SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
My notes from Fitsnews interview this afternoon with Curtis Eddie Smith's attorney Aimee Zmroczek:

CES's "health is terrible, he is not doing well." He can't get access to his pain medication, he has severe spinal injuries and AM represented CES on this injury.
Regarding his potential testimony, his attorney would not comment but said "if he testifies it will lend (?) some interesting things."
Asked why do you think your client was thrown into this? "Because he was an easy target. You can just call him a drug dealer and he's an easy target" You can just blame him...he did this and he did that..and now apparently he's so crafty he commits a double murder. She requested the defense test CES DNA because it could exclude her client, which she said he is....excluded. There is no connected via DNA to him for sure. They have his phone and his alibi, multiple people do. They know where he was. 3 people were with CES, his phone, and his home computer and he was no where near Moselle.
IF he takes the stand (she says IF he takes the stand several times and IF he testifies) he will have a chance to explain how he got involved in "this" and what a "drug dealer" he was (she air quoted) and he welcomes the opportunity to clear his name a bit now that Alex has soiled it.

She said she is "looking forward to what evidence (the State) has to put in" regarding the murders, when asked about State evidence proving the double murders. She said "she is looking forward to what they have to put in" and thinks they lost an opportunity to ask Shelly (Alex mom caretaker) WHY she would call her brother...who is in law enforcement...why would you feel a need to call him? Was it a threat to you? Did you feel pressured?

Do you think the State will proceed....
I don't know the answer, I have no idea what the State is doing> I think they know more now and the roadside shooting...I think it will be interesting but cannot elaborate.

She said 50/50 if CES will be called to testify and she believes Atty General is calling the shots on who is being called as witnesses. She wishes they would use more tech evidence...gap in AM phone records is big and is getting lost.
-------------------------------------------------
at about 32:54

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads