SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the other side of the fence regarding AM not planning this and believe AM in fact did plan this. AM had a history of nothing but planning things, planning how he would steal countless amounts of money from those that trusted him. Planned as he sat face to face with clients telling them he had their back and he would take care of them. After PM's boat crash had a plan as he rolled into the hospital flashing badges and suppressing victim statements. Planned the Circus sideshow on the side of the road with the ghost shooter first then switched plans and went with the suicide attempt with cuz Eddie. That stunt was just that a stunt since IMO AM didn't have the grapes to follow through with it and just another planned event to draw attention away from the boat incident as well as all his money grubbing schemes coming to light. As for the night of the murders, just another plan and the weapons that went missing a couple months before were just laying in wait to follow through with yet another plan. Those weapons were already down there hidden as AM spent the day finalizing the plan. A call to MM was made and PM being on location as well set AM's wheels into motion. This final plan was AM's last attempt to create a grand distraction and it was done without rage but with a cold heartless soul. AM sold any empathy, any love he may have had for his family and others a long time ago. AM's only reason to live was to feed his monster no matter the cost. AM spent a life of planning things to feed his need and to keep the balls he was juggling in motion the problem was that AM had to many balls in the air and once he realized that he started to sacrifice ball's that didn't fit into his ever changing juggling act, family as well. JMO
Yes! And as so many sleuths stated the boat crash was the beginning of his demise, he was out of control. AM drove himself silly, and chose double murder; however, a boy and a dog put an end to AM's madness. moo

After getting up to speed by binge watching and reading since the verdict . I note
many proposing pre planing by AM and trying to fit in the evidence to support this plan . IMO it is not necessary to assume any pre notion of planning other than " thinking about it for a long time " or a shorter time for that matter . I can see and hear a lot of what AM says and does contains a certain amount of truth telling , conscious or not , its apparent if one isolates these things as apparent when taken into context . I believe as AM states he did not want to go to the kennels as it is always chaotic and after his day at the office things were getting way out of control and then factor in his drug issues during the days prior etc , he was already on the brink of break down .....without going into all the detail i believe he either decided that night enough was enough and he would act on the compulsion and headed to the kennels with no plan but a reactionary impulse , or he decided as he said he would go to appease Mags for obvious reasons he wanted to keep her onside at least , I believe him when he said "and it was chaotic and I got out of there but not before he lost the plot after Bubba effectively killed the bird ...he lost his temper and lost his mind IMO and may have even told them he was going to kill the culprit (Mages much loved dog ) ranting and raving he may have grabbed weapons and just lost it in blind rage , stress ,anxiety, panic attack etc etc ...did what he did and became someone else. i can picture him also blubbering and highly emotional after he shot Paul but continued the deeds until he had a sense of relief in that moment and quickly recovering his senses knew he had to get rid of the weapons , first and foremost thats what he does , rather quick thinking but not with his usual capable scheming mind ...and the rest is history ...and the details have been filled in ...
He didn't do it intentionally but he did think about it once or twice ...IMO in his mind he wasn't in his right mind ...He may regret it but not enough to tell the truth . In claiming LE would investigate him as a prime suspect as being paranoid is absolutely correct , he decided to lie the second he made the decision to hide the weapons ...he had already known the other benefits of their deaths, all he had to focus on was knowing what to do to not get caught and he was an expert on that subject . It would have worked if the video had not came to LIGHT .

Anyway as Always MOO....
I could maybe think it's possible that AM didn't plan it all except that he asked MM to come home. She did not, IMO, stay there at Moselle the night before. It was made to look like she did by AM. I also think PM was not planning on going to Moselle that night or if he did it was not something he would have shared with AM and would have only been instigated by Rogan at some point. PM's vehicle was in the shop for repairs. If his grandpa hadn't of been told by his doctor to hastily check into the hospital that morning the whole car thing with PM wouldn't of happened. PM had also already eaten supper at JMM's and didn't need to eat at Moselle. He like his mother were lured to Moselle that night...there's the planning ahead of time. AJMO

The actual amounts involved in property transfers are easily and publicly available in both NC and SC, so it's possible that the purpose of using a nominal amount in the contract was for the sake of privacy, but it doesn't really serve that function anymore.
How would I go about looking up the actual sale price in SC, for a private sale?

I did notice the tax values are on line, but could not find sale price for a couple of private sales. I know if the house is mortgaged, it will have a lien. The lien gives an idea of the amount paid.

I would love to look up, if MM paid any dollars for Mozelle. Did he transfer in return for cash? Also, would like to find what AM actually paid for Mozelle.

Thanks.
Moo

the media headlines "Stephen Smith MYSTERY":

IMO, AM and his brother had an influential hand in suppressing further investigation in 2015 since those initial reports of his death, at the scene, were ignored and subsequent dueling opinions as to cause of death, coroner, pathologist and several SC highway patrol ensued. the pathologist opinion was accepted.

the family indicates they pursued an outside investigation in 2016 that went nowhere. why did it take a murdaugh murder as incentive to reopen SS's case? roadblock removed perhaps?

does anyone think that SLED has any viable, tangible evidence that would link individual(s) to SS death? other than the murdaugh name was reported via many many tips (rumours)?

Any thoughts on what was found early in the Murdaugh murders investigation that investigators immediately connected to Stephen Smith? Maybe a weapon, clothing, missing item that was not released to the public but perhaps found at Moselle?

Was anything reported missing from Stephen and his car?
Maybe something to do with the older black F-150 truck Rogan mentioned as Buster's truck during his testimony. https://wpde.com/news/local/live-bl...on-wife-father-maggie-speaking-from-the-grave

Evidently LE got wind of something that peaked their interest. Did LE impound any of the Moselle farm vehicles?

the media headlines "Stephen Smith MYSTERY":

IMO, AM and his brother had an influential hand in suppressing further investigation in 2015 since those initial reports of his death, at the scene, were ignored and subsequent dueling opinions as to cause of death, coroner, pathologist and several SC highway patrol ensued. the pathologist opinion was accepted.

the family indicates they pursued an outside investigation in 2016 that went nowhere. why did it take a murdaugh murder as incentive to reopen SS's case? roadblock removed perhaps?

does anyone think that SLED has any viable, tangible evidence that would link individual(s) to SS death? other than the murdaugh name was reported via many many tips (rumours)?
Many phones and other devices were looked at during this investigation, so yes I do believe something led to something else.

I also think the boat case with Mallory dying and PM not being treated as any other young man would have, add in a double murder, then financial crimes against GS's boys and other people who were badly injured and not of great means...recipe for people to finally start talking?
AJMO

Stephen Smith's car was found not far from the Moselle property - out'n the middle of nowhere. His body was found in the middle of the road - something like 2 miles from his car. He was wearing his shoes.

"A 2015 article by Live 5 News reported that the Hampton County coroner had “confirmed that a dead body was found after a hit-and-run in the Sandy Run Road area of Hampton County.”​

Five Facts with heavy.com

Sandy Run Road, Mozelle and Stephen Smith's body - see Map

It leaves me with questions about why Stephen Smith was secretive about his new friend. He told his family about deep sea fishing with his new friend. He was a school mate of Buster. Stephen was openly gay.

Does anyone know where his car was found? If the car was found between Moselle and the body, I might think Murdaugh. If Stephen's car was found towards Hampton, I would think twice.
He was on his way home from Orangeburg-Calhoun Tech,
3250 St Matthews Rd, Orangeburg, SC 29118 . to Joe Miley Road.
Google show over an hour drive,

He would have driven South on 601, turning R onto Sandy Run.

In a November 2015 interview with The Hampton County Guardian, Sandy Smith, Stephen's mother, said that Stephen was walking to his home on Joe Miley Road, near Crocketville, after running out of gas, when he was killed.
Stephen was a straight-A student and a 2014 graduate of Wade Hampton High School. He was pursuing a career in nursing at Orangeburg-Calhoun Tech, and was on his way home from a night class when the incident occurred.

I could maybe think it's possible that AM didn't plan it all except that he asked MM to come home. She did not, IMO, stay there at Moselle the night before. It was made to look like she did by AM. I also think PM was not planning on going to Moselle that night or if he did it was not something he would have shared with AM and would have only been instigated by Rogan at some point. PM's vehicle was in the shop for repairs. If his grandpa hadn't of been told by his doctor to hastily check into the hospital that morning the whole car thing with PM wouldn't have happened. PM had also already eaten supper at JMM's and didn't need to eat at Moselle. He like his mother were lured to Moselle that night...there's the planning ahead of time. AJMO
And AM, a phone addict, didn’t take his phone to the kennels. That was intentional to make it look like he was at the house napping. It was planned. JMO.

I never quite understood why the prosecution didn’t talk more about AM’s shoes.
Also the defense tried to hint there was something nefarious about the hair “in” MM’s hand. I wish the prosecution had been more clear it all.

you need a valid passport for Bahamas but arriving in a private plane etc. I am sure there are some work arounds for the Murdaughs. He may have more than one passport. I think they regularly went off shore and probably for more than partying.
A passport is not required for the Virgin Islands or any other US territory.
Depends on where they went.

The U.S. Virgin Islands is an outlying Territory of the United States. American citizens, therefore, It’s a NO and you don't require a passport for virgin islands.

I never quite understood why the prosecution didn’t talk more about AM’s shoes.
Also the defense tried to hint there was something nefarious about the hair “in” MM’s hand. I wish the prosecution had been more clear it all.

Was there DNA testing on the brown hair?

Kind of off topic of the article, but this screenshot of the car interview shows it pretty well.
Did anybody else noticed that AM had in his pocket two sets of glasses?
Not that it means anything because my grandmother has reading glasses and regular glasses, but the ones in the front look similar to what MM is wearing in this picture.
Just a weird little detail I noticed from watching some of these things over again.
1678473390441.png

Thank you for posting this. Very good information and interview with them! I had not recalled all of it…. but was interested that the defendant, that day, while talking with the questioners….. mentions something like ‘so y’all think this is intentional’?

As I remember, on the stand he mentioned that he would not ‘intentionally’ hurt anyone?

Very interesting parsing of words, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member