SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew Tripp
@DrewTripp

"Absurd" "Oblivious""Insincere" Just a few of the descriptors I've heard for Alex Murdaugh's nearly hourlong soliloquy of an "apology" today at his sentencing hearing.Judge Newman said he heard Murdaugh’s words, but still saw emptiness where he hoped to see true remorse.

4:52 PM · Nov 28, 2023
I can't believe that Judge Newman gave him the floor to go on and on and IMO, off topic.

@MPowersNorrell

I think he’s “complicated” in that it’s hard for a lot of us to understand how his mind works. I really think he’s not capable of some emotions, but he can’t know what he’s never experienced. And he’s taught himself to perform them. He really used to come off as very charming.

5:14 PM · Nov 29, 2023
Possibly, the apple didn't fall far from the tree. AM's father wrote and or published a veiled threat in the form of an obituary to/about his wife. Maybe she was going to leave him. Can you imagine what she lived with while married to him

Possibly, the apple didn't fall far from the tree. AM's father wrote and or published a veiled threat in the form of an obituary to/about his wife. Maybe she was going to leave him. Can you imagine what she lived with while married to him
Was that his father or grandfather? I heard rumblings about that this week and think it might have been "Buster" which I think was AM's grandfather, right?

Was that his father or grandfather? I heard rumblings about that this week and think it might have been "Buster" which I think was AM's grandfather, right?
The fake obit was for Miss Libby, AM’s Mother.

Here is the retraction:

42F919A9-C48F-45C6-B7CE-DF63FB2B8F06.jpeg

Interesting. AM thought he was completely above the law in the low country in South Carolina. Generational narcissism. He was so entrenched in his own super hero head, that thought he could do absolutely anything and get away with it.

It makes me wonder what else he did, that no one has found out.
I'd still like to see him convicted for the murders of Gloria Satterfield, and Buster for Steven Smith, and justice for Mallory Beach's family.

I'm humbled on how the plaintiffs here do not want to be victims and how they can verbalize their heartfelt forgiveness of this evil man, and his predatory behavior.

AM is a liar and a thief and I hate how he recharacterized his behavior!

If nothing more, it's good to see by AM's own behavior during the sentencing that this is indeed a double murderer standing before them!

MOO

ETA: IMO, I believe the words of forgiveness from the the plaintiffs preyed upon by AM cut deeper to somebody like AM than expressing anger and harshness towards him because he knows deep in his soul that he's not worthy of their forgiveness. It's long been said that forgiveness is a gift you give to yourself and I think this case is a good example.

Last edited:
Listening to the sentencing hearing was one surreal time. The victims/prey of this man were incredibly articulate and real. Then, AM speaks and it goes to him, him, him, him and to his family (mentioning every one that he could) that dwarfed the very little focus (IMHO) on the people that he hurt. The fact that he has never said where the money is creates a very vivid picture of the slime that he continues to be.

I can't believe that Judge Newman gave him the floor to go on and on and IMO, off topic.
Check out the discussion in Unsolved South Carolina podcast. Former SC AG Charlie Condon speculates on reasons that Judge Newman didn’t cut off AM, and why Creighton Waters did not object.

Last edited:
I'd still like to see him convicted for the murders of Gloria Satterfield, and Buster for Steven Smith, and justice for Mallory Beach's family.
I have had the same thoughts for a long time but more recently decided there really isn’t evidence — unless there is and we haven’t been told. I just feel certain GS was pushed but I don’t know by whom. MOO.

If you have sources to indicate the people you name as responsible for respective deaths, please share!

I was very bothered by how much the recent documentary on SS (did not watch but heard a lot of it on podcasts) focused on Buster since it’s been stated numerous times he was not involved with the death of SS. I’m not sure what to think of BM personally but all we know for sure right now is he’s a victim — he’s effectively lost his entire nuclear family because Buster’s father will be in jail the rest of his life for murdering his mother and only sibling, among other serious crimes. OMO.

Am I missing something?

Last edited:
I was very bothered by how much the recent documentary on SS (did not watch but heard a lot of it on podcasts) focused on Buster since it’s been stated numerous times he was not involved with the death of SS.
^^rsbm

Attorney EB appeared on Court TV recently and made what I think was a fair statement about BM and the docuseries he participated in. Instead of asking BM if he killed SS, he thinks they should have asked him if he knew anything or had any information about SS's death.

I think it's more likely that BM was at the beach house in Edisto on July 8, 2015 when SS was killed but that does not mean he's not aware of who may have hit SS when he was walking on the road that evening. JMO

I think Judge Newman gave him enough rope to hang himself in the public's eye. AM is a chameleon, turning on/off the fake tears, sympathy and remorse. By allowing him to bloviate for 45 minutes uninterrupted, I think Judge Newman let AM paint the true picture of his colors.

MOO

Reflecting on the defendant’s lengthy presentation in court at sentencing, the word ‘bloviate’ comes to mind.
MOO
I use that word all the time for a Defense counsel in another case here. Hah It's me, Hi, I'm the problem it's me... truer words never spoken (or sung) for AM.

The part of AM’s oration that got me was when he told all his victims he wanted them to know how “bothered” he was by what he had done.
That’s Alex revealing the true depth of his emotional self, or as Judge Newman said, “heartless”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18