GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also respect if they want to continue grieving in private, knowing that nothing they could say in front of the world could affect AM.

How could it -- they loved AM and welcomed him in their home as a son, a brother, following the murders where he spent more time with them after gunning them down than he ever did when it was important to his wife.

Prayers for their healing and continued strength. x

MOO
So well said Seattle.
I am thinking of Maggie's parents, sister and loved ones as well.

I want to thank Edvis for the ample supply of gin and tonic, which is my celebration drink.

We WSers were right (with a few exceptions). Restores my faith in people.

Now, I'm believing that SC youtuber's poll that said 90% of the state thought AM was guilty. So proud of the actual prosecutor's office (and his press conference).

I thought for sure, though, that one person would hold out - at least temporarily. I am trying to temper my PollyAnna instincts.

But no, the jury deliberated...what...2 hours (accounting for filing into the room, getting water, getting started, handing around paper ballots). Surely it must have been unanimous from the first.

I do think that you all represented the core of American justice principles - unlike commenters on other venues. We rock.

Thanks, Trish, for setting up the structure of WS as it is. Lots of divergent opinions, room for hope and hopelessness. I had to get myself prepared for (yet another) spousal murder that was allowed to be legal.

But not this case.

IMO.
Thank you for holding on and keeping the faith with us all.

I keep thinking about Paul's video.... If not for that video....
I do wonder if we will find out any more about exactly how this all happened.... what a messed up family, the decades of intimidation and corruption.
We will - someone will blog; someone will write a book.

There's a ton more available that shows what happened, and then, of course, I believe that social scientists have something to offer.

We will never know for sure.

But if AM went down to the kennels with one gun on the golf cart and Paul had another gun with him, it gets easier to explain. Maggie felt she was safe as long as Paul was there - with his gun (IMO). Alec thought he could kill Paul with one shot. That didn't work, because Paul was a young vigorous man. So Alec expended two blasts on Paul and snatched up the other available gun - it's also possible he brought two guns, but I'm not so sure. Maybe.

This will all be speculation. We will never know for sure, but someone will surely put many details together in a convincing manner, now that the many witnesses are not afraid. People can finally talk freely - and they will.

IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member