GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank Gawd.
I was wrong - as I am on most things legal - that there'd be a mistrial.
Thank you all for arguing against me!
But, on one thing I know I am correct - Love is a better course than hate.
May God embrace Margaret and Paul in eternal life.

I also respect if they want to continue grieving in private, knowing that nothing they could say in front of the world could affect AM.

How could it -- they loved AM and welcomed him in their home as a son, a brother, following the murders where he spent more time with them after gunning them down than he ever did when it was important to his wife.

Prayers for their healing and continued strength. x

MOO

I don’t think either of MM’s parents are in good health so I doubt they will attend tomorrow. That wouldn’t keep them from sending a written statement though.

I’ve lurked here throughout, and rode the train vicariously through you all while working lol. I’m so relieved at this verdict. I hoped for a quick guilty, but was afraid to hope for it.

As someone born, bred, and still living in the Deep South, we all know families like this. The ones deemed untouchable, all the common folk hear the whispers and the dark secrets, yet they seem to skate through life and that was ultimately AM’s downfall. The regular people, like the ones who serve on juries, rely on common sense and I had faith they’d see through the fog and know the truth. People like AM are conditioned to think they’re above it all and can manipulate like puppet masters.

Thank you all for the amazing insight and discussions, and I know I’ll see you all on future trials we are all patiently waiting for!

I’ve always found it a bit odd when Prosecutors speak post-verdict and mention how “blood, sweat, and tears” went into building their murder case.

It’s minor but I’ve also thought the hugging and congrats like talk to one another after a verdict is also strange. No matter what, there’s no “winners” here. Two people lost their lives, one person was found legally responsible for their deaths, and countless friends, family, colleagues and anyone else who knows or knew of the Murdaugh family has their live forever changed in some way after all of this. And, of course, one man loses his freedom as a result of being found legally responsible for these heinous crimes. There are never any “winners” in homicide cases, there are “losers” all around. Always so tragic, and always so sad. JMOO.
I respectfully disagree that the post-verdict pressers have anything to do with congrats.

Generally, they've been silenced for years. In this case, not so much only because AM's defense opted for a speedy trial.

But don't ever let it be said that prosecutors do not work for the victims that cannot speak for themselves. Only the prosecution team spoke for the victims -- not the son, nobody. MOO

I’ve always found it a bit odd when Prosecutors speak post-verdict and mention how “blood, sweat, and tears” went into building their murder case.

It’s minor but I’ve also thought the hugging and congrats like talk to one another after a verdict is also strange. No matter what, there’s no “winners” here. Two people lost their lives, one person was found legally responsible for their deaths, and countless friends, family, colleagues and anyone else who knows or knew of the Murdaugh family has their live forever changed in some way after all of this. And, of course, one man loses his freedom as a result of being found legally responsible for these heinous crimes. There are never any “winners” in homicide cases, there are “losers” all around. Always so tragic, and always so sad. JMOO.
I think it's just the build up and final release they can just celebrate that their hard work did put an evil man where he belongs. I understand what you are saying it does feel a bit strange. I also think as he said they were working late and up early around the clock living in a hotel for 2 months trying this case and then the year plus before this that they investigated and especially in this one, the connections of that family and I'm sure it was just difficult what they were up against, but he did it. It's like a coach celebrating his team after a big win. Nothing will bring back Paul and Maggie, but this "win" ensures that Alex can't hurt anyone else ever again.

I didn't see all of the press conference, but I hoped that they thanked Bubba. If not for that sweet beautiful dog and his love of chasing chickens, no one would have known that Alex was at the kennels that night. I hope Bubba has a loving forever home with his new family.

I keep thinking about Paul's video.... If not for that video....
I do wonder if we will find out any more about exactly how this all happened.... what a messed up family, the decades of intimidation and corruption.
If it weren't for that video, AM would still be saying he wasn't there. And he might have just gotten away with it.

This morning, during discussion of the juror with the eggs, I got the impression that the defence wanted to keep the juror. Does anyone recall offhand? If true, that would suggest that the juror who was dismissed was in favour of the defence. Perhaps she could have changed history by causing a hung jury ... had she not been dismissed for breach of jury rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23