SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was Maggie coming from? Do we know how she spent her day? Did she bring Paul to Moselle? Felt better, thinking at least she wouldn't have to be alone with AM?

Her footprints, do they suggest she arrived before AM and was waiting, pacing?

It would seem that AM made a career of destroying families (stealing their settlements) before destroying his own, in a matter of minutes.

Ghastly.

JMO
There is more in this article about MM's and PM's arrival times at Moselle. Not sure how accurate it is as I don't know if the times match up with the State's claims in it's Opening Statement:

"Multiple sources close to the investigation have also confirmed to FITSNews that, prior to June 7, and at the time of her death, Maggie Murdaugh was living apart from her husband and alone at her Edisto Beach home.

[O]n the evening of June 7, Maggie drove to Moselle — the family’s 1,700-acre hunting property in Islandton, S.C. (about an hour and fifteen minutes from their Edisto Beach house) — because Alex had asked her to meet him there.

In other words, Maggie was “lured” to what would be the site of her murder, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the situation.

These same sources say Maggie had expressed her hesitancy to meet with her estranged husband to at least three other people in her life, but ultimately decided it was the right thing to do.

It is unclear whether this information would have been contained on Maggie Murdaugh’s iPhone".

I’m thinking tonight about Paul’s shooting, ammo and wounds. Have they said what kind of ammo was used yet? Or the distance the shooter was from Paul? Thinking about the refraction time between shots to get two in and how far blood traveled if there were, indeed, brains on the ceiling.

Murdaugh said at one point that he'd been driving around with Paul during the day. Maggie texted a friend that something was up since Murdaugh wanted her to meet at the property rather than his mother's house. I think Paul's vehicle was swapped with an uncle ??? - perhaps he was tuning up Paul's truck? Did I understand correctly that Paul was at Moselle and he did not have his own vehicle?

It sounds like a set up where Maggie is supposed to meet Alex at Moselle and she knows he's up to something. Paul is driving around with Alex all day ... did Alex drive Paul to Moselle, then visit his mother, then return to Moselle? Is that the story?

What we currently have in evidence by AM is false: He's sitting in SLED's vehicle talking up about the happy family and marriage when in fact we know they were living separately.

The state's timeline has MM arriving Moselle (from Edisto Beach) around 8:15 PM.

The state's timeline has PM's phone at the kennels around 8:30 PM.

Per the autopsies, PM and MM had similar food content in their stomachs so good chance MM brought food and they dined between MM's arrival and 8:30 PM when they are at the kennels.

PM was working a job during the day at his uncle's place of business. I believe the uncle ended up with Paul's truck because his vehicle was used to transport his dad to the hospital.

We know the uncle was driving Paul's F250 to the crime scene late at night after the murders when it broke down and was left on the roadside.

AM/PM reportedly drove around the Moselle property and looked at the newly planted trees and sunflowers that had to be replanted in the dove fields. Sounds like this happened around supper time or about 6 pm - 7 pm before MM arrived Moselle. MOO

This is pure speculation on my part. Do you remember Maggie"s will from 2005 that named her sister as what I would call the executor? and, do you remember the undated unsigned codicil that was found that removed the sister and named her father-in-law executor? I think AM drafted that codicil and intended to sign and date it and then kill her so she couldn't contest it. With MM dead, the father-in-law would then dispose of her estate and could sign for her half of the beach property that AM was wanting to use for collateral on a loan. I don't know for sure but I have read somewhere that MM was the sole owner of record for the Moselle property (someone correct me if this is wrong) and if that's the case, the father-in-law could abdicate his responsibility in favor of someone else in the GOB Network that would facilitate Moselle belonging to BM and AM quickly so that property too could be put up as collateral for additional loans. I don't know how the father-in-law's death would have affected that unsigned undated codicil.
jmo & moo
The unsigned document would not be valid so it's as if it did not exist and the sister probably remained the executor. I think we can look that up if her Will's been probated and filed with the court.

I'd be curious who MM named as the alternate executor in the unsigned, amended documents naming her father-in-law since he outlived her by only about 48 hours. MOO

ETA: add link

Where was Maggie coming from? Do we know how she spent her day? Did she bring Paul to Moselle? Felt better, thinking at least she wouldn't have to be alone with AM?

Her footprints, do they suggest she arrived before AM and was waiting, pacing?

It would seem that AM made a career of destroying families (stealing their settlements) before destroying his own, in a matter of minutes.

Ghastly.

JMO
He killed them before he visited his mother, 30 minutes after Maggie arrived at 8:15 pm. He returned to Moselle in time to phone 911 at 10 pm. Maybe he poured water around Paul to slow blood coagulation? Photos suggest a lot of blood around Paul.

8:02 p.m. Alex phone has no activity, he probably left it in the house
8:15 p.m. Maggie arrived for a visit. She was staying/living at the beach house
8:30 p.m. Paul walks to the kennels
8:45 p.m. Alex, Maggie and Paul are together on video at the kennels
8:49 p.m. Paul phone goes dead
8:50 p.m. Maggie phone goes dead
9:02 p.m. Alex phone is active, called Maggie, his father and text Maggie about alibi of visiting mom.
10:00 p.m. Alex phoned 911

"According to the State's timeline, Maggie arrived at Moselle 8:15 p.m. on June 7, 2021 from Edisto. Around 8:30 p.m., Paul’s phone moved toward the kennels. Alex said he was napping and never went to the kennels.

At 8:44:55 p.m., Paul recorded a video at the kennels to send to a friend. On the video, Paul’s voice, Maggie’s voice – and Alex’s voice – can be heard.

Three minutes later, Paul’s phone goes silent forever. At 8:49 p.m., Paul doesn’t answer a message from his friend. Almost a minute later, Maggie’s phone goes silent.

There is no activity from Alex’s phone between 8:02 and 9:02 p.m.

At 9:02 p.m., Alex called Maggie’s phone, his father’s phone, and texted Maggie’s phone to say he’s headed to his parents’ house." ... Alex Murdaugh placed a 911 call around 10 p.m.

Murdaugh said at one point that he'd been driving around with Paul during the day. Maggie texted a friend that something was up since Murdaugh wanted her to meet at the property rather than his mother's house. I think Paul's vehicle was swapped with an uncle ??? - perhaps he was tuning up Paul's truck? Did I understand correctly that Paul was at Moselle and he did not have his own vehicle?

It sounds like a set up where Maggie is supposed to meet Alex at Moselle and she knows he's up to something. Paul is driving around with Alex all day ... did Alex drive Paul to Moselle, then visit his mother, then return to Moselle? Is that the story?
BBM

@otto This is an old article but has some very interesting background information.

"According to his uncle, John Marvin Murdaugh, Paul spent the day working with him at his equipment rental business in Okatie, S.C.. When Randolph Murdaugh III needed to be transported to the hospital in Savannah, John Marvin drove his truck to his parent’s home in Almeda and took his father to Savannah in his mother’s car."

"He asked Paul to retrieve his truck from his parent’s home – which is believed to be the vehicle Paul drove to Moselle on the night he was murdered...Paul was at Moselle checking on a friend’s dog. It’s never been made clear if Paul’s presence was unexpected."

Last edited:
This is pure speculation on my part. Do you remember Maggie"s will from 2005 that named her sister as what I would call the executor? and, do you remember the undated unsigned codicil that was found that removed the sister and named her father-in-law executor? I think AM drafted that codicil and intended to sign and date it and then kill her so she couldn't contest it. With MM dead, the father-in-law would then dispose of her estate and could sign for her half of the beach property that AM was wanting to use for collateral on a loan. I don't know for sure but I have read somewhere that MM was the sole owner of record for the Moselle property (someone correct me if this is wrong) and if that's the case, the father-in-law could abdicate his responsibility in favor of someone else in the GOB Network that would facilitate Moselle belonging to BM and AM quickly so that property too could be put up as collateral for additional loans. I don't know how the father-in-law's death would have affected that unsigned undated codicil.
jmo & moo
OK, it looks like MM's sister renounced her role as executor to MM's estate, and her brother-in-law John Marvin handling her estate.

So. Just watched/listened to the proceedings of the latter part of today. Is the shotgun that AM said he went to retrieve while on the phone with 911, the same gun with the blood that was swabbed? Does this explain all the earlier talk of one gun missing and one gun found on scene? If so, I think it’s the nail in the coffin for AM, and I fully believe DH and JG ended it because they weren’t expecting that.

Can you please elaborate. Why the nail in the coffin?

He killed them before he visited his mother, 30 minutes after Maggie arrived at 8:15 pm. He returned to Moselle in time to phone 911 at 10 pm. Maybe he poured water around Paul to slow blood coagulation? Photos suggest a lot of blood around Paul.

8:02 p.m. Alex phone has no activity, he probably left it in the house
8:15 p.m. Maggie arrived for a visit. She was staying/living at the beach house
8:30 p.m. Paul walks to the kennels
8:45 p.m. Alex, Maggie and Paul are together on video at the kennels
8:49 p.m. Paul phone goes dead
8:50 p.m. Maggie phone goes dead
9:02 p.m. Alex phone is active, called Maggie, his father and text Maggie about alibi of visiting mom.
10:00 p.m. Alex phoned 911

Anyone who watched his LEO interview right after the murders notice where he pre-explains why they’d find his fingerprints on PM’s phone (while also giving no real explanation on why he put the phone back on the body)? Anyone else wonder if he tried to delete whatever he saw him recording and then figured out he didn’t know how to work it? Or it was too risky to delete?

What we currently have in evidence by AM is false: He's sitting in SLED's vehicle talking up about the happy family and marriage when in fact we know they were living separately.

The state's timeline has MM arriving Moselle (from Edisto Beach) around 8:15 PM.

The state's timeline has PM's phone at the kennels around 8:30 PM.

Per the autopsies, PM and MM had similar food content in their stomachs so good chance MM brought food and they dined between MM's arrival and 8:30 PM when they are at the kennels.

PM was working a job during the day at his uncle's place of business. I believe the uncle ended up with Paul's truck because his vehicle was used to transport his dad to the hospital.

We know the uncle was driving Paul's F250 to the crime scene late at night after the murders when it broke down and was left on the roadside.

AM/PM reportedly drove around the Moselle property and looked at the newly planted trees and sunflowers that had to be replanted in the dove fields. Sounds like this happened around supper time or about 6 pm - 7 pm before MM arrived Moselle. MOO
What was he doing - trying to make Paul's last day alive pleasant? He won't feel guilty if Paul died with happy thoughts?

That helps with the timeline. After Alex and Paul admired the Moselle property, Maggie brought take-out at 8:15 pm. At 8:30 she stayed behind in the house for a few minutes while Paul and Alex walked (?) to the kennels. Within 15 minutes Maggie was at the kennels. Paul made and sent a video with all three voices at the kennels at 8:45. Within minutes of the video, Paul's head was blown off and Maggie was hit five times, twice fatally.

I wonder whether Alex orchestrated that Paul didn't have his truck, to ensure that Paul didn't leave earlier than Alex intended.

Can you please elaborate. Why the nail in the coffin?
If the shotgun he says he went to retrieve while on the phone with 911 has blood inside the muzzle? I just don’t know how you can explain that away. She said it was also on the side of the shotgun. He cleaned himself possibly but forgot to clean the gun?

Anyone who watched his LEO interview right after the murders notice where he pre-explains why they’d find his fingerprints on PM’s phone (while also giving no real explanation on why he put the phone back on the body)? Anyone else wonder if he tried to delete whatever he saw him recording and then figured out he didn’t know how to work it? Or it was too risky to delete?
The phone situation is puzzling. Why pick up PMs phone only to leave it. And yet take MMs phone and dispose of it down the road? Were there 2 killers? There were 2 guns and 2 different actions regarding phones. Or was PMs killer interrupted and that's why he dropped the phone?

But, seriously, the truck breaks down?? I am not saying this is a lie but why would they have vehicles that aren't running right/well?

OK, it was AM's defense that came out and painted 22-year-old PM as very irresponsible -- blaming him for losing the missing weapon and other assets from Moselle!

And if PM took care of his F-250 like he did the boat he crashed, it could have been PM neglected to respond to a warning light and the truck's computer defaulted to "limp mode" which makes the vehicle inoperable. I think following the BOLO report by LE, somebody got the vehicle to the residence the following day to be searched. MOO

1674871063606.png

What was he doing - trying to make Paul's last day alive pleasant? He won't feel guilty if Paul died with happy thoughts?

That helps with the timeline. After Alex and Paul admired the Moselle property, Maggie brought take-out at 8:15 pm. At 8:30 she stayed behind in the house for a few minutes while Paul and Alex walked (?) to the kennels. Within 15 minutes Maggie was at the kennels. Paul made and sent a video with all three voices at the kennels at 8:45. Within minutes of the video, Paul's head was blown off and Maggie was hit five times, twice fatally.

I wonder whether Alex orchestrated that Paul didn't have his truck, to ensure that Paul didn't leave earlier than Alex intended.
Not sure this matters, but just an fyi that the Defense claimed in opening that there is a video of Paul and Alex riding around looking at trees they planted at 7:30 or 8:00 pm the night of the murders. Not sure how close they were to the kennels on this alleged ride. My understanding is that Paul and John Marvin switched vehicles on the day of the murders -- to me that means Paul would have probably driven John Marvin's vehicle to Moselle. But maybe I'm wrong about that. I haven't listened to all the testimony but I haven't heard anything about John Marvin's vehicle being at Moselle. JMO.

OK, it was AM's defense that came out and painted 22-year-old PM as very irresponsible -- blaming him for losing the missing weapon and other assets from Moselle!

And if PM took care of his F-250 like he did the boat he crashed, it could have been PM neglected to respond to a warning light and the truck's computer defaulted to "limp mode" which makes the vehicle inoperable. I think following the BOLO report by LE, somebody got the vehicle to the residence the following day to be searched. MOO

View attachment 398291

First off. Thats not an f-250. It’s been said that JMM and PM switched vehicles that evening. PM worked for JMM at his local equipment dealership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88