SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
In preparation of litigation for the boat crash, AM quitclaimed all the property they owned jointly including Edisto and Moselle on paper only. Legal docs at sale show the property was owned 50/50 interest.

AM told others MM was dragging the appraisal and that was due to happen on June 8. Remember MM's texts in evidence with her friend about leaving the house unlocked and she trusted the "Mexicans" (i.e., workmen) to lock up for her?
What does that mean “on paper only?”

AM's path of destruction in the lives of those around him is incredible. I really hope the evidence of financial crimes can be shown to the jury. It changes everything.

I am assuming the the opoid addiction will be introduced at some point?. If so, will there be detail about where AM got the drugs from, or simply that he had a problem?

Gun forensics have been studied for what, 100 plus years, so I think the defense is just reaching to try and make it junk.
Unfortunately, courts are becoming more skeptical regarding one realm of ballistics testimony. That realm would be firearms recognition. I think the defense will have a witness testify to this.

See: The Field of Firearms Forensics Is Flawed

Am I just totally biased because I think AM is completely guilty and there are more crimes yet to be discovered, but is this trial going really really badly for him?

I know it's early days, but I just am not seeing a way the defense can work around so much damning evidence.

MOO

Ive noticed that his sister doesn’t sit with Buster or any family. Unless I’ve missed it. I’d like to know how the family members position themselves, for or against him.
I think it's very sad that this has rippled through not only the Murdaugh family, but so many others in the community. Lots of victims.

Am I just totally biased because I think AM is completely guilty and there are more crimes yet to be discovered, but is this trial going really really badly for him?

I know it's early days, but I just am not seeing a way the defense can work around so much damning evidence.

MOO

OJ, Casey Anthony, Jodi Arias…
We never know

What does that mean “on paper only?”
Somebody looking to sue does a title search and only one name appears (i.e., on paper only).

Putting the property in MM's name did not relieve AM of his payment responsibility or remove AM's name from the bank loan or change the joint-ownership collateral.

I just looked on the Colleton County deed records. The Edisto house was sold in 2022 for $955,000 distributed as below and it appears that it was in both names:

View attachment 399900
View attachment 399899

Last edited:
Unfortunately, courts are becoming more skeptical regarding one realm of ballistics testimony. That realm would be firearms recognition. I think the defense will have a witness testify to this.

See: The Field of Firearms Forensics Is Flawed
Agreed but evolving like DNA testing and gunsmithing over 10yrs certain aspects of each weapon that I've worked on along with doing re-load's, many facts stand the test of time. I've loaned out weapons to family for our hunt camp's and can tell if they shot a different brand bullet through it, opting for a hotter grain as we say. Some brands even with the same grain will eject the shell slightly different leaving marks in a different location. Had a cousin who used one of my slug guns and kept saying that every several shot's or so the gun would jam and not chamber a different round. He swore that he was using the ammo I provided but after I inspected the loading port noticed different fresh marks. The investigator in me went to work and ran my chosen rounds through then took note of the markings on the shell as well as the scuffing that had been present from my ammo. Then before even asking him went to his hunting vest and pulled out the culprits and went to running them through, jammed on the 2nd round, ejected jammed round and took note of the fresh scuffs. I then set both brands of shells in front of my kin who had denied using other then what I suggested. I then went to work on pointed out the scuff locations on the shells as well as the loading port, he confessed and was found guilty and was pardened the same day but banned from my weapons lol. So bare with us you science guys and four out of five dentist prefer Crest, one guy still holding out.

Last edited:
"Financial misdeeds" -- like they're boyish shenanigans. Atrocious violations of all decency.

Defense wants us to think he was making harmless loans he was swift to repay. Sure. But I prefer to call it what it is. THEFT.

FELONY THEFT.

AM, poster boy for moral bankruptcy.

JMO
I'm won't be surprised if the defense doesn't infer that he's a victim of entrapment. If his law firm along with the bank wouldn't have made it so easy for him, he wouldn't have done it. It was the bank and the law firm that didn't catch him and therefore, in his mind, encouraged the behavior. jmo

MOO
Still pulling bones out of AM's closet.

I'm won't be surprised if the defense doesn't infer that he's a victim of entrapment. If his law firm along with the bank wouldn't have made it so easy for him, he wouldn't have done it. It was the bank and the law firm that didn't catch him and therefore, in his mind, encouraged the behavior. jmo
Yup -- in AM's mind only. This follows the logic AM believed by killing his family, he was "saving" PM and MM from the future pain of PM being a convicted felon, prohibited from possessing a weapon, etc., and MM seeing her baby boy go to jail for causing the death of Mallory Beach...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam