GUILTY SC - Matthew Autry, 29 & Shawn David Anderson, 35, in burned vehicle, Socastee Jul 27 2018 *arrest*

The first victim is identified as 35-year-old Shawn David Anderson, originally of Laurens, South Carolina. The second victim has not been identified, officials are still working to confirm the identity of the second victim.

Warrants_reveal_new_details_in_Socastee__0_50180950_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Michael W. Faile, 37, and Zachary Stell, 31, of Myrtle Beach have been charged with two counts of murder. David L. Cook, 44, of Little River and William D. Tatum, 37, of Myrtle Beach are charged with two counts of murder, as well as arson and drug charges.

Socastee murder victim found in burned car identified by coroner

Socastee murder victim found in burned car identified by coroner
Posted: Aug 01, 2018 10:29 AM EDT
Updated: Aug 01, 2018 10:29 AM EDT

SOCASTEE, SC (WBTW) - One of the victims found in a torched vehicle in the Socastee area Friday morning has been identified.

Horry County Deputy Coroner Michell McSpadden says the first victim identified is 35-year-old Shawn David Anderson, originally of Laurens, South Carolina. The second victim has not been identified.

Horry County police arrested and charged four men with murder after the two bodies were found inside a burned vehicle on Butler Road, just off Enterprise Road in Socastee, south of Myrtle Beach.

[...]

The coroner's office says officials are still working to confirm the identity of the second victim, but a timeline was not given.

[...]

Okay - I have been trying to avoid this case, but decided to keep up with it. BUT! I will have to ask for help in looking up court dates, as I can't access this:

SC Judicial Department

I read up thread that all 4 had bond hearings - but no date was given. If anyone can find the next court date, it would be appreciated!

TIA! :)

and @PeterThomasFan some of the links you provided didn't work for me. I clicked but it didn't go "anywhere".... don't know "why". Like the one above in post #20 and #12 & #15.
Does that article maybe have next date? :)

This is what we know about victims, suspects in Socastee double-murder case
July 31, 2018 05:12 PM

Matthew Autry promised to return to Rock Hill for his daughter Jordan’s seventh birthday this Saturday.

“No matter what, no matter how, he was going to be here for her birthday,” his mother, Tracy Baker, told The Sun News.

Autry’s family identified the 29-year-old as one of two victims in last week’s double homicide in Socastee. Arrest warrants describe a brutal death with Autry and another man both shot and stabbed before the car was set on fire.

Jimmy Richardson, 15th Judicial Circuit Solicitor, described the murder as a drug-related killing.

[...]

But we know who the second victim is according to this article.... which I can read! :D

1 more arrested, 2 others wanted in case of bodies found in burned car in Socastee
Aug 14, 2018 03:36 PM EDT6

SOCASTEE, SC (WBTW) - A woman has been arrested and two men are wanted in connection to a case where two bodies were found in a burned car in Socastee.

Captain John Harrelson, with the Horry County Police Department, says Miranda Nicole Owens has been arrested and charged with accessory after the fact to a felony a, b, c, or murder.

J. Reuben Long Detention Center booking records show Owens was booked around 6:30 p.m. on July 30 and released on about $2,500 bond on August 4.

Harrelson also says two others are wanted in the case: Jeret Cox and Shannon Ray Little. Both men are wanted for accessory after the fact to a felony a, b, c, or murder.

[...]

Okay - I have been trying to avoid this case, but decided to keep up with it. BUT! I will have to ask for help in looking up court dates, as I can't access this:

SC Judicial Department

I read up thread that all 4 had bond hearings - but no date was given. If anyone can find the next court date, it would be appreciated!

TIA! :)

and @PeterThomasFan some of the links you provided didn't work for me. I clicked but it didn't go "anywhere".... don't know "why". Like the one above in post #20 and #12 & #15.
Does that article maybe have next date? :)

You're right @Niner. Thanks for pointing that out. The link are malformed. If you right-click, you can copy the link, but it's incorrectly formatted. I suppose I pasted it wrong. Still getting used to forum update.

Here are the correct links...

#12 - Bond denied for four charged in connection to burned bodies found in Socastee

#15 - Drugs, payment for arson and stab wounds: New details released in Socastee murder

#20 - This is what we know about victims, suspects in Socastee double-murder case

I will notify a mod and see if they can update them since I can't.

Second murder victim in Socastee burned car identified
Aug 16, 2018 12:24 PM EDT

SOCASTEE, SC (WBTW) - The Horry County coroner's office says DNA evidence confirms the identity of the second murder victim whose body was found in a burned car in Socastee at the end of July.

Horry County Deputy Coroner Michelle McSpadden says her office received DNA confirmation that Matthew Autry, 29, originally from Kewshaw but living in Myrtle Beach, was the second victim killed and burned in July.

[...]

7th person arrested in Socastee murder-for-hire case

Horry County, S.C. (WPDE) — A seventh person has been arrested in connection to a murder-for-hire case in Socastee last month.

Jeret Cox was located and taken into custody today by the Horry County Police Robbery/Homicide Unit and South Precinct Patrol Officers. He is charged with accessory after the fact a, b, c or murder.

One more suspect, Shannon Ray Little, has yet to be located and faces the same charges.

Can anyone get into Horry County court records? I can't...

If so - any hearing dates for the first 4? or even the last 2?

TIA!

Faile - case #2018A2610201907 Murder no future dates listed
Cook - case#2018A2610201905 Murder no future dates listed
Stell - nothing related to this incident, there are some drug charges pending.
Tatum - case# 2018A2610201910 Murder - no future dates
Little - nothing
Cox - case#2018A2610700763 Bond hearing 11/30 current bond is $15,000 surety.
Owens - case# 2018A2610201953 she bonded out on 8/4/18 $2500 surety

Thanks a bunch MicheleT!

For Owens - I have in my notes:

8/14/18 Update: Arrested – Miranda Nicole Owens () re-arrested & charged (8/13/18) with accessory after the fact to a felony a, b, c, or murder. Records show she was booked 7/30/18 & released on a $2500 bond on 8/4/18.

Yes, she was released on 8/4, but re-arrested on 8/13/18.

I'll make a note on Cox!

edited to add: Do you know how old Owens is? I don't have that & haven't seen it anywhere. THX!

Last edited:
Hey @MicheleT - can I bother you on this case to look it up for everyone but Cox?

That would be Stell, Cook, Owens, Faile, Tatum & Little.

Owens - Prelim hearing on 10/12
Faile - same date as Owens
Looks like there are transfer notices on Faile and Owens, moving from General Session to Central Jury Court.
Cook and Tatum no new dates
Stell - 2018A2610201913 (murder) no new court dates.
I still didn't find anything on Little.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back