SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started watching so this may be a moot point. Is this witness trying to compare casings, etc found at the murder scene only or the bullets removed from the victims also being compared?? Likely murder weapons are gone.
May be another bomb dropped by the prosecution.

Remember there was testimony that a presumptive blood test showed blood on the gun that AM allegedly retrieved from the house. If it was human blood I guess AM could say it was transferred there from when he allegedly checked on MM and PM. JMO.

Don't see any way in hades that AM will testify in his own defense. He'll just sit on the stand and rock back and forth and cry crocodile tears. Plus there is no way he can explain some of the evidence away that has come out already. It likely wasn't coincidental that this went down the day his firm started questioning him about all of his financial misdeeds.

I agree that he is a crook and a very dishonourable man but I can't get past the two rifles that were used...how and why would he do that...I wonder if there were two men who were there to kill Paul because of the boating accident and then saw Maggie and had to kill her as well...I know, highly unlikely but the number of rifles used and the brutal shot to Paul's head makes me think it had to be someone else..
One rifle and one shotgun

This is beautiful.

The firearm used to murder Paul had been used excessively throughout the property.

So an unknown assailant came empty-handed.....

Pretty fortunate for SODDI that the weapons were pre-loaded.

How would they know that? Would an unknown assailant rely on immediate access to a loaded weapon?

Looks like AM buys a fancy gun for his son, murders him with it, disappears the gun and ultimately is betrayed by that same gun, by the very fact that it existed, it shot a lot, the bullets matched, and it got itself gone.

Poetic justice.

JMO

The lackadaisical way the M's treated their weapons, ammo and spent shells is fortuitous for the prosecution. AM really should have chosen an off site location to do his business. He may have pulled this off a bit better. JMO

"Financial misdeeds" -- like they're boyish shenanigans. Atrocious violations of all decency.

Defense wants us to think he was making harmless loans he was swift to repay. Sure. But I prefer to call it what it is. THEFT.

FELONY THEFT.

AM, poster boy for moral bankruptcy.

JMO

The lackadaisical way the M's treated their weapons, ammo and spent shells is fortuitous for the prosecution. AM really should have chosen an off site location to do his business. He may have pulled this off a bit better. JMO
Yeah, I am president of a hunting club and it is a rule we pick up every shell casing that is fired on the property and bring back with us to the cabin to throw away there. Very fortunate now for the prosecution that the Murdaugh's didn't have this rule.

On the other hand, the Satterfield circumstances reveal just one example among many of the extent to which AM was willing to commoditize others with whom he had a relationship (his housekeeper and her life) for personal gain and stole the things that belonged to or otherwise financially endangered them or their heirs (settlements due the housekeeper's children for her death) for his own benefit. Others commoditized:
  • his relationship with his personal insurers, who he cheated by "suing" himself (with a friend "fronting" as attorney of record to reduce the apparent conflict of interest) to gain the proceeds of settlements from his liability and blanket policies for those injured on his own property.
  • his relationship with his law partners, who he cheated by maximizing his own gain at their expense (accepting reduced %-fee for the partnership to give the impression he was increasing the share of the settlement due to the client, and then privately taking the full settlement for himself, while only reporting the reduced fee as belonging to the partnership).
  • his relationship with his friends - Russell Lafitte, who allowed himself and his role at the bank to be exploited to financially benefit AM at the expense of the integrity and financial security of the bank and the clients to whom they owed a fiduciary duty; Chris Wilson, who he lied to - affirming that his law partners had been made aware he was diverting the partnership's share of fees to a "structured settlement company" (that was in fact an alternative company benefitting only AM).

In other words, through his actions AM has demonstrated a PATTERN of sacrificing others and what he owed them (as trusted friend, partner, client, and allegedly - spouse and child) to his own personal interests (ETA: And violating the law in doing so.)
Yes, patterns are so important. Totally sociopathic behavior, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie