SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to believe i-flip-phones testimony was to satisfy predicted jury curiosity.

I can't think of another reason.

JMO
I think it was to show nobody can say 100% it would or would not come on if tossed. WAY to many variables. Defense was trying to present something to show Alex couldn't have tossed the phone. I do believe this witness was simply showing phones can do many things and too many factors come into play.

What we do know Maggie wasn't using her phone after 8:55.. actually she wasn't using it before that, but steps were taken that can't be proven to be her or someone else so I'll just say 8:55. Alex was still home at this time. The phone ends up on the road along the route he would have taken to Almeda. It did turn on or screen on and off, but many things can cause that and tossing it doesn't 100% mean screen will come on/off and it also doesn't mean it won't.

just gonna go ahead and say it....

I think he is an awful man and liar.. BUT considering all the things the family has been accused of I don't really know if I could say 100% that there is no one else who could of killed them.

also - weird twist.. A's " biggest concern was clearing his sons name. " Could it be murder suicide and A cleaned up so his son would not be labeled as the killer / suicide?

Was Buster thoroughly investigated? Could they of been in Cahoots?!?

I feel like there as so many things that could of happened! If it was someone who saw the snapchat they would of thought A was at the kennels too... he could of been the target.
Who indeed could have killed them if not AM...With AM vast network of LE friends, high places and low, who would have had the audacity to do that and not incur the wrath of the Murdaugh family and every LE in the 5 county area. The perps would have been hunted down like they hunt the hogs. No stone would have been left uncovered because AM would have demanded it. Did he demand it? Did he scream for justice at every opportunity?

It could have been murder/suicide... Who can shoot themselves in the body with a shotgun and still be able to shoot themselves a second time in the head. How long were Paul's arms? How long was the shotgun missing from Moselle and presumed to be weapon used? How could he have held the gun and pulled the trigger the first time? How could he have held the gun and pulled the trigger the second time with his shoulder blown apart? Did he hold the gun with his other hand for the second shot and manage to shoot himself on the opposite side of his head?

Clearing his son's name...If his main motivation after the murders was to clear Paul’s name the issue was moot. Paul was dead and there’s no way he could prove anyone else was driving the boat and that would be the only way to clear his name. AM had 27 months to clear his son’s name yet he procrastinated and obstructed which gave every signal there was guilt a plenty. If AM wanted to clear anyone’s name it was his. He didn’t want to be sued for his role in the tragedy. If Paul was not driving the boat, why would a vigilante be seeking justice for MB. Why would someone be so angry at Paul for that wreck..so angry they would murder him along with his mother, if he wasn’t the driver? Why wait 27 months to exact revenge? It’s not as if Paul was in hiding for 27 months…he was out and about living his life and everybody knew it. Plenty of opportunities to take him out if that was truly someone’s objective. AM’s assertion it was someone who hated Paul over the boat wreck is a cloaked admission that AM knew Paul was driving.

IDK if Buster was investigated or not. We're not privy to knowing everyone that was investigated. We'll probably never know everyone. I personally don't think AM involved BM in his maniacal plans...he needed BM on his side.

IRRC, the kennel video wasn't discovered until after Paul was dead and was never sent.

moo

I mean, one could say SLED had tunnel vision and didn't exert much energy into looking into other theories. For me, the amount of money that's been changing hands with AM, Curtis Eddie Smith, the amount spent on pills, etc...just doesn't add up to me. I've said since the beginning and I still feel there is much more to what happened. I'm wrong all the time but it just don't add up to me.

Mr. Harpo is an excellent trial lawyer as is the other defense attorney. As good as it gets.

With all the half-truths, lies from the past, stealing, drugs, it still doesn't prove that AM killed his family.

What motive? Having Paul dead would not affect the boat lawsuit at all.

Mags was going to divorce him? So what? Nothing from nothing is nothing.

They hid his pills? So what? He can get more.

SLED was shady AF with the shirt lie and the raincoat.

I would have to vote NG.

A motive would be nice, but one is not necessary for a guilty verdict. All the outlying activities have NOTHING to do with the few minutes, the very few minutes, surrounding PM’s and MM’s death. ONE person, and only one person, was with them at the kennels. AM.

There were three people, shots are fired, ALL cell phone use from PM and MM comes to a halt, and ONE person is left standing. AM.

It defies all logical and rational explanations to try to insert any other person as shooter into this scenario. Regardless of what else was happening in their lives.

Three people at the kennels, and within a VERY short time frame, there was only one alive.

The timeline is impossibly short. AM has testified that he did not see or hear others at Moselle. The dogs did not alert. He left after the time of the murders. All documented.

Oh I agree that there’s much more to this than we know, but as far as the murders go there is no plausible way anyone besides Alex could have committed them. That’s irrespective of any mistakes SLED made and irrespective of what else Alex was involved in.

If it’s not proven, describe a plausible theory of who, besides Alex, could have murdered Paul and Maggie. The State doesn’t have to prove the motive if they’ve proved conclusively that he committed the murders. There are some questions that will remain unanswered, but that does not equate to reasonable doubt about the murderer.

And for those who don’t think a husband and father can do such a thing, go read some more true crime stories. Mothers, fathers, boyfriends, girlfriends, brothers, sisters, grandparents, aunts, uncles—so many cases of familial homicide.

I‘m waiting waiting waiting to hear a rational, logical, plausible, probable theory of how someone besides AM is responsible for the murders of PM and MM. Not just a “possible” alternative.

Like others, I think it is poetic justice that PM took a video that irrefutably proves AM is at the kennel with PM and MM a very short time before they are killed.

I think the jury will sift through the chaff and see the kernel of truth that is this case: AM was with PM and MM when they were murdered.

As the youngest brother that did not pursue the law as a career (self-named 'black sheep'), I think JMM was a good soldier that did whatever daddy RM3 directed him to do including cleaning up after AM. But I do give JMM credit for making a life for himself and his young family outside of the county where RM3, 4, and AM lived and worked, and believe his angst over the loss of PM is genuine.

IMO, RM3 knew what AM was including the pill-popping. Although he was making millions, AM was still borrowing hundreds of thousands of dollars from daddy? Can't you just hear AM ... "Please daddy, you know I'm good for it." All the while repaying daddy with stolen funds!

IMO, the engrained family motto was to either get your law degree and Godfather makes you a captain, otherwise, you will forever be a soldier, and that's the way it is because it's worked like this for decades and was expected to continue like this from generation to generation.
MOO This Murdaugh family is rotten from inside out. After hearing comments Maggie made to a grieving mother I have no sorrow for her. Paul was just trouble. Buster is just strange. No words for Alex. Those 2 bobble head brothers and that sister are all enablers. If there is such a thing as Karma it will be amazing to see what happens to them and their children. This was all created generations ago. These people are loaded with money and Johnny is out cleaning up guts in the feed room. All for the poor me show. I had a friend commit suicide and the coroner gave me several names of companies who clean up bio material. It has to be done in a special way unless you want brain spatter on the ceiling forever. In my case it was a contact wound like <derogatory nickname> keeps ragging the coroner about. A mess in every direction. Anyone who is attached to these people are going to pay a price. I wouldn't be able to close my eyes at night with any one of them in the same house. I feel for the locals down there. Just one big nightmare family. No hesitation to try to pin their dirt on anyone around them. Alex won't be around anymore but the rest of them will go right on living exactly how they were taught. Better than everyone, looking down on the little people, getting rid of anyone in the way (MOO).

Last edited by a moderator:
There hasn't even been a definitive time of death. They speculate based on lack of cell phone activity which in all likelihood, is correct but that is simply their theory.

This cell phone data is a zillion times more precise and accurate than any time of death calculated by body temperature. Even if they used a thermometer, they couldn't tell you within less than an hour what the time of death was. This phone data tells us within less than a minute when they died.

just gonna go ahead and say it....

I think he is an awful man and liar.. BUT considering all the things the family has been accused of I don't really know if I could say 100% that there is no one else who could of killed them.

also - weird twist.. A's " biggest concern was clearing his sons name. " Could it be murder suicide and A cleaned up so his son would not be labeled as the killer / suicide?

Was Buster thoroughly investigated? Could they of been in Cahoots?!?

I feel like there as so many things that could of happened! If it was someone who saw the snapchat they would of thought A was at the kennels too... he could of been the target.
Not a murder suicide, Paul was shot twice. How does that happen with a suicide
Buster was three hours away in another city
Lots of good articles that will catch you up on the specifics of the case:)

but do you think the Pros has proved their case so far?
Neither Reisch on CrimeTalk ( earlier today ) nor Tragos on LawyerYouKnow ( as of Day end Day 25th) think they have
I think they have.
The digital evidence is what is sticking in my mind the most.
The kennel video with AM's voice in the background and the lies he told about it is nail number one.
The OnStar data is nail number two and the cellphone data is nail number three.
Combine that with the perfect storm of events happening in AM's life and it only leads me to believe that AM had the means and oppurtunity to do this.
Defense has not shown me anything that made me think that someone else could have done this.
MOO

A motive would be nice, but one is not necessary for a guilty verdict. All the outlying activities have NOTHING to do with the few minutes, the very few minutes, surrounding PM’s and MM’s death. ONE person, and only one person, was with them at the kennels. AM.

There were three people, shots are fired, ALL cell phone use from PM and MM comes to a halt, and ONE person is left standing. AM.

It defies all logical and rational explanations to try to insert any other person as shooter into this scenario. Regardless of what else was happening in their lives.

Three people at the kennels, and within a VERY short time frame, there was only one alive.

And for those who don’t think a husband and father can do such a thing, go read some more true crime stories. Mothers, fathers, boyfriends, girlfriends, brothers, sisters, grandparents, aunts, uncles—so many cases of familial homicide.

I‘m waiting waiting waiting to hear a rational, logical, plausible, probable theory of how someone besides AM is responsible for the murders of PM and MM. Not just a “possible” alternative.

Like others, I think it is poetic justice that PM took a video that irrefutably proves AM is at the kennel with PM and MM a very short time before they are killed.

I think the jury will sift through the chaff and see the kernel of truth that is this case: AM was with PM and MM when they were murdered.
2 words Chris Watts. He killed 2 innocent babies who never hurt anyone plus his wife. PM was a pita.

What does DBM mean or stand for? Just curious and can't figure it out.
Deleted by me

We have about an hour to hit the edit button on our own posts if you want to correct something you put EBM ( edited by me ) or ETA ( edited to add )

DBM is when you erase the whole mess and don’t want to leave a blank box.

I was thinking about how many iPhone jurors will be flipping their expensive as heck phones around in the jury room, after hearing that witness's testimony! The baliff might come barging in thinking there's a rumble goin on!

But hasn't there been a history of mistrials and/or new trials granted based on this very example of jurors doing experiments (i.e., reenactment and conclusions) such as this during deliberations? I think Judge Newman might remind them of this in their juror instructions. o_O

What comes to mind is the Commonwealth of VA vs Megan Hargan case where the verdict was set aside and a new trial granted to the defendant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam