SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the attorney who released the statement from the dismissed juror (the egg lady). IMO, he's got an agenda.

Regarding his belief that another topic for appeal is the jury's brief deliberation time. Others have tried that one and lost. There are previous rulings that discount that idea. One such ruling is Wilburn v. Eastman Kodak Co., 180 F.3d 475, 476 (2d Cir. 1999) (“A jury is not required to deliberate for any set length of time. Brief deliberation, by itself, does not show that the jury failed to give full, conscientious or impartial consideration of the evidence.”). I'm sure there are others the State will reference in their response if they need to.
jmo

IMO I doubt if RL is going to get a new trial based on what AM said on the stand. There was plenty of evidence of a conspiracy in his trial and outlined quite well in his 3-6-23 denied motion. Just because AM said Russell Laffitte did nothing wrong doesn't make it so. He wasn't saying it to exonerate RL; he only said that to try and make everyone believe he was so righteous for accepting all the responsibility. He could give a flip about RL or what happens to him.

Laffitte motion for retrial denied (see pgs 32,33)

Lafitte and AM have so much chutzpah. They do these bad things, admit under oath to doing bad things but then feel like they should not be held accountable. Time for this kind of hubris to be jailed with the key thrown away.

I have an awful feeling that there were other players with chutzpah trying to shield wrongdoing at each of their business. We need some sun light in the part of SC.

This is the attorney who released the statement from the dismissed juror (the egg lady). IMO, he's got an agenda.

He's well known, but I think this Attorney General presented a very credible case, with few loopholes I hope. Very Odd IMPOV, as he is apparently Connor Cook's attorney. Hmmm

What's wrong with what McCulloch says there? He's just describing the legal process for appeals. I don't see anything he said that's false or inappropriate in any way.

IMO I doubt if RL is going to get a new trial based on what AM said on the stand. There was plenty of evidence of a conspiracy in his trial and outlined quite well in his 3-6-23 denied motion. Just because AM said Russell Laffitte did nothing wrong doesn't make it so. He wasn't saying it to exonerate RL; he only said that to try and make everyone believe he was so righteous for accepting all the responsibility. He could give a flip about RL or what happens to him.

Laffitte motion for retrial denied (see pgs 32,33)

Thanks for linking the Opinion. I also believed this should have been ruled a hung jury when the jurors became chaotic but from the ruling, I now see that defense attorney Daniel did not object when he should have. Perhaps this is one of the reasons why Laffitte hired a new defense team. Also, the first petition did not include what's now believed new evidence by AM so I expect it will be covered in the second petition and second opinion. JMO

Lafitte and AM have so much chutzpah. They do these bad things, admit under oath to doing bad things but then feel like they should not be held accountable. Time for this kind of hubris to be jailed with the key thrown away.

I have an awful feeling that there were other players with chutzpah trying to shield wrongdoing at each of their business. We need some sun light in the part of SC.
There are absolutely more criminals/friends/cohorts of AM involved, and I hope they all go DOWN!

Omg p 14/15

Griffin asks CC if Instagram and snapchat are the same thing.

Pause.

Then Tiger Tinsley interjects: that question was so stupid he (CC) didn't know how to answer it.

I ❤️ Tell-it-like-it-is Tinsley.

(jmo)
If I am reading the deposition correctly, the attorney "Griffin" questioning Connor Cook during the deposition is Parker's attorney (Mitch Griffin), not Paul's (and later Alex's) attorney, Jim Griffin, correct?

ETA: I've been corrected. It is Mitch Griffith. Thanks @Smelly Squirrel !

Last edited:
If I am reading the deposition correctly, the attorney "Griffin" questioning Connor Cook during the deposition is Parker's attorney (Mitch Griffin), not Paul's (and later Alex's) attorney, Jim Griffin, correct?

ETA: I've been corrected. It is Mitch Griffith. Thanks @Smelly Squirrel !
I believe MG represented one of the insurance carriers.

More recently, PK Shere, was identified as attorney for Parker’s. MOO

ETA: Nope -- Griffith does indeed represent Parker's.

FOR THE DEFENDANTS - GREGORY M. PARKER, INC.,
d/b/a PARKER'S CORPORATION d/b/a PARKER'S 55

E. MITCHELL GRIFFITH, ESQUIRE
Griffith, Freeman & Liipfert, LLC
Post Office Drawer 570
Beaufort, South Carolina 29902
mgriffith@griffithfreeman.com

Last edited:

Would someone please explain something to me?

I assume Paul was driving Alex's boat, but other than that, what does Alex have to do with it?

Paul was 20, an adult, Alex wasn't even there that night. So why is Alex going to trial for this?

If my adult son drove my car with his friends and went drinking then drove drunk and killed his friend, it is my son who would be charged not both of us.
But you could have a civil lawsuits brought against you as the owner of the vehicle. AM is facing a civil suit, not criminal charges. He is liable as the owner of the boat, his responsibility to be sure whoever is driving it is doing so responsibly. We have an umbrella policy that will cover us in any civil suits.

Last edited:

Hah, that's cute.

Speaking of the chickens, I hadn't noticed (but was sent a screen grab from one of the LE body cams) that the chicken coop looks like the door is open with chickens roaming around. Letting the chickens out with at least one dog (Bubba) out of the kennel could sure lead to distraction and chaos, if someone did that intentionally.

Murdaughchickencoop.jpg

yep, @Katrinepa you’re right on it he’s Connor Cook’s attorney.

Scroll down at link if interested in reading summons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks