SC - Stephen Smith, 19, homicide, Hampton Co, 9 Jul 2015 *new death investigation 2023*

I borrowed this photo. It is a good representation of how my side view mirror (glass part only), looks on my pickup truck after striking the oncoming mirror of another pickup truck on a narrow bridge. If it had been a human head, they would be dead and no glass or parts of the sideview mirror would have been left at the scene.
View attachment 469574
Totally agree.

I've tried to keep up with this case, especially with SS and EB appearing on TV periodically, and don't think I have missed much, if any. But I have to think and wonder about where they're at with it and what is the hold up or brick wall? If they're waiting on a confession, the case is back at square 1, IMO. After the "trial" there was a big announcement and lots of coverage about knowing something by Labor Day but crickets. Sigh.

FITSNews sued over mistaken 'person of interest' in Stephen Smith case. 'We apologized.'​

The Alex Murdaugh crime saga has become a tangled web indeed, weaving and interweaving a tight cast of characters into one new storyline after another, and the latest lawsuit adds another strand to this amazing true crime web.

Mark Tinsley, an Allendale attorney who represented several of Murdaugh's victims and gave key testimony during the disbarred Hampton lawyer's 2023 double murder trial, has now filed a lawsuit against a South Carolina media outlet that has covered the Murdaugh crime saga from the beginning — but this suit relates to the ongoinginvestigation into the 2015 death of Stephen Smith.

The personal injury suit was filed by Tinsley and Columbia, S.C., attorney Brendan J. Green on Tuesday, Feb. 6, in Hampton County Court of Common Pleas on behalf of Austin Stanley, a resident of Hampton County, against FITSNews LLC and its founding editor, William "Will" Folks III.

[…]

“When they reopened I was super excited," SS said. "Here it is a year later, and I know no more today than I did that day. The only thing SLED has told me is they're dedicated to this case.”
Smith's body was exhumed in March 2023. At that point, a second autopsy was performed. Still, details from that autopsy remain sealed.

I get hopeful that our public is aware sometimes. In this case I think that S. Carolina has been using Steven's case as a propellant politicly . Its an abstract deflective investigation that involves so much money and insurance liabilities .
He has to be a scape goat for all the fraud , lies and behavior . His level of confidence ,matched with his admissions, and forged shame speak so many messages in its raw form that its disgusting , I cannot wait until all his other sleezy peers go down as well.

On the heels of Murdaugh’s federal sentencing hearing for bilking millions of dollars from his clients, journalist NG, co-author of "Behind The Doors of Justice: The Murdaugh Murders," donated to foundations established through the Community Foundation of the Lowcountry to honor Stephen Smith and Gloria Satterfield, and he’s pledging to donate even more to charities benefitting crime victims’ families.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back