking. But I haven't listened to the whole interview. JMO.

Help me, why did AM go to the kennels? I mean what excuse did he give????

Maggie messes around with the dogs, house was dark so..... suddenly he wanted to ... what? ... mess around with the dogs, too?

Why shouldn't he assume MM had turned in, called it a night? Why did he need to locate her at all? And if she was out, why not plop down on his imaginary couch in his perfect-marriage house of make-believe and wait for her to return?

Erm, did he have a premonition she needed looking for?

So not credible.

JMO

Last edited:
The investigators placed their arms on his shoulder trying to console AM as he was crying in that car interview at Moselle

Man that shirt is CLEAN. Also, June in the south is HUMID (as testified by LE yesterday), so humid it can be miserable...that shirt is surprisingly DRY. MOO.
Big time fresh looking shirt and fresh looking him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆