GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed and I looked at a man in the end that had been stripped of all his armor and defeated. I was embedded in this trial and what I considered a battle with the same enemy day after day. Both sides came out launching what they had at each other and I took note of how AM stood firm and upright, smug in his defense as we threw small arms at the defenses side first. The defense threw some good counter attack bombs at us but the key was that we hadn't unleashed the weapon that would start to crumble their fortress. So we took the hit's then went to work on hitting the weak locations of the defenses battle line and sure enough they started popping smoke to hide from are direct hits. With the battle raging we slid into place the weapon that would put a good hole in the wall for us to breach, the kennel video and thanks to PM for his last act of unknown bravery it blew the wall and case wide open. After that the defense scrambled as hit after hit slowly destroyed their camp. AM at this point was losing the will to fight despite his plea's up on the stand and I took note of how the armor of lies and finger pointing slowly fell away, exposing the evil inside. The end of this battle was in sight and at that point we left it in the hands of the jurors in hopes that all the evidence we used was enough to overtake the defenses camp and claim victory. I really took note of how this drawn out battle was wearing AM down each day as he showed up on the battle line but with shoulders down and the fight leaving his eyes each day along with pieces of his armor missing or dented. The end came as AM stood for the last time to face his fate and before me stood a shell of a man, totally defeated and stripped of all the armor that he had hid behind for so long. It's not about winning one battle it's about staying engaged in that same battle and keeping steady fire on the enemy the entire time to win the war on evil and those who use it for their own selfish needs.
1678132611474.png

I watched the three jurors on the Today Show and was very impressed. They were all very thoughtful and not sensational at all in how they talked about it. They obviously took their jury responsibility seriously.
All that talk during the trial about them not paying attention, and sleeping was very wrong.

JMO... I would think most of MM assets were in a trust, protected.

My mother's Will, listed her attorney as executor and a Trust account listed her cousin, upon her death.

The trust was not listed in the probate, nor any assets, including all property, life insurance policies, stocks, bonds and investments and the majority of her cash assets. The trust paid all funeral expense and provides fund distributions for taxes, repairs, insurance for the property, on going.

It was very easy, low cost and quickly closed her estate. On paper she appeared to own almost nothing.

I'm betting the "M's would take full advantage of a trust, to protect and hide assets.
All my opinion

While I agree this is a valuable practice for high net worth individuals, we also know any trust by MM would have been revealed during the lawsuit against her estate where the court would have to determine if there were any fraudulent transfers to the trust-- just as the court determined the 2016 transfer of Moselle to MM was a fraudulent transfer but court action was barred by the statute of limitations.

MM's probate docs are posted in the Media Only thread.

Thank you for inquiring arielilane, heart felt and doing good despite having being stapled up the spine, think the doc put a zipper back there as well lol. The doc went in and repaired vertibrae and nerve damage. taking it a day at a time and focusing on the cases to keep the pain at bay. and just chugging along toot toot.
Sounds so painful. I hope it works out well for you and you recover quickly:)

While I agree this is a valuable practice for high net worth individuals, we also know any trust by MM would have been revealed during the lawsuit against her estate where the court would have to determine if there were any fraudulent transfers to the trust-- just as the court determined the 2016 transfer of Moselle to MM was a fraudulent transfer but court action was barred by the statute of limitations.

MM's probate docs are posted in the Media Only thread.
I missed the ruling, Moselle property was an illegal transfer. Do you remember on what grounds? I know it was several years before the boat accident.

Who is suing MMs estate? I thought the sale of Moselle was to settle the victims of the boating accident.

In Virginia we can transfer property for as little as 1.00.
Moo...

JMO... I would think most of MM assets were in a trust, protected.

My mother's Will, listed her attorney as executor and a Trust account listed her cousin, upon her death.

The trust was not listed in the probate, nor any assets, including all property, life insurance policies, stocks, bonds and investments and the majority of her cash assets. The trust paid all funeral expense and provides fund distributions for taxes, repairs, insurance for the property, on going.

It was very easy, low cost and quickly closed her estate. On paper she appeared to own almost nothing.

I'm betting the "M's would take full advantage of a trust, to protect and hide assets.
All my opinion

What puzzles me, is... Maggie had her sister (Marian Proctor) listed as her Personal Representative (in her Will), yet MP's name was scratched out and one of the Murdaugh's names was handwritten in. I have never heard of anything like that.... that cannot be legal. Quote: " Alex’s younger brother, John Marvin Murdaugh, became the personal representative of Maggie Murdaugh’s estate in December on the same day it appears Maggie’s sister learned that Maggie’s will had designated her as the PR. Marian Proctor's name was scratched off and replaced by the handwritten name of Alex’s father, Randolph Murdaugh III.".

I watched the Today Show segment and I LOVE that one of the jurors said, they thought it was just as CW said.. the perfect storm. No matter how much the defense tried to pull one thing out and say motive couldn't be this, it didn't matter because it was all of it. The perfect storm.

SO many of us here said the same thing. We could see it clearly as all these pieces in his life coming together at just this time to where he had no way out (in his mind of course and that is a scary place to be). Many here would also harp on each single thing and try to say that isn't motive or they didn't buy it and the state didn't prove it.

None of us can understand exactly why because we aren't off our rockers like Alex Murdaugh is. I am glad the jury saw him for what he was and pieced this puzzle together to see the bigger picture and didn't get hung up on one or two missing pieces. The picture was still clear.

I watched the Today Show segment and I LOVE that one of the jurors said, they thought it was just as CW said.. the perfect storm. No matter how much the defense tried to pull one thing out and say motive couldn't be this, it didn't matter because it was all of it. The perfect storm.

SO many of us here said the same thing. We could see it clearly as all these pieces in his life coming together at just this time to where he had no way out (in his mind of course and that is a scary place to be). Many here would also harp on each single thing and try to say that isn't motive or they didn't buy it and the state didn't prove it.

None of us can understand exactly why because we aren't off our rockers like Alex Murdaugh is. I am glad the jury saw him for what he was and pieced this puzzle together to see the bigger picture and didn't get hung up on one or two missing pieces. The picture was still clear.
Agreed and as I touched on several times throughout the trial one must embrace the madness to do our best to get even just a peek into AM's mind and for me AM was showing overwhelming signs despite some saying they couldn't piece the financial and murders together. When embracing the madness the pieces that many try to put together won't fit, they are too jagged to do so but it's the jagged edges of each that give at least for me the signs I needed to see his guilt.

DM not holding back

There are possibly a lot of people now losing sleep and quaking in their boots as to what else, other than this, that will come out in the future.
I bet there are some wives wondering about guy trips that AM was on with their husbands. JMO

I missed the ruling, Moselle property was an illegal transfer. Do you remember on what grounds? I know it was several years before the boat accident.

Who is suing MMs estate? I thought the sale of Moselle was to settle the victims of the boating accident.

In Virginia we can transfer property for as little as 1.00.
Moo...
Here is an article, not sure if it's the most recent though concerning illegal transfer.

Arguments the Moselle property sale was fraudulent come from attorneys John T. Lay and Peter McCoy. Judge Daniel Hall gave Lay and McCoy broad authority to oversee and control Murdaugh's money as part of a November 2021 injunction essentially freezing Murdaugh's assets by placing it in a receivership.

At the time, Alex Murdaugh and his family members were accused of rapidly selling off or liquidating assets. This was believed to be an attempt by Alex and his son, Buster, to hide their true net worth and shield their property and holdings from winding up as settlement fodder in pending (or impending) court cases.

That remains a distinct and likely possibility amid Alex's snowballing legal troubles in both the criminal and civil court arenas. In addition to several pending lawsuits, a state grand jury also has indicted Murdaugh on 79 criminal charges of fraud, money laundering and conspiracy tied to the theft of at least $8.4 million from clients and associates dating back to 2011.

Lay and McCoy say some of the same crimes Alex is now accused made his selling the Moselle property to his wife an illegal act from the get-go.

The scandals and deaths surrounding the powerful, old-money Murdaugh family in South Carolina’s Lowcountry have attracted a surge in notoriety as of late. If you’ve tuned into any piece of the family’s story—from Alex Murdaugh's ongoing murder trial to Netflix’s new docuseries Murdaugh Murders: A Southern Scandal—you likely want to know more about where the murders took place and the state of the home now. Ahead, take a look at everything we know about the family’s infamous property.

RL is currently on bail release -- he's been out all the while.

Just a reminder this conviction was in federal court and the probation department will investigate his past, conduct interviews, and prepare a report for the judge for his/her consideration when imposing a sentence. RL can also protest what's included in this report (more delay for sentencing).

I expect RL will motion to remain out on bail while the appeal of his verdict is decided. (The appeal just decided was over juror issues at the 11th hour when his defense argued the court should have declared a hung jury instead of dismissing the juror and calling in an alternate after 11 hours of deliberations). Personally, I thought RL had a good chance of getting a new trial here.

I'm going to compare AM's State indictments with the charges RL is facing in SC court. IMO, he'd be best served to settle any State charges because the climate is not good for him following AM's conviction.

What puzzles me, is... Maggie had her sister (Marian Proctor) listed as her Personal Representative (in her Will), yet MP's name was scratched out and one of the Murdaugh's names was handwritten in. I have never heard of anything like that.... that cannot be legal. Quote: " Alex’s younger brother, John Marvin Murdaugh, became the personal representative of Maggie Murdaugh’s estate in December on the same day it appears Maggie’s sister learned that Maggie’s will had designated her as the PR. Marian Proctor's name was scratched off and replaced by the handwritten name of Alex’s father, Randolph Murdaugh III.".
I did find the probate doc. in the media thread.

Still looking for the will. I do know a person can hand correct a will with witnesses. There maybe a written notation at the end of the will.

From the media thread
Probate court petition for sale of Moselle includes contract, dated 8 June 2022 and signed by JMM:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member