Scattering of human remains

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by shwa, Nov 17, 2007.

1. shwa

shwa New Member

2. Loading...

3. Elphaba

Elphaba Defying Gravity...

Perhaps the person for which the ashes came from, loved the ride? What an odd place to do it, indeed, but the lady insists it was baby powder. ( And as we all know, you haven't lived till you have gotten rid of your baby powder on a cool Disney ride. ;) )

What ever it is, she didn't mean any harm in it... I know if a dear close friend or family member wanted their ashes scattered at a certain place, I would try to fulfill their wish.

For me, I have opted to be cremated when I die, with specific instructions to scatter my remains in 2 parts: On Mauna kea and the other half in Ireland. After hearing about this, it got me to looking stuff up... I never realized that there were huge restrictions on where remains can be scattered, in some places.

4. dingo

dingo Former Member

Ewwwwwwww...I dont think Id like to be standing under the ride..breathing in dead people cant be good for you.

5. aussie_mum

aussie_mum New Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's the funniest thing I have heard in an age! Thanks!!

6. CaliKid

CaliKid Former Member

According to the news, the Disney Haunted House used to be the place of choice, but now it's the revamped Pirates ride.

7. dingo

dingo Former Member

:p :blowkiss:

8. Mr. E

Mr. E New Member

Yet another good reason not to drink the water in theme park rides.

9. hipmamajen

hipmamajen I love the friends I have gathered together on thi

:sick:

I don't really see the problem with scattering human remains, as long as there aren't any pieces that might be recognizable and either disturb people or spark a criminal investigation. The remains are sterile.

10. Elphaba

Elphaba Defying Gravity...

A lot of people are under the impression that ashes from a crematorium, are just that: ashes. Some are surprised to find the ashes have small bone fragments in them.

11. KatK

KatK Former Member

Well, but scattered from a talcum powder bottle I'd say they were sifted pretty well, and probably no bone fragments were dispersed given the small size of the holes, don't you think? I told the Mr. that when I die, I want a small part of my ashes to be scattered at a certain spot, I don't think there'd be any problems with him scattering them there, (other than the trouble to travel there) it isn't a high traffic place. Certainly not a Worldwide popular amusement park ride!

12. dingo

dingo Former Member

I dont care how sterile or how powder like they are..I do not want to be breathing them in..I think the dumpees are rude..imo:)

13. KatK

KatK Former Member

The Mr. would be very careful in the scattering, probably stoop down and sprinkle so they didn't make a dust cloud, to be sure they go where I want them to go. I told him a teaspoon's worth would be adequate. Again, it's not in a public place, it's out in nature that I want them scattered, a spot I'd go to as a child to be in Nature, poke around and look at the creatures, eat berries, or think.

14. dingo

dingo Former Member

Scattering ashes is fine by me..my hubby is going out this way....but it will be done on a still day:p