SC - Stephen Smith, 19, homicide, Hampton Co, 9 Jul 2015 *new death investigation 2023*

Sounds like Stephen had been greatly tormented in his young, short life. If you're just one of those who are afraid of the unknown or darkness , the woods wouldn't be a place to hide. If you're fearful from others hurtful judgement, you would run from the roadway and hide in the woods. It's so horrible this kid was so fearful.

"He called his sister one night he ran out of gas and he hid in the woods and would not come out until he was sure it was her. We know for a fact it was not a hit and run. Stephen would not have been in the roadway," said Sandy

Lowcountry mom's first Thanksgiving without son
The reports also say Stephen had his car key and phone with him, but left his wallet in his car. No reasonable person runs out of gas and leaves his wallet in the car he has abandoned by the side of the highway to go get gas and/or help or walk home.

But, it wouldn't be unusual for someone who was meeting someone he didn't fully trust to leave his wallet locked in the glove compartment or console (or some other secure spot) in his parked car at the place where they are meeting if it is a more private location.

Minor editing.

Last edited:
I think the Beach girl was thrown out of a small Sea Hunt boat which is a small fishing boat, probably why Beach was sitting on the floor, its for fishing out of rather than for seating guests.
I do remember reading that boat was one of two Paul's father had. I don't know if the other was bigger and fit for deep sea jaunts.

SLED agent Michael Moscal told the investigator about trace evidence found on Smith’s clothing consisting of around 10 1mm single layer blue paint chips, the report states. Moscal said while he needed more paint chips to pinpoint a particular vehicle, a computer database indicated the paint could be from an industrial tool, dumpster or sign post. He also said Toyota used this particular paint on its vehicles from 1982 to 1988, the report states.

Investigative reports reveal search for clues in reopened 2015 hit-and-run case

Are you referring to the stepson? This was a group of three that someone called in the tip about and it mentioned all three names including Buster M.
No, not the stepson phone call.
The article with the LE reports above that mentioned the 3 possible guys, one being possibly a Murdaugh son.

Last edited:
Can I throw out a question? Stephen Smith was completely sober the night he was hit. How does a person who is sober get hit on the road by “the mirror of a vehicle” but yet the injury sustained from this “accident” is on the front of the head. Above his right eye is what I remember reading. So, it would have to be an oncoming vehicle that a totally sober individual didn’t see coming while presumably walking after running out of gas and yet his shoes remained on as well. A frontal injury?? Anyone have any theories how this even makes sense??

Can I throw out a question? Stephen Smith was completely sober the night he was hit. How does a person who is sober get hit on the road by “the mirror of a vehicle” but yet the injury sustained from this “accident” is on the front of the head. Above his right eye is what I remember reading. So, it would have to be an oncoming vehicle that a totally sober individual didn’t see coming while presumably walking after running out of gas and yet his shoes remained on as well. A frontal injury?? Anyone have any theories how this even makes sense??

It doesn’t make sense. Look at the reports made and you will see the arguments made regarding it.

It doesn't make sense.

It doesn't make sense. Many police at the scene have also said no signs of a hit and run. Medical personnel at the scene also stated homicide. I want to know the particulars of how RM wound up at the scene. That's a big question I have.

Is News Nation show "Banfield" with Ashley Banfield allowed as a link to information? My post about RM was deleted because I had no link and I'd like to provide one.

Edit: Sorry that was a different post, different case deleted...but I would like to post Banfield show that mentions RM if allowed.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back