SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may have had an addiction to opioids but IMO he had a greater addiction to power and money.
He may or may not have an addiction to opiods, but that doesn’t account for the millions he screwed clients, friends and his firm out of. He was living beyond his means e.g., $10k for guns for Xmas gifts, charter jets, heaven only knows what else. And he was at least somewhat functional as an attorney, getting settlements for clients, then finagling how to screw them out of $.

I have a feeling AM tried to get his part of the inheritance into a protected trust or given to someone else so it could not be seized. His retirement accounts are protected against seizure.

MOO
He tried to sign something (his share of MM’s estate I think—someone correct me if I’m wrong) over to his son BM but a judge denied it.

Did he really use that knife? Not exactly a criminal mastermind.

No. They were dismissed for the day more than an hour ago. Jury not coming back until 11:30am tomorrow. Judge has been listening to more testimony and arguments re evidence of financial motive being admitted.
Good, I might just be able to get groceries before trial begins.

Yes Chris WIlson is a sympathetic figure and he is talked about like TRASH on some of the podcasts I have heard. I hope he gets paid back.
I believe his antennas were up on the way the disbursement was made to PMPED, then voided. Then Alex asked him to make them out to him personally. If he wasn't a friend of his, I doubt he would have taken what Alex said at face value and really, he should have checked it out.

Hindsight is 20/20 I guess, I feel sorry for him if he truly was bamboozled by Alex.

MOO

The motive according to the prosecution seems almost insane, but given how much AM had got away with, and for how long, before that time, I can see the reasoning- if he can just buy some time..

To me, considering the incredible stress he was under- his father dying, his mother suffering from dementia, the boat crash trial, and being confronted at work that day about his thefts- it seems unbelievable that his account is that is was pretty much an ordinary night-driving around with Paul, napping in front of the tele, visiting his mother. The gig was up at work, it was the end of life as he knew it, and he didn't react to this? That narrative seems almost as incredible to me as that of a loving husband and father murdering his family.

Well, I was slammed with work today, and got to listen to bits and pieces, and then was able to listen to all of the 404 testimony/arguments this afternoon.

Maybe it is just me, but I really wish they would flesh out (if possible) the videos, audio, etc... Bring in the witness that can discuss the blue raincoat(or did I miss that), etc.... I totally understand the importance of bringing in the financial information, but the videos........ They were only played once or twice.

JMO. moo....

To sum it up for me….AM is a conman,drug addict, lier and thief so far! IMOO I think he is also guilty of the slaughter of his wife and son. Maggie wanted to leave and Paul with the boat issue triggered it all. JMOO

At the this point, the jury has not heard any evidence exposing AM as a con man. Has the prosecution shared evidence that Maggie was thinking about leaving him?
I’m sure there are jurors confused. How does AM killing Paul and Maggie solve any of his problems? What was the motive? From what I’ve heard, and that includes everything the jury wasn’t allowed to hear, the motive isn’t even rational, when looking at it from AM’s perspective.

The motive according to the prosecution seems almost insane, but given how much AM had got away with, and for how long, before that time, I can see the reasoning- if he can just buy some time..

To me, considering the incredible stress he was under- his father dying, his mother suffering from dementia, the boat crash trial, and being confronted at work that day about his thefts- it seems unbelievable that his account is that is was pretty much an ordinary night-driving around with Paul, napping in front of the tele, visiting his mother. The gig was up at work, it was the end of life as he knew it, and he didn't react to this? That narrative seems almost as incredible to me as that of a loving husband and father murdering his family.
This is an excellent point. The state should bring all of this up. The defense is trying to sell the perfect marriage, happy family and normal evening with family. Any normal husband, father, son, brother, would have been in a state of despair about his father and also about his career and crimes being discovered. His reactions that night were not normal. Living a life of lies was normal to Alec. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151