GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no doubt he has no shame, but I don’t think that’s why he stayed with them. He stayed with them to keep an eye on them, be in control. IMO.
And no doubt to further the idea about a vigilante, or two, committing the murders. AM didn’t want to give them a chance to question if he himself was responsible.

Conversations between a client and attorney are covered under client privilege but confirming an appointment is not deemed privileged communication. For example, at the recent preliminary hearing of Larry Millete, his missing wife (Maya) consulted a divorce attorney for an appointment and this was testified to at his hearing.

Also, recalling a sound bite of DH responding to media that they checked with all the divorce lawyers in two counties and no truth to a rumor that he blamed on the State.
I wonder if DH and his minions actually went to each attorney's office with a picture of MM and asked. If they just called around and asked if MM had made an appointment, the answer may have been no because she used an alias when she made an appointment and/or consultation. Knowing her husband and his connections, she might not have wanted word to get back to him so she used another name. That is IF she was thinking about a divorce. jmo

AM never mentioned grabbing PM by the belt loop until he was on the stand.

Apparently the Defense really wanted to clear up how the phone had “popped out of his pocket “ and which side of PM he was on.
And AM reason for picking up the phone.

We never saw the victim's clothes in evidence and after AM testified about the belt loop, I wondered if PM even had a belt loop on his clothing on Monday night.

I recall seeing part of PM's bare leg in the kennel video with Cash which led me to believe PM was wearing short pants when he was killed.

I wonder if DH and his minions actually went to each attorney's office with a picture of MM and asked. If they just called around and asked if MM had made an appointment, the answer may have been no because she used an alias when she made an appointment and/or consultation. Knowing her husband and his connections, she might not have wanted word to get back to him so she used another name. That is IF she was thinking about a divorce. jmo
Also, "going around to two counties" might be just Hampton and Colleton counties. There are plenty others within reasonable driving distance and if I were MM considering divorce against a powerful Murdaugh, I'd definitely be seeking an attorney at greater distance than those two counties. Otherwise, I'd fear that AM would learn about the plans for divorce before I'd even unlocked my car in the attorney's parking lot for the drive home.

I watched Mark Tinsley's testimony again after watching the Dateline and 20/20 specials. I think he really was key. He knew what pressure he was placing on Alex to hand over finacials. I can't recall if it was his testimony or his comments in one of the specials I watched, but there was a confrontation at some lawyer gathering where Alex walked up and basically asked him why he wasn't just going through the insurance. So Alex thought like in the past it would be the insurance that would payout and he wouldn't have to hand over any money or disclose his $$ situation. Mark knew Alex personally so he knew he wasn't broke. He knew that insurance money was not enough, it wasn't going to hurt Alex and hold him accountable for what happened so he pushed harder. I really think that pushing is what lead Alex to do what he did. I am not saying it's Mark's fault, I'm saying that without that pressure, Alex had time to continue stealing and covering it up. So Mark really was key in being able to tell LE EXACLY why Alex would have killed them. Many said because there was no life insurance, then there is no financial motive. WRONG and Mark Tinsley knew that!
I liked him. Not afraid to stand up to the Murdaugh machine. He may be lucky that AM didn’t “invite him over to Moselle.”
“Then it’s official that they’re dead?” What, like he needed reassurance? I think Paul was obvious, but did he need confirmation about Maggie just in case?

That “I/they did him so bad” statement doesn’t lead me anywhere. It’s unclear, could be either. JMO.
I thought it was performative. AM’s thought or impression of what a shocked grieving person would say. He knew they were dead.

RG deserves major props for being willing to go against AM and his story this whole time. AM I'm sure was a very convincing person in his personal life but I'm glad that RG has maintained his stance that he heard AM with PM since day one. It must have been difficult for MM's family to having AM telling all these stories and then RG saying that wasn't accurate. AM had been with MM for decades, what a shock that must be to be mourning the loss of MM and PM and then coming to the realization at some point that AM was the one who did this.

A few pages back people were discussing actors if this was a movie. The whole time I've felt that AM had a Nick Nolte vibe going on and then when JMM got on the stand he reminded me so much of Edward Norton in Primal Fear. That movie is also sort of eerie because JMM sounds just like him and as the movie unfolds you realize that Edward Norton's character is the bad guy and is responsible for so many bad things and thats exactly how I felt watching this trial. As more came out I realized AM was worse than I expected and JMM was responsible for a lot of the behind the scenes fixing and arranging things to help their family
I wonder, if down the track, we'll be hearing about JMM's activities: possibly bad actions, aiding AM and others.

REPORTS said he took a couple of trips down to the Bahamas...need I saw more. This scum has money hidden all over.
Those guns could have been thrown overboard over anywhere down in the low country a boat can take you (marsh, inlet, creek, channel, swamp, etc.) and that's saying a lot. He wouldn't have to make a trip to the Bahamas, although I believe his ever helpful brother JMM may have been being helpful again.

JMO

I watched Mark Tinsley's testimony again after watching the Dateline and 20/20 specials. I think he really was key. He knew what pressure he was placing on Alex to hand over finacials. I can't recall if it was his testimony or his comments in one of the specials I watched, but there was a confrontation at some lawyer gathering where Alex walked up and basically asked him why he wasn't just going through the insurance. So Alex thought like in the past it would be the insurance that would payout and he wouldn't have to hand over any money or disclose his $$ situation. Mark knew Alex personally so he knew he wasn't broke. He knew that insurance money was not enough, it wasn't going to hurt Alex and hold him accountable for what happened so he pushed harder. I really think that pushing is what lead Alex to do what he did. I am not saying it's Mark's fault, I'm saying that without that pressure, Alex had time to continue stealing and covering it up. So Mark really was key in being able to tell LE EXACLY why Alex would have killed them. Many said because there was no life insurance, then there is no financial motive. WRONG and Mark Tinsley knew that!
Well, the Judge did say Alex knew he had a tiger, Mark Tinsley, on his tail, during sentencing. Hah.

But he was cash poor and he had to be willing to sell the assets, admit his deceit and failures, something I don’t think he would ever do. The morning of the murders the law firm did ask him about missing funds, the murders stopped that inquiry. The murders effectively stopped the boat lawsuit. Tinsley testified that after losing his wife and son, there would be no way a jury would punish him further with a large settlement. Tinsley was asking for Mossell the beach house in addition to money because he was told Alex had no money. It was the $792K that he won in a settlement with his friend Chris Wilson that SG asked about, she said AM got sloppy. He told CW it was OK to pay the funds directly to Alex. After JS had asked him about the missing $$, he told Chris he would need to get the funds back to him and let Chris deposit them the correct way in the firms account. Alex only gave him 600,000 back and Chris Wilson put in his own 192K. This cleared that specific issue up. It was in believe late August, that JS testified a paralegal found a check on Alex‘s desk that he should not have had and that is when she reviewed Alex’s acct. and found the fake Forge account, Alex was fired/resigned. It seems the common denominators when somebody chooses murder is to retain they have, not have to share through divorce, and or save the reputation not have to reveal what they have been doing, trying to solve a problem. Alex had spent more than a decade robbing Peter to pay Paul, I don’t see him as someone who would find a conscious and stop doing that. Moo

Palmetto State Bank CEO Jan Malinowski testified that Murdaugh’s accounts were frequently overdrawn by hundreds of thousands of dollars in 2021 and a former executive, convicted in federal court in November, would loan himself and Murdaugh money from client trust funds.

He testified Murdaugh’s account balance was overdrawn by more than $347,000 in August 2021.
moo

What's clear to me is that between June and Aug 2021, with all of his resources, AM could not for love nor money cobble up $800K to save his life! His killing of MM and PM was reactionary due to his own deeds and mismanagement. Remember -- this was mid-year and AM does not get paid the bulk of his earnings until December. AM relied on fast-talking his entire life to cover up a life out of control. JMO

What's clear to me is that between June and Aug 2021, with all of his resources, AM could not for love nor money cobble up $800K to save his life! His killing of MM and PM was reactionary due to his own deeds and mismanagement. Remember -- this was mid-year and AM does not get paid the bulk of his earnings until December. AM relied on fast-talking his entire life to cover up a life out of control. JMO
I wonder if AM’s father died a few days before the killing if that would have changed anything. Most likely not, but he had to know he would be getting a large sum from his fathers will.

And the question remains in my mind...How could he have done this? I look back at so many cases and wonder the same thing. Just the thought of endless days in a cell. No birthday parties. Not seeing your loved ones, taking a swim in the ocean etc..the loss of liberty! Now, besides that..his wife, HIS SON! He had to know the chances were good he would be a suspect...the main suspect. Callous, depraved and evil? It boggles my mind.

I have several male neighbors, they visit often to do chores since my husband died. They ALL carry their IPhones in the shirt front pocket. It drives me crazy!!! They bend over and constantly drop them in the yard. I offer to hold, put in the porch, nope, back in the pocket it goes.
Moo....
How nice that you have such lovely, thoughtful, neighbors.

I wonder if AM’s father died a few days before the killing if that would have changed anything. Most likely not, but he had to know he would be getting a large sum from his fathers will.
IMO, AM could have been getting $$Millions in December 2021 per his bonus and nothing would have changed because the money was spent long before the check was ever written. I think he'd been living like this for 20 years and the boat crash legal discovery (financials) would reveal all to the world -- including his wife. JMO

We never saw the victim's clothes in evidence and after AM testified about the belt loop, I wondered if PM even had a belt loop on his clothing on Monday night.

I recall seeing part of PM's bare leg in the kennel video with Cash which led me to believe PM was wearing short pants when he was killed.

Probably cargo shorts. Deep from pockets normally square at the botton.

Jmo

Appeals are usually not handled by the trial lawyers. You want a fresh set of eyes to handle it and there is always the (remote) possibility that you can argue ineffective assistance of counsel. JMO.
Yes. I forgot. Ineffective Counsel is the last straw IMPOV. AM will stay in Prison, right where he belongs. MOO

I wonder, if down the track, we'll be hearing about JMM's activities: possibly bad actions, aiding AM and others.
I hope not. Aiding as to helping him with money in the past, for example, might be one thing but anyone who can spare his brother the pain of cleaning up a dead son's blood and brains just cant be a bad guy..I really want to believe there is some humanity and selflessness there on the part of JMM

Yes. Clearly AM couldn't live his motto "...dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope." any longer. He was out of one and possibly out of the other and was USCWAP. He needed money to get the dope and the dope to get the money. A cage with a wheel of his own making. He blew the doors off that cage when he killed Maggie and Paul. CW was right...hamster wheel. AM didn't see the wheel coming off and spinning wildly out of control; he only saw a bit of freedom, some breathing room. He rode the wheel right back into a cage. He may now see how out of control it was but it's far too late to jump off. What is done cannot be undone. jmo

Edit to add Freewheelin' Franklin (Gilbert Shelton) motto quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708