SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
How I see that the murders could've played out:
(a) Eddie snuck around the end/side of the feed room where Paul was and shot him.

But the dogs didn't alert.

(b) Alex, walking the property casually with gun in hand (as typical), then shoots Maggie from a longer range.

The shooter was within 5 feet.

There's no need for another shooter. The evidence is consistent with one.

I'm not convinced AM was in the drug trade. If he was he wouldn't need to steal money from his clients - he'd have lots of illegal money he needed to wash. This seems to be the story of a man burning money faster than he could earn it.

I was just listening to some of the older Murdaugh Murder Podcasts. Phenomenal journalism and deep dives into the money and Alex’s connections with drug smugglers and traffickers. The speculation is that his land deals with Barret Boulware were for properties used for lookouts and offloading of “product” because of their isolation and access to waterways. This is so much bigger than we’ve heard in court.
This! I have been waiting for this info to come up in the trial. I have also wondered about the landing strip at the Mozelle property. If I was a juror on the Mozelle field trip, I would be curious about this. Who used it? When and why? Is small aircraft tracked by the local airport so that records would show when the airstrip was used and who was piloting the plane? (As you can see, I have no knowledge in this area!) jmo

But the dogs didn't alert.

The shooter was within 5 feet.

There's no need for another shooter. The evidence is consistent with one.
The feed room was at the end of the building. He could've easily been concealed from the dogs further away on the lot and approached the building in the darkness without the dogs/others knowing, outside and around that end of the building.

Noted on the distance.. I thought it was further out for some reason. Still, I feel like having a co-conspirator would alleviate some of the shame a narcissist would need to avoid for something so personal, that is killing your own offspring. He would have someone to project both murders onto, and use this even in his own head to entirely believe and communicate his innocence.

Don't get this confused, however - I'm certain that he has zero remorse for this and every other horrible thing he has done.

The feed room was at the end of the building. He could've easily been concealed from the dogs further away on the lot and approached the building in the darkness without the dogs/others knowing, outside and around that end of the building.

Dogs are known for their hearing, and the guard guineas were there too.

Paul was attacked by surprise. It was someone he and the dogs knew.

This! I have been waiting for this info to come up in the trial. I have also wondered about the landing strip at the Mozelle property. If I was a juror on the Mozelle field trip, I would be curious about this. Who used it? When and why? Is small aircraft tracked by the local airport so that records would show when the airstrip was used and who was piloting the plane? (As you can see, I have no knowledge in this area!) jmo

Air strip was used by previous owners, (Boulwares)in older pictures you could see it. The trees planted now have rendered it useless now. The strip ran parallel to moselle rd, looking at map turn in driveway to house about 1/3 way in to the house it’s there and continues down to the ‘hanger’.

Jmo

Oh you can't handle both weapons at the same time, such cow patties. Proved that wrong with my own test I posted a few moons back, performed with my 12ga. and .223 tactical stock and both had slings. Guess I'll take the defenses expert out to the range and show him as well.
Shotgun for the close-up shot, the other for accuracy at more of a distance. Even I can hit a distant target dead center with an AR type weapon.

You just reminded me of another inconsistency in AM's testimony.
Remember how often he said that he and Maggie were very concerned about Paul's swollen feet, but that Paul didn't want to go to a doctor?
Then the prosecution pulled out an exhibit that showed a text from Paul saying that his feet were swollen and he needed to set up a doctor's appointment. So clearly Paul wasn't resistant to the idea...he was pushing the idea and was worried himself.

ETA: ooops. Just catching up and see that Gardenista already addressed this.
The irony is that the exhibit is marked "defense" LOL. If this guy gets off, it'll be because someone on his team got to the jury, not because there is any reasonable doubt, IMO.

I think they would have to have proof of that in the way of a witness. The witness would have already been recorded before trial began. I’m not sure though.
Maggie's sister introduced testimony of a past affair which the defense objected to because it was "too inflammatory" and because there had already been testimony that the marriage "wasn't perfect" -- and the judge ruled that it was inflammatory and was not clearly related to the murders -- so we haven't heard everything that the state has on that front.

I think juries now expect something out of "Criminal Minds", spoon fed to them. With video, DNA, and 10,000 other things. That is the only way I can understand why Casey Anthony and OJ Simpson are free.
There are any number of reasons for the OJ verdict, from the jury not understanding DNA (which was new) to the circus atmosphere of the trial, to a main law enforcement witness being revealed as a racist, to the crime scene people making big mistakes, to OJ being a big football star and actor. People ROOTED for OJ. Looking back, I speculate that he has CTE. We didn’t know about CTE back then, so nothing could explain why the seemingly sane man sitting in court would butcher two people Including a man he didn’t know.

Casey Anthony was over-charged and again, the defense attorney got the circus element going. Her family sandbagged their testimony; her dad got thrown under the bus by wife and daughter. Nancy Grace—I rest my case. None of that applies here, even though the initial crime scene was not handled properly.

Notwithstanding all the low-country corruption and the tabloid-ready Murdaugh “dynasty,” this trial has been competently conducted by the judge and the prosecution has presented a strong case, in my mind cinched by the video revealing AM lied to investigators and was at the murder scene, where there is no evidence that anyone else was there. People lie when they are covering up wrongdoing. The basic facts of the case against AM are solid. It’s normal for the defense to throw spaghetti at the wall to mislead the jury. They’re doing it in this case because they really have no defense other than the words of a pathological lying supposed opioid addict who bilked people who trust him, including his family law firm, out of millions of dollars. He’s a criminal who was at the murder scene at the right time and who by his own testimony, saw no one else and heard nothing to indicate someone else was down at the kennels murdering his family. He’s guilty.

It looks like MM put on quite a bit of weight between these two photos. No body shaming-promise-but probably indicative of a high stress level in her life during that time.

Who was it who recalled an incident where AM got nasty after taking drugs, and spent the night at his parents as a result, can anyone remember?

JMM says he didn't know about AM's drug abuse. That family had a lot going on. JMM also seems convinced of AM's innocence, perhaps the first person that really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire