SC - Two Arrested After Children Test Positive For Meth

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by Reader, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Reader

Reader New Member

2. Loading...

3. fhc

fhc New Member

The little foster girl I take care of tested positive for meth in her hair from exposure from the mother's use. Hopefully, these children didn't have it in their system. Prayers for all four children :(

4. Jan

Jan New Member

That's terrible. Why in the world do people get into that stuff and destroy not only their own lives but their children's lives as well? Can't they see from the examples of others that drugs aren't good for them and won't do anything but ruin their lives and get them in trouble with the law.

5. ArianeEmory

ArianeEmory I know the pieces fit

What prompts LE to test kids for drugs?

6. Reader

Reader New Member

Good question. I've looked for more information but that is the only article I've seen so far. Very curious also about how LE got involved. Did someone report the parents; were the children sick from the drugs and taken to the hospital and tested there?

I'm glad they are out of the situation now at least. This could have been fatal for all 4 children.

7. wendybtn

wendybtn Well-Known Member

It is not an intellectual problem. It is an emotional/psychological problem. If knowledge stopped alcoholism and drug abuse, no smart, intelligent people would be alcoholics or addicts. And we know that is not the case.

8. wendybtn

wendybtn Well-Known Member

A pediatrician could have screened a urine sample during a visit, prompted by some subtle signs the pediatrician noticed on a physical exam. MD's are required reporters of abuse and neglect.