SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't understand the innuendos that persist about the death of Stephen Smith. He was a high school friend of AM's son. There is nothing that ties AM to the death of Stephen Smith. Except a bunch of unfounded rumors.
Not rumors.....

"The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) revealed in a statement that the investigation was launched "based upon information gathered during the course of the double murder investigation of Paul and Maggie Murdaugh."

Not rumors.....

"The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) revealed in a statement that the investigation was launched "based upon information gathered during the course of the double murder investigation of Paul and Maggie Murdaugh."

Any thoughts on what was found early in the Murdaugh murders investigation that investigators immediately connected to Stephen Smith? Maybe a weapon, clothing, missing item that was not released to the public but perhaps found at Moselle?

Was anything reported missing from Stephen and his car?

Any thoughts on what was found early in the Murdaugh murders investigation that investigators immediately connected to Stephen Smith? Maybe a weapon, clothing, missing item that was not released to the public but perhaps found at Moselle?

Seeing that it was information gathered during the course of the double homicide, my guess it is more than one or two things.

Also Im leaning towards something in writing. Like an old email, or an old out of date phone that still has texts on it or even a ghost app on an old phone or old tablet. Also there are so many anonymous messaging apps now.

Story by Sky News Australia • 6h ago

Found guilty of murdering his wife and son, Alex Murdaugh will spend the rest of his life in prison.

The trial of the prominent attorney from South Carolina captured interest around the world.

Sky News Digital Originals presents this report from Sky News Australia Washington Correspondent Annelise Nielsen.

Last edited:
Seeing that it was information gathered during the course of the double homicide, my guess it is more than one or two things.

Also Im leaning towards something in writing. Like an old email, or an old out of date phone that still has texts on it or even a ghost app on an old phone or old tablet. Also there are so many anonymous messaging apps now.

The investigation into Stephen's death was reopened on June 22, 2021, so just a couple of weeks after Maggie and Paul were murdered.

If it was that quickly, I am thinking they may not have had time to extensively search old electronics so my guess is physical evidence like photos, handwritten notes, or something that might look like it had been used to inflict blunt force trauma.

Since BM was mentioned in relation (possibly) to Stephen, but BM never really lived at Moselle (they moved there after he had already moved away for college), I wonder if the item(s) were kept as blackmail/insurance? If so, who would have kept it and why? AM or PM trying to keep BM or acquaintances of BM in line?

All speculation and MOO.

The investigation into Stephen's death was reopened on June 22, 2021, so just a couple of weeks after Maggie and Paul were murdered.

If it was that quickly, I am thinking they may not have had time to extensively search old electronics so my guess is physical evidence like photos, handwritten notes, or something that might look like it had been used to inflict blunt force trauma.

Since BM was mentioned in relation (possibly) to Stephen, but BM never really lived at Moselle (they moved there after he had already moved away for college), I wonder if the item(s) were kept as blackmail/insurance? If so, who would have kept it and why? AM or PM trying to keep BM or acquaintances of BM in line?

All speculation and MOO.

I can totally agree with this scenario. Handwritten notes or even letters. And yes pictures....

"No suspects have ever been officially named in the teen’s death but the Murdaugh family name comes up several times in investigative files."

"The connection between the two remains murky but Andrews says that in the documents related to the case she has, the name is mentioned 40 times."

“Where there’s smoke, there’s fire,“ Andrews said. “There has to be something to it, whether indirectly or directly there has to be some kind of tie to that.”

I really don't understand the innuendos that persist about the death of Stephen Smith. He was a high school friend of AM's son. There is nothing that ties AM to the death of Stephen Smith. Except a bunch of unfounded rumors.
Besides SLED saying they reopened SS case because of information gleaned from the Murdaugh murders investigation, there's these things too.

(...)

"There was clearly a Murdaugh tie into the death of Stephen Smith, because if you read the investigatory reports from his death back in 2015, the Murdaugh name is mentioned dozens of times..."

(...)

"What is known is that Alex Murdaugh and his brother Randy came to the scene of Stephen Smith’s death, going through the crime tape. No one is sure why the brothers were there. But inconsistencies in the initial investigation have left many wondering why his death was never investigated as a homicide.

According to Sandy Smith, Randy Murdaugh called the family following Stephen Smith’s death [first call she recieved after the coroner called], offering to help however he could. However, his law firm has since disputed that, putting out a statement denying it ever happened."

After getting up to speed by binge watching and reading since the verdict . I note
many proposing pre planing by AM and trying to fit in the evidence to support this plan . IMO it is not necessary to assume any pre notion of planning other than " thinking about it for a long time " or a shorter time for that matter . I can see and hear a lot of what AM says and does contains a certain amount of truth telling , conscious or not , its apparent if one isolates these things as apparent when taken into context . I believe as AM states he did not want to go to the kennels as it is always chaotic and after his day at the office things were getting way out of control and then factor in his drug issues during the days prior etc , he was already on the brink of break down .....without going into all the detail i believe he either decided that night enough was enough and he would act on the compulsion and headed to the kennels with no plan but a reactionary impulse , or he decided as he said he would go to appease Mags for obvious reasons he wanted to keep her onside at least , I believe him when he said "and it was chaotic and I got out of there but not before he lost the plot after Bubba effectively killed the bird ...he lost his temper and lost his mind IMO and may have even told them he was going to kill the culprit (Mages much loved dog ) ranting and raving he may have grabbed weapons and just lost it in blind rage , stress ,anxiety, panic attack etc etc ...did what he did and became someone else. i can picture him also blubbering and highly emotional after he shot Paul but continued the deeds until he had a sense of relief in that moment and quickly recovering his senses knew he had to get rid of the weapons , first and foremost thats what he does , rather quick thinking but not with his usual capable scheming mind ...and the rest is history ...and the details have been filled in ...
He didn't do it intentionally but he did think about it once or twice ...IMO in his mind he wasn't in his right mind ...He may regret it but not enough to tell the truth . In claiming LE would investigate him as a prime suspect as being paranoid is absolutely correct , he decided to lie the second he made the decision to hide the weapons ...he had already known the other benefits of their deaths, all he had to focus on was knowing what to do to not get caught and he was an expert on that subject . It would have worked if the video had not came to LIGHT .

Anyway as Always MOO....

After getting up to speed by binge watching and reading since the verdict . I note
many proposing pre planing by AM and trying to fit in the evidence to support this plan . IMO it is not necessary to assume any pre notion of planning other than " thinking about it for a long time " or a shorter time for that matter . I can see and hear a lot of what AM says and does contains a certain amount of truth telling , conscious or not , its apparent if one isolates these things as apparent when taken into context . I believe as AM states he did not want to go to the kennels as it is always chaotic and after his day at the office things were getting way out of control and then factor in his drug issues during the days prior etc , he was already on the brink of break down .....without going into all the detail i believe he either decided that night enough was enough and he would act on the compulsion and headed to the kennels with no plan but a reactionary impulse , or he decided as he said he would go to appease Mags for obvious reasons he wanted to keep her onside at least , I believe him when he said "and it was chaotic and I got out of there but not before he lost the plot after Bubba effectively killed the bird ...he lost his temper and lost his mind IMO and may have even told them he was going to kill the culprit (Mages much loved dog ) ranting and raving he may have grabbed weapons and just lost it in blind rage , stress ,anxiety, panic attack etc etc ...did what he did and became someone else. i can picture him also blubbering and highly emotional after he shot Paul but continued the deeds until he had a sense of relief in that moment and quickly recovering his senses knew he had to get rid of the weapons , first and foremost thats what he does , rather quick thinking but not with his usual capable scheming mind ...and the rest is history ...and the details have been filled in ...
He didn't do it intentionally but he did think about it once or twice ...IMO in his mind he wasn't in his right mind ...He may regret it but not enough to tell the truth . In claiming LE would investigate him as a prime suspect as being paranoid is absolutely correct , he decided to lie the second he made the decision to hide the weapons ...he had already known the other benefits of their deaths, all he had to focus on was knowing what to do to not get caught and he was an expert on that subject . It would have worked if the video had not came to LIGHT .

Anyway as Always MOO....
BBM
With total respect, I disagree.

He decided to lie the second he requested Maggie and Paul (not Buster) to be there.

The ONLY thing that I remember is that a number of tiny blue paint flakes, the source of which had not been identified at the time of his death, were found on Stephen or on his clothing.

"June 23, 2021, SLED announced they were opening their own investigation into Stephen Smith’s death based on information gathered in the Murdaugh investigation."

----

Not really rumor that they seem to have found some connection.
Interesting article to say the least.

BBM
With total respect, I disagree.

He decided to lie the second he requested Maggie and Paul (not Buster) to be there.
Respect accepted , however if i agree he requested them to be there for the sole reason to rid the world of his most beloved , I would also have to agree that the deed was executed with planning and a thought out process , its glaringly obvious that it wasn't ...i could point out many failures as a planned event being fool proof ..one does not tend to use ones own weapons for a start . IMO

Respect accepted , however if i agree he requested them to be there for the sole reason to rid the world of his most beloved , I would also have to agree that the deed was executed with planning and a thought out process , its glaringly obvious that it wasn't ...i could point out many failures as a planned event being fool proof ..one does not tend to use ones own weapons for a start . IMO
BBM
MOO is no, you wouldn't have to agree that it was executed with planning and thought out. And here's one good reason: Locard's Principle.

AM is an imperfect human, leaving things behind. A man who didn't have to have it all thought out, because he expected others to believe what ever came out of his mouth...

I totally forgot about the blue paint flakes....

SLED agent Michael Moscal told the investigator about trace evidence found on Smith’s clothing consisting of around 10 1mm single layer blue paint chips, the report states. Moscal said while he needed more paint chips to pinpoint a particular vehicle, a computer database indicated the paint could be from an industrial tool, dumpster or sign post. He also said Toyota used this particular paint on its vehicles from 1982 to 1988, the report states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member