SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I would like to know is how Alex got so much snot to come out of his nose! Maybe he was having some kind of purposeful allergic reaction to those little candies or whatever he was eating throughout the whole trial? Maybe something was added to his water bottle? I really want to know!
That's about all he could produce since one of the jurors during an interview after the trial noticed gobs of snot, no tears.

Respect accepted , however if i agree he requested them to be there for the sole reason to rid the world of his most beloved , I would also have to agree that the deed was executed with planning and a thought out process , its glaringly obvious that it wasn't ...i could point out many failures as a planned event being fool proof ..one does not tend to use ones own weapons for a start . IMO
Alex and family had operated above the law for almost a century. He operated from a different perspective than most would. He had Duffie Stone, many warrants for searchers weren’t even executed til DS recused himself in August. It’s interesting that the roadside shooting coincided not only with actions at the law firm but with DS’s recusal. Alex could have hired out the murders, he could have bought black market guns but I believe he didn’t think he needed to, he was different. He thought he could get on the stand and talk his way out/convince the jury he did not do it by repeatedly saying Pau Pau and Mags with per the jury, no tears and emotions turned on and off. That made no more sense than using the family weapons but to Alex it did, he thought accountability would never visit him no matter what he did. He was confronted that morning at the law firm about a check. I believe it’s at that point Alex decided to kill them, follow thru on “whoever did this planned this for a long time”. I don’t think Alex had this plan for a long time but I do believe he had thought about it in his search for a path out of his crimes that were going to be exposed. There has been speculation that possibly Maggie stopping to get a pedicure, he did not know she was going to do that, thru off his time line. MOO

Last edited:
The story gave Pink and Burton context, years after Murdaugh asked them to take down the Bahamas video, which Burton said popped up on his phone and he decided to post it for a Throwback Thursday in August 2019.

That was when I tagged him and Morgan, and then I received that message from him," he said. "Obviously, we didn't know anything had happened or anything like that."

Murdaugh reached out via Instagram to ask Burton to take the video down, writing, "Me and that girl are no longer dating and are not supposed to have any contact."

The British pals didn't know about the crash at the time, they said, and they didn't push the issue either, assuming Murdaugh was just going through a breakup and didn't want to talk about it.

This was after the boat crash.

“The pair claim he was holidaying with his former girlfriend Morgan Doughty shortly after the deadly boating accident that killed Mallory Beach in February 2019.

[..]

The bricklayers had jetted off on the ultimate break to the Bahamas when they crossed paths with Paul - the youngest son of disgraced legal scion Alex Murdaugh.

We met Paul Murdaugh on holiday - he begged to come to the UK after boat crash
I thought it was before because Paul had to turn over his passport as part of his pretrial agreement. IIRC

After getting up to speed by binge watching and reading since the verdict . I note
many proposing pre planing by AM and trying to fit in the evidence to support this plan . IMO it is not necessary to assume any pre notion of planning other than " thinking about it for a long time " or a shorter time for that matter . I can see and hear a lot of what AM says and does contains a certain amount of truth telling , conscious or not , its apparent if one isolates these things as apparent when taken into context . I believe as AM states he did not want to go to the kennels as it is always chaotic and after his day at the office things were getting way out of control and then factor in his drug issues during the days prior etc , he was already on the brink of break down .....without going into all the detail i believe he either decided that night enough was enough and he would act on the compulsion and headed to the kennels with no plan but a reactionary impulse , or he decided as he said he would go to appease Mags for obvious reasons he wanted to keep her onside at least , I believe him when he said "and it was chaotic and I got out of there but not before he lost the plot after Bubba effectively killed the bird ...he lost his temper and lost his mind IMO and may have even told them he was going to kill the culprit (Mages much loved dog ) ranting and raving he may have grabbed weapons and just lost it in blind rage , stress ,anxiety, panic attack etc etc ...did what he did and became someone else. i can picture him also blubbering and highly emotional after he shot Paul but continued the deeds until he had a sense of relief in that moment and quickly recovering his senses knew he had to get rid of the weapons , first and foremost thats what he does , rather quick thinking but not with his usual capable scheming mind ...and the rest is history ...and the details have been filled in ...
He didn't do it intentionally but he did think about it once or twice ...IMO in his mind he wasn't in his right mind ...He may regret it but not enough to tell the truth . In claiming LE would investigate him as a prime suspect as being paranoid is absolutely correct , he decided to lie the second he made the decision to hide the weapons ...he had already known the other benefits of their deaths, all he had to focus on was knowing what to do to not get caught and he was an expert on that subject . It would have worked if the video had not came to LIGHT .

Anyway as Always MOO....
I'm on the other side of the fence regarding AM not planning this and believe AM in fact did plan this. AM had a history of nothing but planning things, planning how he would steal countless amounts of money from those that trusted him. Planned as he sat face to face with clients telling them he had their back and he would take care of them. After PM's boat crash had a plan as he rolled into the hospital flashing badges and suppressing victim statements. Planned the Circus sideshow on the side of the road with the ghost shooter first then switched plans and went with the suicide attempt with cuz Eddie. That stunt was just that a stunt since IMO AM didn't have the grapes to follow through with it and just another planned event to draw attention away from the boat incident as well as all his money grubbing schemes coming to light. As for the night of the murders, just another plan and the weapons that went missing a couple months before were just laying in wait to follow through with yet another plan. Those weapons were already down there hidden as AM spent the day finalizing the plan. A call to MM was made and PM being on location as well set AM's wheels into motion. This final plan was AM's last attempt to create a grand distraction and it was done without rage but with a cold heartless soul. AM sold any empathy, any love he may have had for his family and others a long time ago. AM's only reason to live was to feed his monster no matter the cost. AM spent a life of planning things to feed his need and to keep the balls he was juggling in motion the problem was that AM had to many balls in the air and once he realized that he started to sacrifice ball's that didn't fit into his ever changing juggling act, family as well. JMO

Last edited:
I really don't understand the innuendos that persist about the death of Stephen Smith. He was a high school friend of AM's son. There is nothing that ties AM to the death of Stephen Smith. Except a bunch of unfounded rumors.
"June 23, 2021, SLED announced they were opening their own investigation into Stephen Smith’s death based on information gathered in the Murdaugh investigation."

----

Not really rumor that they seem to have found some connection.
regarding Stephan Smith...I don't think we are in a position to question delving into this further. We simply don't know what they have to connect the Murdaughs. It will play out as will GS.

BBM
MOO is no, you wouldn't have to agree that it was executed with planning and thought out. And here's one good reason: Locard's Principle.

AM is an imperfect human, leaving things behind. A man who didn't have to have it all thought out, because he expected others to believe what ever came out of his mouth...
I agree with this and all one needs to do is look back on AM's past.
He expected others to believe whatever came out of his mouth because that is what happened in the past.
He was stealing millions from clients, his law firm and others and it wasn't until all those things started to be questioned - with the boat lawsuit and then the questions from the law firm - that his house of cards started to crash and he had to start planning other ways to get the focus from him and his money.
MOO

I'm on the other side of the fence regarding AM not planning this and believe AM in fact did plan this. AM had a history of nothing but planning things, planning how he would steal countless amounts of money from those that trusted him. Planned as he sat face to face with clients telling them he had their back and he would take care of them. After PM's boat crash had a plan as he rolled into the hospital flashing badges and suppressing victim statements. Planned the Circus sideshow on the side of the road with the ghost shooter first then switched plans and went with the suicide attempt with cuz Eddie. That stunt was just that a stunt since IMO AM didn't have the grapes to follow through with it and just another planned event to draw attention away from the boat incident as well as all his money grubbing schemes coming to light. As for the night of the murders, just another plan and the weapons that went missing a couple months before were just laying in wait to follow through with yet another plan. Those weapons were already down there hidden as AM spent the day finalizing the plan. A call to MM was made and PM being on location as well set AM's wheels into motion. This final plan was AM's last attempt to create a grand distraction and it was done without rage but with a cold heartless soul. AM sold any empathy, any love he may have had for his family and others a long time ago. AM's only reason to live was to feed his monster no matter the cost. AM spent a life of planning things to feed his need and to keep the balls he was juggling in motion the problem was that AM had to many balls in the air and once he realized that he started to sacrifice ball's that didn't fit into his ever changing juggling act, family as well. JMO
I think every now and then AM threw in a true statement in life...one such quote from him as told on the stand by Marian Proctor is "whoever did this planned it for a very long time". I will take him at his word on that one.

I think the rumors are interesting. PM's former girlfriend had some things to say about the M family's reaction in the Netflix doc.

Since it was reported that there was no evidence of a hit and run besides SS's body in the road. I am interested why the search of the M property has garnered SLED interest.
For those of us who didn’t watch the documentary, what did the former girlfriend say about the family’s reaction ?

There's more to all the buying, selling, exchanging ownership of properties and newly formed LLC's. We need the rest of the story.

AM's property and "business dealings".........it's not a complete timeline or list. It's just a few things I picked out of my notes to share here.

FOLLOW THE MONEY!!!

1998 - AM and B Boulware became business partners. Murdaugh Holdings and B Boulware purchased a stretch of remote waterfront property on the St Helena Island for $115k.

2000 - AM and MM built their Hampton residence

2002 - AM and MM purchased Edisto property for $415K

2003 - AM and B Boulware purchased additional property on St Helena Island

2004- AM and B Boulware purchased additional property on St Helena Island

2006 - AM represented Barrett in a civil case against South Attachie Closings

2010 -2021-Jenkins Creek Marine and Charters, LLC - AM and R Crosby are the owners of this LLC. There were 7 total property transactions under this LLC between 2010 and 2021, Jenkins Creek Charters and Property Management is an additional entity.

Unknown Date - R Crosby took out a mortgage for a little over $150K for a piece of property that B Boulware was selling to a company called, Jenkins Creek Marine and Charters, LLC

Unknown Date - A year and a half later Crosby took out another mortgage for a little over $150K being sold by Barrett to a company called, Jenkins Creek Charters and Property Management

Unknown Date - AM and R Crosby owned 2 docks that were off loading Jellyfish from a company called Millenary. The Jellyfish were being processed at a facility, Williams Farm. M Ball was the registered agent for Williams Farms and Mark also worked at PMPED Law Office.

There are also transactions between B Boulware and R Crosby in other counties.

2014 - The Jellyfish company dissolved after the SC Department of Health and Environmental Control halted operations due to health code violations

2014 - AM purchased the Moselle property from B Boulware’s wife, J Boulware for $5 for the property. On the deed it states the exchange in the like kind of replacement property in the amount of $735K. (This is common to avoid paying taxes on capital gains)

Aug 2016 - Buckner led Collerton County deputies on a high speed chase. Found crack cocaine, molly pills and $7500 in cash. Buckner was identified as a known gang member known for drug activity. AM worked on this case as a solicitor. It’s the only case AM has ever worked on as a solicitor. No verdict was met and the case ended in a mistrial.

2018 - AM accused of stealing $750K from B Boulware in insurance money when he was dying of colon cancer.

2018 - AM and MM moved to Moselle property

Sept 2021 - all 7 properties were transferred to R Crosby for $5 when Jenkins Creek Marine and Charters, LLC was dissolved and liquidated. There was wording in the sale of the properties that R Crosby wouldn’t sue AM. However, PMPED filed a lawsuit against AM that same month.

Feb 2022 - Moselle property listed for sale (under new name of Cross Swamp Farm, it was later changed back to Moselle Farm)

April 2022 - Satterfield Estate brought suit against AM over AM’s embezzlement of $4.3 million settlement that was supposed to go to the Satterfields.

April 2022 - Nautilus Insurance Company brought suit against AM for defrauding the company.

April 9 2022 - Buckner Roberts Construction LLC was created by Roberts. Emmanuel Buckner co-founded the company with Roberts.

April 2022 - Trail of checks written by AM to S Roberts.

June 2022 - SC Grand Jury indicted AM on two criminal conspiracy counts, including a narcotics count related to Oxycodone, for alleged narcotics related crimes in a multi county area.
To me this makes the exchange between DH and RC during testimony very interesting. I wonder what AM told DH about all of these property transfers. I also wonder why RC would sign an agreement to not sue Alex. I suspect there are a lot of folks that don't want the financial charges to go to trial. We know what they say "sunlight is the best disinfectant". jmo

I didn’t have a passport to cruise to Bahamas. Years back fly to Jamaica no passport.
you need a valid passport for Bahamas but arriving in a private plane etc. I am sure there are some work arounds for the Murdaughs. He may have more than one passport. I think they regularly went off shore and probably for more than partying.

I didn’t have a passport to cruise to Bahamas. Years back fly to Jamaica no passport.
and cruises are different...even today you can get off the ship with birth certificate but if you needed for any reason to fly back from there (medical emergency etc) you need a passport.

This gentleman is also a big part in my mind of this effort. He appears a little more quiet and reserved. But in my opinion, his closing rebuttal really ‘brought it’.

Congratulations to all and to Mr. Meadors.

He was also very gracious of the many others involved in this prosecution effort. He shared several names of others also crucial in the effort. Mr. Owens and Ms. Rutland. Their initial questioning of Mr. Murdaugh, reports, and trial testimony were quite effective.

His words of who the defendant loved, and who he loved most was also quite convincing and pivotal.

And I love his speaking tone, inflection, accent, and dialect. Wonderful to listen to him speak.

MO.

Last edited:
I think every now and then AM threw in a true statement in life...one such quote from him as told on the stand by Marian Proctor is "whoever did this planned it for a very long time". I will take him at his word on that one.
Agreed AM did speak truth at times though the truth always fell into the big ole hole of lies.

This gentleman is also a big part in my mind of this effort. He appears a little more quiet and reserved. But in my opinion, his closing rebuttal really ‘brought it’.

Congratulations to all and to Mr. Meadors.

He was also very gracious of the many others involved in this prosecution effort. He shared several names of others also crucial in the effort. Mr. Owens and Ms. Rutland. Their initial questioning of Mr. Murdaugh, reports, and trial testimony were quite effective.

His words of who the defendant loved, and who he loved most was also quite convincing and pivotal.

And I love his speaking tone, inflection, accent, and dialect. Wonderful to listen to him speak.

MO.
His rebuttal was awesome! I love his southern accent too. All of the prosecution team were amazing and supportive of each other. Thanks for sharing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998