Found Deceased SC - Sheridan Wahl, 21, Myrtle Beach, 19 Sep 2021

Was cause of death reported?

No. Autopsy was inconclusive. We're hoping that autopsy will be released.

I'm curious about stomach contents, as that would tell us whether she died shortly after 1 PM on Sept 19, or at 8:45 AM Sept 21. The inconclusive report was not released, so we don't know whether she has any injuries, such as broken bones from a fall. We don't know when she died, although early reports mention discoloured skin. I have no idea when discoloured skin occurs postmortem. Stomach contents would give a timeline in relation to the torched car.

The timeline is tight between facetime call with mom and torched car, but it's doable. It means the car was driven directly from call near the beach to the cornfield 55 miles away.

The question seems to be whether there was time between "safely leaving the area" and being accosted by a stranger who torched the car within the hour. That's where the timeline falls apart.

Did she pick up a hitchhiker who decided to harm her and torch the car? Did she stop at the fire station to think, and she met two people who injured her, drove her car 10 miles farther down the road, torched the car, and circled back to her? Would she know how to torch the car? Was it an accident where she decided to plough through a cornfield, crashed, and the car caught fire? She then wandered lost for a day, climbed the water tower and fell? Does this death require more people, or is this something that Sheridan did herself? The tight timeline supports the possibility that Sheridan did this alone - although it's a very strange thing to do without some sort of mental break.
any possibility someone could have followed her in another car and forced her to pull over, or she was being chased in car and she drove through field?

Last edited:
No. Autopsy was inconclusive. We're hoping that autopsy will be released.

I'm curious about stomach contents, as that would tell us whether she died shortly after 1 PM on Sept 19, or at 8:45 AM Sept 21. The inconclusive report was not released, so we don't know whether she has any injuries, such as broken bones from a fall. We don't know when she died, although early reports mention discoloured skin. I have no idea when discoloured skin occurs postmortem. Stomach contents would give a timeline in relation to the torched car.

I feel compelled to make this post. A young woman is mysteriously dead - every scenario, no matter how far-fetched or perhaps distasteful, must be entertained and examined. JMO

"... [MBPD] determined that Wahl had left our jurisdiction safely."

This maddening, cryptic statement begs a hundred more questions. The ONLY way MBPD could have made this statement is if an officer(s) had personal contact with and first-hand knowledge of SW's actions and movements. Who determined she was "safe"? When? Where? How? Why? Yet no incident report was made of any such (pre-death) contact; the sole incident report is the missing person report filed after her mother called MBPD.

What if a murderer is hiding in plain sight?

What if LE was responsible for SW's disappearance and death?

SW was a VERY attractive young woman. Somehow, somewhere, she landed on LE radar before her death.

WHAT IF a police officer involved in that contact with SW followed her from the scooter store, out of MB city limits, onto Hwy 378? At that point, she was not missing and NO police incident report had been made regarding her. Just a cop(s) and SW on the same highway, under the radar, so to speak. Easy enough for LE to flash his lights and pull her over. Handcuff her and put her in the back of his police cruiser. Leave her while he drove her car to that cornfield, removed the license plate and torched it. Return to his cruiser, take her off somewhere else ... and 42 hours later she's found dead at the FD training tower. We don't how long or short a time she had been there before being found. A MBPD cop car certainly would not be out of place or suspicious parked at a Fire Station (or anywhere), day or night.

Hiding in plain sight.

JMO

I feel compelled to make this post. A young woman is mysteriously dead - every scenario, no matter how far-fetched or perhaps distasteful, must be entertained and examined. JMO

This maddening, cryptic statement begs a hundred more questions. The ONLY way MBPD could have made this statement is if an officer(s) had personal contact with and first-hand knowledge of SW's actions and movements. Who determined she was "safe"? When? Where? How? Why? Yet no incident report was made of any such (pre-death) contact; the sole incident report is the missing person report filed after her mother called MBPD.

SW was a VERY attractive young woman. Somehow, somewhere, she landed on LE radar before her death.

WHAT IF a police officer involved in that contact with SW followed her from the scooter store, out of MB city limits, onto Hwy 378? At that point, she was not missing and NO police incident report had been made regarding her. Just a cop(s) and SW on the same highway, under the radar, so to speak. Easy enough for LE to flash his lights and pull her over. Handcuff her and put her in the back of his police cruiser. Leave her while he drove her car to that cornfield, removed the license plate and torched it. Return to his cruiser, take her off somewhere else ... and 42 hours later she's found dead at the FD training tower. We don't how long or short a time she had been there before being found. A MBPD cop car certainly would not be out of place or suspicious parked at a Fire Station (or anywhere), day or night.

Hiding in plain sight.

JMO

I'm inclined to think that CCTV was used to determine that she safely left the area. It wouldn't take long to figure it out since investigators knew the window of time was between 1 - 2 PM on Sept 19. They knew where she was at 1 PM and where her car ended up at 2 PM.

I don't think knowing that she left the area safely required any contact with police prior to the discovery of her car.

I was thinking it’s also possible she was already driving away from MB when she FaceTimed her mother since it hasn’t been nailed down that she was definitely at the scooter business when she made the call.

It has been nailed down that, according to her mother, Sheridan was at 303C S. Ocean Blvd. during the FaceTime call.

All caps is how the report is written.

"THE COMPLAINANT SAID THAT THE VICTIM CAME TO MYRTLE BEACH TO VISIT HER FATHER. THE COMP SAID THAT SHE DIDN`T GO TO HER FATHER`S HOUSE. THE COMP SAID THAT SHE FACE TIMED WITH HER DAUGHTER AROUND1300 HOURS AND SHE WAS AT 303C S. OCEAN BLVD THE RENT ME SUPERSTORE. COMP. SAID THE VICTIM WAS TRYING TO RENT A SCOOTER AND WAS REFUSED SINCE SHE DIDN`T HAVE ON SHOES. THE COMP SAID THAT THE VICTIM TOLD HER SHE WAS COMING HOME. COMP STATED THAT SHE TOLD THE VICTIM TO STAY THE NIGHT AND NOT TRY TO MAKE THE LONG DRIVE. THE COMP SAID THAT SHE HASN`T BEEN ABLE TO REACH HER SINCE. SHESAID WHEN SHE TRIES CALLING IT GOES STRAIGHT TO VOICE MAIL.THE COMP SAID THE VICTIM`S FATHER AND A FRIEND HAVE BEEN RIDING IN THE AREA TRYING TO FIND HER ALLDAY.INVESTIGATION IS ON GOING."
https://www.scribd.com/document/526938845/Sheridan-Wahl-Missing-Person-Report

It has been nailed down that, according to her mother, Sheridan was at 303C S. Ocean Blvd. during the FaceTime call.

All caps is how the report is written.

"THE COMPLAINANT SAID THAT THE VICTIM CAME TO MYRTLE BEACH TO VISIT HER FATHER. THE COMP SAID THAT SHE DIDN`T GO TO HER FATHER`S HOUSE. THE COMP SAID THAT SHE FACE TIMED WITH HER DAUGHTER AROUND1300 HOURS AND SHE WAS AT 303C S. OCEAN BLVD THE RENT ME SUPERSTORE. COMP. SAID THE VICTIM WAS TRYING TO RENT A SCOOTER AND WAS REFUSED SINCE SHE DIDN`T HAVE ON SHOES. THE COMP SAID THAT THE VICTIM TOLD HER SHE WAS COMING HOME. COMP STATED THAT SHE TOLD THE VICTIM TO STAY THE NIGHT AND NOT TRY TO MAKE THE LONG DRIVE. THE COMP SAID THAT SHE HASN`T BEEN ABLE TO REACH HER SINCE. SHESAID WHEN SHE TRIES CALLING IT GOES STRAIGHT TO VOICE MAIL.THE COMP SAID THE VICTIM`S FATHER AND A FRIEND HAVE BEEN RIDING IN THE AREA TRYING TO FIND HER ALLDAY.INVESTIGATION IS ON GOING."
Would be helpful to know if she was at that location for the entire duration of the facetime call. Some part of the facetime call occurred there, but how long did the call last and was she in transit during any part of it. Would help with understanding this very tight timeline vis a vis car and body locations.

Would be helpful to know if she was at that location for the entire duration of the facetime call. Some part of the facetime call occurred there, but how long did the call last and was she in transit during any part of it. Would help with understanding this very tight timeline vis a vis car and body locations.

Since it's facetime, and it's coming from her mother - who will presumably provide accurate information in the missing person report - I'm assuming that her mother could see where she was during the call. Omitting information about their last facetime communication would not be helpful.

The report says that the facetime call occurred "around" 1 PM, so perhaps it was 12:50 PM.

The timeline is tight between facetime call with mom and torched car, but it's doable. It means the car was driven directly from call near the beach to the cornfield 55 miles away.

The question seems to be whether there was time between "safely leaving the area" and being accosted by a stranger who torched the car within the hour. That's where the timeline falls apart.

Did she pick up a hitchhiker who decided to harm her and torch the car? Did she stop at the fire station to think, and she met two people who injured her, drove her car 10 miles farther down the road, torched the car, and circled back to her? Would she know how to torch the car? Was it an accident where she decided to plough through a cornfield, crashed, and the car caught fire? She then wandered lost for a day, climbed the water tower and fell? Does this death require more people, or is this something that Sheridan did herself? The tight timeline supports the possibility that Sheridan did this alone - although it's a very strange thing to do without some sort of mental break.

I drive to MB once a year from Upstate SC. The traffic in the off-season, first week of December, is constant at the time of day SW would have been traveling on 378. I’m sure it’s the same and more the day that she was traveling through. I can’t imagine a scenario where she would wreck her car and start walking back towards MB without being seen by someone and assistance offered if she needed it.
Although, anything is possible.

I'm inclined to think that CCTV was used to determine that she safely left the area. It wouldn't take long to figure it out since investigators knew the window of time was between 1 - 2 PM on Sept 19. They knew where she was at 1 PM and where her car ended up at 2 PM.

I don't think knowing that she left the area safely required any contact with police prior to the discovery of her car.

But CCTV only goes so far. Anything out of view of cameras is still a mystery. I would have to assume that CCTV cannot capture every person's / car's actions and movements within the entire MBPD "jurisdiction", 24.5 sq miles.

Hiding in plain sight.

JMO

I think that “left safely” means, simply, was alive when she drove out of the city.

But it doesn’t close the MB connection.

She drove to MB. What happened there? Did she go to dad, but the door was locked? Could she still have seen dad, but briefly? Who is his friend mentioned in the story?

She walked into the scooter place. Was there camera in it? What about the parking lot?

To me, what really is strange is that the calls went to VM. Most people use phone when driving, if only for navigation. She drove away from Tampa. Did she know that area, or made a mistake? It is so unusual to switch off the phone when driving.

But CCTV only goes so far. Anything out of view of cameras is still a mystery. I would have to assume that CCTV cannot capture every person's / car's actions and movements within the entire MBPD "jurisdiction", 24.5 sq miles.

I feel like LE's statement about her leaving the area safely is intentionally vague. Is the mother the source of this info? If so, how exactly does the mom know? Did cctv record her? Or just her car? Or both? Did a plate reader catch her car leaving? Was she herself seen leaving? Or just the vehicle? So many interpretations of the statement. I also think LE is intentionally ommitting details such as length of facetime call, autopsy results, etc. Can only guess they must have a good reason and some idea of people involved.

A list of traffic cams is posted upthread. I'm sure she was seen on one of them.

I think that “left safely” means, simply, was alive when she drove out of the city.

But it doesn’t close the MB connection.

She drove to MB. What happened there? Did she go to dad, but the door was locked? Could she still have seen dad, but briefly? Who is his friend mentioned in the story?

She walked into the scooter place. Was there camera in it? What about the parking lot?

To me, what really is strange is that the calls went to VM. Most people use phone when driving, if only for navigation. She drove away from Tampa. Did she know that area, or made a mistake? It is so unusual to switch off the phone when driving.

BBM

Per the missing person report that I posted earlier today, she did not go to her father's house.

What story and what friend? Do you have a link?

Which calls went to voice mail? Calls from her mother to Sheridan on the afternoon of Sept 19, after the car was torched?

BBM

Per the missing person report that I posted earlier today, she did not go to her father's house.

What story and what friend? Do you have a link?

Which calls went to voice mail? Calls from her mother to Sheridan on the afternoon of Sept 19, after the car was torched?

I read that her father with a friend were looking for Sheridan all over the MB.

As to the calls, the mother said that the ft was the last conversation, and after that, calls went to vm.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back