GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the refrain, "I am here to answer any of your questions, Mr. Waters." Then, he proceeds to talk around and toss a word salad without answering the question. Everytime he said that in cross, I wanted to scream, "Just answer the question, then."
i think his wandering off and continuing to speak sounded like a guilty guy......if he just kept it to yes/no or brief answer it would have been better. I enjoyed it when Waters would lean up on the podium as if to say..yes tell me more....act interested but really letting him confirm his guilt.

I do. Won't be well liked. To many mistakes by LE. Didn't secure crime scene, should have turned over to outside agency, so much circumstational evidence. Didn't look for other suspects, even with PM being threatened. Did thry investigate any rhreats?

I've believed from day one this was revenge. The way PM was killed. I think MM was in the wrong place. Not sure who, he wronged so many. Some hated this man.

I've known grown men to lay in freezing rain, on the ground, silent for hours. Waiting to shoot deer. Two friends laid in wait to record a mother's lover staying over. They recorded until he left the next am 12 hrs.

It would be very easy to park a several miles away. Hike in and lay in wait. I do believe there were two shooters. The persons knew the family well, knew what guns to use.

Now if LE had secured the crime scene, called in our agency to investigate, etc, then I would feel comfortable in the verdict.
Moo....

Why do you think he told Miss Shelly to lie about the time he spent with his mom and why did he try to convince Blanca he was wearing a different shirt?

I’m late to the party again, but I just watched the sentencing and noticed that Buster and John Marvin didn’t seem to be too torn up about the sentence. Didn’t see Randy.

He might regret it, I agree. But, I think he is choosing his father and family ties. He has been reviled for gambling money in Vegas, investigated for spending money with his dad when they were not supposed to do so, kicked out of law school for plagiarism and the media found that he and dad paid someone to help him get back in, AND he testified for his father that he knew tangentially of his addiction to support the narrative his dad and uncle were putting forth. I don't see him wanting to leave the bosom of his father's family any time soon. JMHO.

And illegally letting Paul use his identification. These aren’t admirable qualities.

Did you watch the CW interview on Court TV? CW said he let him talk and talk because he knew he would show who he is. Said he purposely would pause in the questioning because AM would start talking without him even asking a question, lol.

It seemed purposeful from the start. Unlike most cross where you want the "yes and no" type answers, it was clear that AM thought the jury would love his stories and information on all things that did not matter. Waters was just letting himself dig in deeper. Loved it but made me nuts as well.

I have no doubt AM had drug-supplying connections, as well as a mental portfolio of how to get away with evil, gleaned from his lawyering career. We all need a strong sense of right and wrong not to be tempted into bad behavior. If that's absent, in a field where "winning is the only thing," it's very easy to be seduced by money, power and opportunity. And if you've always had money, power and opportunity, you can't imagine living without it.

Just have to say…I have thought about Judge Newman who started this trial just shortly after the death of his own son. A trial for a man who shot his son and his wife. How hard it must have been for Judge Newman.

I was reminded of this again as he was sentencing Alex earlier today and what he said to Alex. His words had such deep meaning.

I have so much respect for this judge.

Did you watch the CW interview on Court TV? CW said he let him talk and talk because he knew he would show who he is. Said he purposely would pause in the questioning because AM would start talking without him even asking a question, lol.

Yep, and llI saw people complaining that he was letting talk. It's a common tactic to let them trip themselves up.

I have no doubt AM had drug-supplying connections, as well as a mental portfolio of how to get away with evil, gleaned from his lawyering career. We all need a strong sense of right and wrong not to be tempted into bad behavior. If that's absent, in a field where "winning is the only thing," it's very easy to be seduced by money, power and opportunity. And if you've always had money, power and opportunity, you can't imagine living without it.
excellent post, would be a great closing, perfectly describes Alex moo

One of my favorite AM word salads: "You've got a lot of factors in there, Mr. Waters, all of which I do not agree with, but some of which I do," Murdaugh said.

Lol yes.

So emblematic of his utter inability to form a complete sentence without contradicting himself or spinning off into pure make-believe.

IMO

A just verdict and equally just sentence. Tried to post yesterday but it never went through! Loved that Judge, he was the best I've ever seen.

I do still think that JMM may have aided in hiding the guns, but that is JMO. Perhaps that is what the new comments from law enforcement are about?

I really really wish someone would write a book delving into their upbringing so we can perhaps better understand how this monster was born and flourished for so long.

What? Do I detect a bit of a sly smirk?

He must have stopped at the jail barbershop on the way to the processing office.

Maybe the wet look we have noticed the last few days was something for lice. I'm sure P00t had him grow his hair out for the trial so he wouldn't look like a convict.

I agree, it’s a smirk to me and nothing like his face in court this morning.

Maybe this is wishful thinking, but for some reason I feel like Alex would confess to Judge Newman if they ever got to talk one on one. There was just something about how Alex looked at Judge Newman when he was standing in front of him.

Hate to see it:

WALTERBORO, S.C. — Alex Murdaugh, who was once like royalty in South Carolina's prosecutorial law, will spend nearly two months with "some of the most violent and dangerous offenders in the state," according to the state Department of Corrections.

For the next 45 days, Murdaugh will be housed in the city of Columbia's Kirkland Reception and Evaluation Center, which is a maximum-security, level-three facility that houses male offenders.

"As part of the intake process, like all inmates, (Murdaugh) will undergo medical tests, mental health and education assessments, and the South Carolina Department of Corrections will gather other additional background information," the SCDC said in a statement.

After the evaluation, Murdaugh will be sent to one of the state's maximum-security prisons to serve out his double life sentence, the SCDC said.

Crime Scene: Alex had called several people who showed up there and were wandering all over, even though some of them were attorneys and knew better. Why didn't they, as attorneys, versed in the law, step away? Tell each other to stay away?

Revenge for what? All those alleged "threats" to PM, not ONE , none, were brought up to LE. None, zero, nada. What threats? If they were threats, why weren't they brought to LE? Whom the Murdaughs had a close relationship with.

Why didn't the dogs alert? Alex admitted there was no one there that would make the dogs bark.

Why was AM on the Snapchat when three people were there moments before the shots were fired and only one survived?

Which persons knew the family well, and knew which guns? Knew where they were? At an unplanned meeting? Why did Alex hightail it to his mothers and why did he pressure the caregiver to lie about the time frame?

Who was the second shooter and why? Who was the first?

The jury looked at the evidence, heard AM testify, in his own words, that he was the only person there who survived.

If we wanted to talk about reasons for "believing" AM is innocent, we can start with the dogs. I have had dogs, give them chicken or whatever, they are going to eat the food rather than bark about strangers, unless they have had rigorous training. And, what if the shooter/s were not "strangers", but known to the dogs?

That being said, I believe AM is a killer, and right where he belongs.
well...everything that AM said from the moment of the 911 call to his first interview, to his second interview, to his third interview, to his testimony... was a lie. the...end :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay