SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
I viewed some of the pictures of the articles for auction. I didn’t find anything I thought was great for a wealthy family I guess I expected more.

I thought how much did it cost to pick up, pack up and transport to Georgia.

I went to auction house & the leather sofa/chair/ottoman are, Hancock & Moore.

Those three pieces new are roughy $7500-$10,000.

Jmo

CNN Breaking news: STEPHEN SMITH a homicide per SOUTH CAROLINA authorities. Finally, for his mother who never stopped to get the truth out there for her son. Let's see what is found. So horrible that someone could so monsterously kill this young man, for what. Who or who directed this.

Good news. But, we all know if it hadn't been for all of the recent close attention paid to this family re: the murders & also obviously the Netflix doc. - this crime would have continued to be swept under the rug. And, also if not for the murders we (the general public) would probably not even know about this case or the one re: the suspicious death of the M.'s house-keeper, etc. (also covered in the Netflix doc.)

Researching MM's social media (FB), I'm more convinced that the boat wreck on Feb 24, 2019, was also a day of division between MM and her husband AM.

As late as Feb 10, 2019, MM's body language towards AM is connected, affectionate, and loving. By the end of 2019 (fur coat w/family photo), MM is no longer standing next to AM and is using the sons to add distance between them.

And Facebook "Life Events" -- moved to Edisto Beach, SC - July 12, 2020.

I think this might also represent a significant date if MM was seeking a divorce in SC which requires couples to live separately from one another for 12 months before filing for divorce.

She was murdered about 5 weeks before the Edisto Beach "move" would mark a year.

All MOO
Also, the fact that MM waited until mid to late evening on June 7 to return to Mossell. She wasn't interested in spending much time at all with AM.

Good news. But, we all know if it hadn't been for all of the recent close attention paid to this family re: the murders & also obviously the Netflix doc. - this crime would have continued to be swept under the rug. And, also if not for the murders we (the general public) would probably not even know about this case or the one re: the suspicious death of the M.'s house-keeper, etc. (also covered in the Netflix doc.)
You are correct for sure. Now we wait for justice/ truth. Both would of been swept under the rugs of so many people, including Law.

Last name ( initial) is in the middle and normally larger.

Margaret
Murdaugh
Branstetter

Jmo

Okay, I figured the maiden name would go in the middle like Farrah Fawcett Majors. But I guess it's different for monograms.

I'll try not to read into the pillows that she didn't use a couple's monogram.

Smelly Squirrel - you must not be from the south. As Reese Witherspoon says, "If it isn't moving, we monogram it!" LOL

As a recent transplant to the South, I have already had monogrammed items given to me. I blend in now - lol
As someone in a tremendously large city in the Northeast, I honestly didn’t know monograms were still a big thing in the South.

I’m fairly certain that the last time I had anything with a monogram, it was for my wedding invitations in 1978.

In fact, although perhaps the M’s furniture is high-quality (?), it ALL looks very 70s to me.

IMO it would still be “to each his own,” if this weren’t coming from that family. It certainly doesn’t look like what I’d expected from the home of such wealth, but I guess it’s personal preference and cultural differences.

Personally I would never want furniture which comes simultaneously from the home of a murderer and two murder victims. It would be ghoulish.

I know Buster must need money, but I wish some of it would’ve instead been donated to families in need, if they would want it.

jmo

Last edited:
As someone in a tremendously large city in the Northeast, I honestly didn’t know monograms were still a big thing in the South.

I’m fairly certain that the last time I had anything with a monogram, it was for my wedding invitations in 1978.

In fact, although perhaps the M’s furniture is high-quality (?), it ALL looks very 70s to me.

IMO it would still be “to each his own,” if this weren’t coming from that family. It certainly doesn’t look like what I’d expected from the home of such wealth, but I guess it’s personal preference and cultural differences.

Personally I would never want furniture which comes simultaneously from the home of a murderer and two murder victims. It would be ghoulish.

I know Buster must need money, but I wish some of it would’ve instead been donated to families in need, if they would want it.

jmo
With all due respect, I think the donated to families would rather have the cash! :cool:

Edited: were you talking about the furniture or the money?:D:p

jmo
IMO, the furnishings at auction are from the "hunting lodge" located in Moselle. I also believe the furnishings here and/or wherever they lived were chosen with the help of a decorator and not that MM was just out cruising the mall. (There's evidence of this in MM's estate settlement -- she owed an interiors firm).

jmo
RSBM

I am in the Wash DC area and seen them all my life...Monograms aren't anything unique to the south. In fact just Googled are monograms popular?
Are monograms still popular?

Monograms are a perfect way to add a touch of personalization to your decor—they're often used in decor on throw blankets, pillows, yard decorations, and more—and they seem more popular now than ever.Feb 15, 2023

Whatever...as to inheriting furnishing from most people I know...The next generation isn't remotely interested especially in your "antiques" which you so treasured or your China or your silver (except to maybe sell it.

New auction items posted

This is really intriguing and something to ponder if you are into psychology. Wouldn’t we like to know if AM bought that? Or was it a gift? From whom? Seems like something maybe a father would give his son?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member