GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is against the law to be an eavesdropper or peeping tom on or about the premises of another person or to go to another person’s premises for the purpose of eavesdropping or becoming a peeping tom. Peeping tom, as used in this section, refers to both those who use the unaided eye and those who use audio and video equipment to invade other people’s privacy while they are inside their premises. S.C. Code Ann. § 16‐17‐ 470(A)

It is considered a crime of voyeurism, for sexual gratification purposes, to knowingly view, photograph, audio or video record, produce or create a digital electronic file, or film another person without the knowledge or consent of that person, while he or she is in a place where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy. S.C. Code Ann. § 16‐17‐ 470(B) For example, installing a camera in a restroom or pointing your security camera at your neighbor’s backyard is illegal because these are places where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy.

South Carolina Surveillance Laws​

Recording surveillance video in South Carolina is completely legal, however, S.C. Code Ann. § 16‐17‐ 470(E) prohibits you from capturing private areas or the private areas of anyone else. What this means is that you are allowed to put surveillance cameras in areas where there is no expectation of privacy.

I just watched the interview that James (22yo) did with Law and Crime and I was very impressed with how he articulated his perspective on the evidence. He was quite perceptive. It sounds like the shell casings made a difference - jury believed Murdaugh guns were used. I guess I was skeptical of this evidence bc they didn’t have the guns to be able to compare. And LawTube was saying that this casing to casing comparison was dubious.

But to anyone saying jurors base their decision on emotions and are easily convinced by prosecution tricks - this young man puts that assertion to the test. He seemed measured and thoughtful. So did the other 2 women who were with him on the Today show. I liked that all these jurors were not running at the mouth to get their 15 mins of fame! I’m usually cringing when jurors speak out but not this time.
Yes, not all Southerners are stupid rednecks as some people would assume unfortunately.

MOO

Yes, not all Southerners are stupid rednecks as some people would assume unfortunately.

MOO
That is absolutely true but AM himself didn't do much to dispel that notion. I can't decide how much was an act and how much was actual backwoods buffoonery. One thing I am definitely glad about is never having to hear that Mr. Haney voice anymore or him calling the son he murdered PawPaw.

Cracks in the surface of AM's facade...? :eek:

"The mother-of-four claimed that on four separate occasions, Murdaugh hired her and savagely beat and raped her."

Convicted Murderer Alex Murdaugh Accused Of Physically And Sexually Assaulting Prostitute
this stuff will start coming out...clearly this guy probably had affairs...we have heard nothing about them because they were all easy to get rid of due to connections and probably many of his good old boy mates were involved too..could involve anyone from judges to maintenance people. Paying off people nonstop was a way of life.

Last edited:
It is against the law to be an eavesdropper or peeping tom on or about the premises of another person or to go to another person’s premises for the purpose of eavesdropping or becoming a peeping tom. Peeping tom, as used in this section, refers to both those who use the unaided eye and those who use audio and video equipment to invade other people’s privacy while they are inside their premises. S.C. Code Ann. § 16‐17‐ 470(A)

It is considered a crime of voyeurism, for sexual gratification purposes, to knowingly view, photograph, audio or video record, produce or create a digital electronic file, or film another person without the knowledge or consent of that person, while he or she is in a place where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy. S.C. Code Ann. § 16‐17‐ 470(B) For example, installing a camera in a restroom or pointing your security camera at your neighbor’s backyard is illegal because these are places where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy.

South Carolina Surveillance Laws​

Recording surveillance video in South Carolina is completely legal, however, S.C. Code Ann. § 16‐17‐ 470(E) prohibits you from capturing private areas or the private areas of anyone else. What this means is that you are allowed to put surveillance cameras in areas where there is no expectation of privacy.

The Mail has been following him for sure as they had photos of him and his gf walking the dogs and saying about the expression on his face.

I have to say these plaintiff’s lawyers B!and and Tin$ley seem really suspect to me. They seem to be interested in fanning the flames with rumor and conjecture. It all seems self-promotional behavior to me. I’m not sure why they are so bent on inserting themselves into the murder case like this. It has nothing to do with their clients’ claims on the financial crimes. The jurors have conducted themselves with more restraint and professionalism than these two when it comes to their media/podcast appearances. JMO
I can't speak on Bland because I've not really read up on his comments.

As for Tinsley. I think he was a big piece of this puzzle for the state. He was the same type of lawyer as Alex. He knew him before this, he knew he had $$ and that the level of clients he did have also would mean he was always bringing in more money. When he was hired for the boat case, he had an idea already that Alex had money. Then he finds out how little insurance there was. Alex at this point is assuming the case will settle with the insurance company and he isn't going to be sued. Remember Alex knows this type of law because he practices it. Then Tinsley and him run into each other at some lawyer event (I can't recall what it was) and Alex confronts Tinsley about it saying why aren't you just going through the insurance on this? Alex thinks he's can intimidate Tinsley or "force" a backdown on suing him vs getting insurance settlement for the Beech family. Alex knows going through insurance means he doesn't disclose financials that would expose his crimes. I would have to look back, but I believe somewhere around December is when Tinsley first filed a motion to compel or something with the courts that started the time clock on Alex needing to produce financials. The end result was the hearing set for June 10th, but something was done in late 2020 by Tinsley. I'll find it.. it might be Dec and that could be what leads him to believe that is when Alex began planning.

Also of note, Tinsley had no idea that Alex was stealing from clients. He had no idea his moving forward with going after Alex personally would expose any corrupt financial dealings. He just knew at this time that Alex had $$ and Alex's claims that he was broke were bogus. When he learned what Alex had really been doing, the then knew WHY it was Alex and why he killed them and he called LE with that information. I think Tinsley did help piece it together. I think he helped them understand exactly what that hearing was going to do to Alex and exactly why Alex believed killing Maggie and Paul would fix that problem. Tinsley even said if it was some vigilante that killed them he would have dropped the case against Alex.. his financial issue as far as the boat case would have went away.

Most discussions of motive miss the point. In Watts's case, it's not just the "I prefer the new mistress to the old wife"; it's that the people they "loved" (spouse and kids) are disposable. These people do not think like the rest of us. Whatever "love" they feel is an emotion that goes no further than their own bodies. For them "love" is something that benefits them and makes them feel and look good. It has nothing to do with furthering the lives and happiness and security of their supposed loved ones. A parent who loves his child is devoted to the child's nurturance and well-being. Normal parents try to run into burning buildings to save their kids. Abnormal ones start the arson fire. Most people are busy projecting their own normal emotions and decency onto criminals who simply do not share that emotional infrastructure and capacity.

CW made the critical point that AM could profess to "love" people and still lie to their face and rob them. We knew what we needed to know about AM in the aftermath of the boat crash, when he tried to frame Connor Cook. That's a man with zero scruples, who acts only in his own interest (because not having Paul charged was definitely in AM's own interest).

Motive will always be hard to see when a crime appears to be "senseless," because we can't see things the way people who have no conscience, scruples, and/or decency see them. Watts is a great case in point. He thought it made sense to hide the bodies of his small children (whom he seemed to "love" but disposed of like they were less than trash) in oil tanks on his own job site, with his wife in a shallow grave steps away. They were in the way, like Maggie and Paul were in the way. That's really the motive: "someone is in my way and has to go."
Exactly, very well stated. Whether it’s an affair or money, the crisis/problem did not change them or "trigger" them, they were always this type of person. They do not have the same emotions as the rest of us. People are objects to them, and when no longer needed are disposable. Moo

Last edited:
I have to say these plaintiff’s lawyers B!and and Tin$ley seem really suspect to me. They seem to be interested in fanning the flames with rumor and conjecture. It all seems self-promotional behavior to me. I’m not sure why they are so bent on inserting themselves into the murder case like this. It has nothing to do with their clients’ claims on the financial crimes. The jurors have conducted themselves with more restraint and professionalism than these two when it comes to their media/podcast appearances. JMO
I don’t see them that way. Tinsley was a very important witness for the state. I think his testimony was crucial, he was very much involved in this case thus the interviews. I think both lawyers have a very understandable dislike for Alex Murdaugh, I’m sure they know a whole lot more about him and his family than what we have learned from this trial. I understand the emotional investment they have with following this family. I disagree that it has nothing to do with their cases at least for Tinsley’s, his is still going to trial. I would think he would not be doing his job if he did not attend this trial, hear the testimony because so much of it resolved around the financial state of this family. MOO

Last edited:
Most discussions of motive miss the point. In Watts's case, it's not just the "I prefer the new mistress to the old wife"; it's that the people they "loved" (spouse and kids) are disposable. These people do not think like the rest of us. Whatever "love" they feel is an emotion that goes no further than their own bodies. For them "love" is something that benefits them and makes them feel and look good. It has nothing to do with furthering the lives and happiness and security of their supposed loved ones. A parent who loves his child is devoted to the child's nurturance and well-being. Normal parents try to run into burning buildings to save their kids. Abnormal ones start the arson fire. Most people are busy projecting their own normal emotions and decency onto criminals who simply do not share that emotional infrastructure and capacity.

CW made the critical point that AM could profess to "love" people and still lie to their face and rob them. We knew what we needed to know about AM in the aftermath of the boat crash, when he tried to frame Connor Cook. That's a man with zero scruples, who acts only in his own interest (because not having Paul charged was definitely in AM's own interest).

Motive will always be hard to see when a crime appears to be "senseless," because we can't see things the way people who have no conscience, scruples, and/or decency see them. Watts is a great case in point. He thought it made sense to hide the bodies of his small children (whom he seemed to "love" but disposed of like they were less than trash) in oil tanks on his own job site, with his wife in a shallow grave steps away. They were in the way, like Maggie and Paul were in the way. That's really the motive: "someone is in my way and has to go."
While I don’t agree that the financial crimes were a believable motive in this case, I just wanted to say that I 100% agree with your comments about love. That’s why I hated it that everyone has been saying that AM loved his family! If you believe he committed this crime, he is not capable of love! Those kinds of comments are destructive to our society. When we go around saying a father and husband who killed his wife and child also loved them - WHAT IN THE WORLD KINDA MESSAGE ARE WE SENDING TO YOUNG PEOPLE? /end rant

this stuff will start coming out...clearly this guy probably had affairs...we have heard nothing about them because they was all easy to get rid of due to connections and probably many of his good old boy mates were involved too..could involve anyone from judges to maintenance people. Paying off people nonstop was a way of life.
Imagine one could write a book about AM's history, trial and so on but the book would need to be left unfinished and the back left with chapters of empty pages to write notes and updates due to the fact that the more the authorities and us sleuths dig the more we turn up bones. A cemetary that covers miles of ground and history.

DM not holding back

When the victim first came out with these allegations going back to 2014, I questioned the credibility of waiting until the eve of the high-profile case (the prosecution obviously did not bite) and the statute of limitation passed. Also wondered why she did not take advantage of earlier support during the #MeToo movement. And I'm not seeing anything 8 months later in the DM clickbait that changed my opinion. JMO

The Mail has been following him for sure as they had photos of him and his gf walking the dogs and saying about the expression on his face.
It's not The Mail.

According to a Beaufort County Sheriff's Office police report, Murdaugh contacted law enforcement on Sunday regarding a specific photo of him in the New York Post which showed him inside his residence in Hilton Head.
Murdaugh told police he and his girlfriend Brookylnn White reviewed their Ring camera video and saw a suspicious gray Dodge Challenger outside their home around 6:39 p.m. the day before. They people that person was responsible for the photo based on the angle of the picture.

When the victim first came out with these allegations going back to 2014, I questioned the credibility of waiting until the eve of the high-profile case (the prosecution obviously did not bite) and the statute of limitation passed. Also wondered why she did not take advantage of earlier support during the #MeToo movement. And I'm not seeing anything 8 months later in the DM clickbait that changed my opinion. JMO

I agree, not that I don’t believe AM is capable of this but we have seen too many examples of attention seekers in high profile cases. moo

It's not The Mail.

According to a Beaufort County Sheriff's Office police report, Murdaugh contacted law enforcement on Sunday regarding a specific photo of him in the New York Post which showed him inside his residence in Hilton Head.
Murdaugh told police he and his girlfriend Brookylnn White reviewed their Ring camera video and saw a suspicious gray Dodge Challenger outside their home around 6:39 p.m. the day before. They people that person was responsible for the photo based on the angle of the picture.
Ah maybe the Mail bought the photos/story I dont know but it was definetly across the Mail at the weekend ( with the dogs not inside his home)

The only thing that comes to mind as a possibility is that he could have had them on substantial cash flow in order to stay quiet.

Some may appear now if the cash is dried out. I also think many people are still afraid of his ability to get things done. He can still cause problems from where he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4