SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would this vary by state ? My son in law passed away and my grandson is his only heir. My SIl's life insurance policy is not considered part of the Estate and has not been included in the Wisconsin Probate process. The insurance will be paid directly to my grandson.
As your grandson was the beneficiary, the insurance proceeds would be paid directly to him. JMO

Would this vary by state ? My son in law passed away and my grandson is his only heir. My SIl's life insurance policy is not considered part of the Estate and has not been included in the Wisconsin Probate process. The insurance will be paid directly to my grandson.
The Insurance Policy is payable to the Beneficiary, so If that is a person it goes directly to that person/beneficiary. An Estate is an entity, which requires other legalities.
Very sorry for your loss escape2sc

Are we to think AM would confess or implicate himself to his friends, relatives or law partners at that meeting so soon after the murders? He was confronted by the CFO, but did he tell anyone about that so soon after that confrontation? Will this info just muddy the waters and confuse the jury??
Personally I think he'd be spinning the story about this being a payback aimed at Paul for the boat accident, just like he did on the 911 call and when officers first arrived on the scene the night of the murders. MOO

I'm not sure what to make of this. Is the defense team releasing this alleged focus group information because they themselves opened the door to letting this information in and and they trying to save face by claiming "Oh it's really no big deal"? From the States' perspective, it takes the facts as they are -- this is the motive that the State believes applies. Personally, I find it entirely plausible that financial and legal stresses -- i.e., the walls closing in -- could cause some people to murder. JMO.
I think I agree but sound like focus groups did not, according to Condon. I guess maybe I shouldn't waste energy on stuff like this. We won't know what THIS jury thinks until we know! Just praying there is no tampering or intimidation, or anyone who was a "plant."

I'm thinking I can't wait for the "Cousin Eddie Did It" defense.
Now I know I'm going to get slammed, but I think ole' Cousin Eddie is going to bring a lot to the party. He has known Alex his whole life, and we know based on the financial witnesses Alex paid him hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years. There was a relationship there beyond dispute.

What did Cousin Eddie do for Alex to pay him all that money? I think it goes much further than we realize and I believe ole' Cousin Eddie is going to drop the dime on Alex to save himself for a looooong jail sentence. I hope Eddie has good security until he testifies, people tend to end up dead around Alex.

JMO

I think I agree but sound like focus groups did not, according to Condon. I guess maybe I shouldn't waste energy on stuff like this. We won't know what THIS jury thinks until we know! Just praying there is no tampering or intimidation, or anyone who was a "plant."
Agree -- I don't dispute the focus group findings. I'm questioning why the defense team is releasing this information. JMO.

Last edited:
I think he mentions MMS parents? That somebody else said something about it too and her mom asking for clarification? I should take notes.
There were 2 conversations with multiple people one was at Moselle with about 20 present according to SLED agent Croft. After SLED had their 3rd meeting with Alex, they went to talk to Maggie's family and that is when Jim Griffin accompanied Alex.

I think during that 3rd interview is when SLED all out named him a suspect to his face and AM lawyered up at that point.

MOO

Personally I think he'd be spinning the story about this being a payback aimed at Paul for the boat accident, just like he did on the 911 call and when officers first arrived on the scene the night of the murders. MOO
I agree. I think AM had long been contemplating the discard of PM (and his mother, MM, by default), and AM being placed on notice by his Firm on June 7 just sealed the deal. Time to act was now -- relying on the tragedy to also buy him so more time for filing the financial disclosure with Beach plaintiffs. JMO

I do feel sorry for Buster and want to sympathize with his pain, but some times he makes it darn hard. Like yucking it up at that golf tournament not long after the murders, going to Vegas with Uncle John Marvin, some of the conversations that he had with his Dad (AM) scheming to get back into USC Law School on those jailhouse tapes.

I'm afraid he had some definite Murdaugh learned behavior that I hope he can break free of one day.

MOO

I am concerned about the State failing to connect the dots or closing the loops for a jury that cannot take notes.
Agree. I did read an article about the State having some LE witnesses to connect the dots but I can't find that article now. Otherwise it will come down to closing arguments, when the state has the chance to tie all the circumstantial evidence together.

I have a great deal of confidence in the prosecution. I know we all want the complete picture right now, but I think of their case like a quilt- they have to meticulously select, measure, cut, pin and then, finally, we get to see it assembled and sewn. The quilt isn't put together until the end, and it is much more impactful to see it all stitched up at once. You can't put any old thing in the quilt- the pieces have to fit somewhere. The job of the defense is to try to add in extra pieces or cut holes in existing pieces, which is more about being an agent of chaos rather than an agent of order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd