GUILTY SC - Shooting reported at Townville Elementary, Jacob Hall, 6, killed, Sept 2016

Interesting new detail in this article about JO's charges being upgraded.

According to authorities, the 14-year-old fatally shot his 47-year-old father, Jeffrey Dewitt Osborne, multiple times as he sat on a couch in their home last week on Osborne Road.

BBM. This indicates possibly an "ambush" type shooting, rather than a violent confrontation, IMO.

And the charges have been upgraded for JO:

More charges have been filed in connection with the shootings at Townville Elementary School, the Solicitor's Office said Monday evening.

One of the attempted murder charges was upgraded to murder following the death of 6-year-old Jacob Hall, Solicitor Chrissy Adams said. Authorities also filed a new attempted murder charge after another child victim was identified, Adams said.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...iled-townville-elementary-shootings/91496904/

I sincerely hope he's charged as an adult. Such calculating and brutal actions --J.O.'s pretty much established who and what he is. I don't think he'll really change.
:moo:

I looked back in this thread and it seems the funeral for the father was completely overlooked:Funeral held for S.C. school shooting suspect's fatherhttp://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-sc-school-shooting-suspects-father/91447648/
“TOWNVILLE, S.C. — Jeffrey Osborne, the 47-year-old father of the teen accused of shooting him and then three people at Townville Elementary School on Wednesday, was laid to rest Sunday afternoon in this quiet rural community.Osborne, who owned a poultry farm near Townville was remembered as an avid motorcyclist and a good neighbor.More than dozen bikers gathered in the parking lot outside the church on Sunday, among Osborne’s friends and neighbors who mourned.Neighbors Dwain and Shelia Brown came to the church Sunday to pay their respects. They live near the Osborne family on Jolly Road. Dwain Brown described Jeffrey Osborne as a big-hearted and kind man who allowed hunters to use his land.”​
More. Considered a pillar of the community.

RE looked back in this thread and it seems the funeral for the father was completely overlooked: My first reaction was humm that is true. Then I went off on my little internal tirade . Very small community. Folks in a community like that I would imagine would see (probably both the and child around town, looking hurt. NEighbers no family violence is going on. I imagine might not have been to pleaant idiv when intoxicated.

Myabe just cuase he is a minor ( I tuly hope this is the case) they cant release that child services were invovned , and that there were mutiple reports over peroids of time, regarding what had been going on.Induriates me, I dont know maybe just casue its a small town, but that ought not to translate domestic abuse occuring . I would also imagine that LE might have some inclinations (the males ones) that is Billy Bops business if he wants to hit his wife or kid if she did not have his beer ready, or the child was misbehaving. RUral / religous, sexist stuff. Man is leader of home all the cra*

. IMO, this is not an evil kid - he was lashing out , about what IMO, is child abuse, and in a small town probably pretty hard (cept granmother) to find someone who would try to intervene on his behalf.A 12 year bringing hatchets and knives to carve up some peers is pretty indicitve that much is going on behind doors.The ones that must take some portion of resposibilty are the big people that interacted with this little person, ignored, did not want to get involved.

There is info in the fact that he called gma in his final call - IMO says tons about the dynamics/horrors that might have been occuring We all are aware that people who physically attack "loved ones" dont do it once or twice. SO the the fact that there were only a couple of arrests and charges certainly do not translate to this was an isolated happening behind closed doors.

I think much will come out (maybe?) about these concerns..........specualting but there is more to the story than some "evil" 12 year old starts (before expulsion) coming to school with hatchet instead of books (or laptops I suppose

Sad story all the way around

Saw this article today - http://time.com/5146827/townville-school-shooting-trial/
Hearing is currently going on to determine if he will be tried as an adult or minor.

[FONT=&quot]The teenager who shot and killed a child on a South Carolina school yard cried and apologized afterward and said it was a good thing his gun jammed before he could shoot more children, a detective testified Monday.

[/FONT]

I got curious about how many school shooters are 14 or younger and I also wondered what happens to them after.

I was not expecting to find so many.

It's heartbreaking to see the damage they do to others (I don't like to think about it but I would be wrecked if something happened to my kid). But it's also sad to see how many of them kill themselves. It's frustrating how they take other victims with them (why??? Why hurt so many others?) but it's also sad to think kids that young have given up on life.

One thing for sure after going through these - they can happen anywhere.

This list is brought to you courtesy of insomnia and curiosity.

1982: Jason Price Rocha, 14, 1 dead.
(Tried as an adult and sentenced to twelve years, plus one year of parole.)

1983: Eighth grade David F. Lawler, 2 dead, 1 injured
(suicide)

1984: Tyrone Mitchell (elementary school), 2 dead, 12 injured

1985: James Alan Kearbey, 14, 1 dead 3 injured

1985: Heather Smith, 14, 2 dead plus suicide 1985

1985 Floyd Warmsley, 14, 1 killed 1 injured (he'd been suspended)

1986: Kristofer Hans 1986, 14, 1 dead, 3 injured (charged as adult)

1987: Nathan Ferris, 12, 2 dead
(suicide) (teased)

1989: Unnamed boy, 12, Fired at vice principal

1990: Unnamed white youth, 1 injured
( there were three) shot and injured 14yo black youth (this one is odd because they were the ones taunting him but then they shot him. It seems most cases are the opposite.)

1992: Unnamed youth, 14
In custody for shooting three middle school students (vague but kind of like this one.)

1992: Jason Bentley, 14, 1 dead

1994:!Jason Osmanson, 10 , 1 dead.
( He was teased because his parents have AIDS!)

1994: Jeremy Bryant, 14, 1 dead

1995: Keith E. Johnson, 14, 1 dead

1996: Barry Loukaitis, 14 , 3 dead, 1 injured
(life sentence)

1996: Willis Ward Johnson, 14, 1 dead

1997: Tronneal Mangum, 14, 1 dead
(during an argument about a $40 debt)

1997: Brandon Hartsoe , 13, 1 injured
(in jail until he turns 18)

1997: Michael Carneald, 14, 3 injured, 5 dead
(life sentence)

1997: Joseph "Colt" Todd, 14, 3 injured

1998: Mitchell Johnson, 13, Andrew Golden, 11
This is weird: killed 5, wounded 10 after Golden intentionally set off a fire alarm.

1998: Andrew Wurst, 14, 1 dead, 2 wounded
at a dance fatally shot 48-year-old teacher.
(Sentenced 30 to 60 years in a prison for young offenders.).

1998:!Quinshawn Brooked, 14, 0 dead, 2 injured

1999: Victor Cordova Jr.,13, 1 dead

1999: Seth Trickey, 13, 6 injured

2000: Dedrick Owens, 6, 1 dead
Yes - 6. He's the youngest

2000: Nathaniel Brazill, 13, 1 dead

2000: Darrel Johnson, and Alfred Anderson 13, 2 injured
(initially charged w/attempted second-degree murder Both were shot with the same gun. (I guess that means murder-suicide?)

2001: Elizabeth Catherine Bush, 14, 1 injured
(teased, and had depression)

2003: James Sheets, 14, 2 dead

2005: Jason Clinard, 14, 1 dead
(life sentence)

2006: Vincent Wayne Leodoro, 14, 1 injured
(prison until agen25)

2005: James Scott Newman 14, 1 injured
(charged as adult, pleaded and got house arrest until he completes 200 hours community service)

2006: Thomas White, 13 - fired one shot nobody was hit
(tried as adult, got 10 years)
^seems excessive compared to the others.

2007: Asa H. Coon, 14, 1 killed, 4 injured
(suicide)

2008: Brandon McInerney, 14, 1 dead
(pleaded guilty, 21 years)

2010: Hammad Memon, 14,? 1 dead
(30 years, and likely deportation)

2011: Unnamed make, 14, 1 injured
(2 other suspects but no other info)

2012: Unnamed student, 14 (0 dead, 0 injured
(Charged with 16 felonies?)

2013: Unnamed male, 14 (?), 2 injured
(charged w/aggravated assault)

2013: Jose Reyes, 12, 2 dead, 2 wounded
(suicide)

2014: Mason Campbell, 12, 3 injured
(juvenile detention until 21)

2016: James Austin, 14,!4 injured

2016: Unnamed female, 14, 1 injured, 2 dead
(suicide)

Wow, I didn't realize the list would end up being this long. I hope it's okay!

BBM

Police: 1998 Arkansas school shooter killed in crash

July 28, 2019

"JONESBORO, Ark. (AP) — A man who was 11 years old in 1998 when he and a friend fatally shot four students and a teacher at their Arkansas middle school has died in a crash on a northeastern Arkansas highway, the State Police said.

Drew Grant, 33, who had legally changed his name from Andrew Golden and had been living in Jackson, Missouri, died at around 9 p.m. Saturday, television station KAIT reported. The vehicle he was driving crashed head-on into another vehicle on Highway 167 near Cave City, which is about 100 miles (160 kilometers) north of Little Rock.

The driver of the second vehicle, identified as Daniel Petty, 59, of Essex, Missouri, was also killed in the crash, according to a State Police preliminary summary of the wreck...

Golden and Mitchell Johnson, who were 11 and 13 respectively, set off a fire alarm on March 24, 1998 and shot at people as they evacuated from Westside Middle School in Jonesboro, which is about 120 miles (193 kilometers) northeast of Little Rock.

Killed were 12-year-olds Paige Herring and Stephanie Johnson, 11-year-olds Brittney Varner and Natalie Brooks and teacher Shannon Wright. In 2017, a judge presiding over a lawsuit filed by the victims’ families awarded them $150 million in damages.
Golden and Johnson were tried as juveniles and were expected to remain in custody until the age of 21, in accordance with Arkansas law at the time. Johnson was released in 2005, and Golden was released in 2007. Because they were tried as juveniles, their records were sealed."

Police: 1998 Arkansas school shooter killed in crash
---

Mitchell Johnson and Andrew Golden

"Mitchell Scott Johnson (born August 11, 1984) and Andrew Douglas Golden (May 25, 1986 – July 27, 2019) are former middle school students and the 13 and 11 year old perpetrators, respectively, of the massacre on March 24, 1998, at Westside Middle School in unincorporated Craighead County, Arkansas near the city of Jonesboro.[1] Johnson and Golden fatally shot four students and a teacher with multiple weapons, and both were arrested when they attempted to flee the scene. Ten others were wounded in the shooting. Both Golden and Johnson were charged with the five murders and 10 injuries that were caused by the shooting, and were imprisoned until each turned 21 years of age. After the University of Texas tower shooting (which left 17 dead) and together with the Stockton schoolyard shooting and the University of Iowa shooting (both of which left five dead), the massacre was the second deadliest school shooting[2] in recent U.S. history until the April 1999 Columbine High School massacre...."

Mitchell Johnson and Andrew Golden - Wikipedia
---

Andrew Golden 4 27 00

DZEMDB3U8AA629s.jpg:large

ZSNEPMZI63HZPDQQO5Z3Q4N4NQ.jpg

Two psychiatrists disagree over the extent to which a teen who killed a first-grader on a South Carolina school playground can be rehabilitated.

A judge heard the conflicting testimony during the second day of Osborne’s sentencing hearing.

Can teen school shooter be rehabilitated? Experts disagree

Osborne pleaded guilty to two counts of murder for killing his father, then shooting at the Townville Elementary School playground, killing 6-year-old Jacob Hall in September 2016. He faces 30 years to life.

Osborne himself asked for a chance at life outside a prison cell, apologizing to the family of 6-year-old Jacob Hall who he killed and everyone at the school that day.

“I would just like to say sorry to every single one of them. Because my evil actions hurt their lives,” Osborne said. “I’m just going to try to better myself in the Department of Corrections the rest of my life.

But the teacher whose class was having recess, the parent of a wounded child, the father of the student celebrating his birthday, the superintendent who saw the bloodstained class rug and the school principal all said at Monday's hearing at the Anderson County Courthouse that they don't want to ever see Osborne out of prison.

Principal Denise Fredericks recognized Osborne as he paced outside Townville Elementary School with a backpack full of ammunition for 12 minutes after his gun jammed before police arrived to arrest him. Osborne had been a student there for seven years.

“I do wish Jesse a life where he can wake up, breathe, eat, work, be productive — but not outside the walls of a prison,” Fredericks said. “In my opinion, his current sentence is still so, so much more merciful than the sentence he gave to Jacob and our school family.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back