School gets check, note for '73 vandalism

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by mysteriew, Dec 23, 2005.

1. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

vandal's conscience has gnawed at him for decades. Shull Elementary School received a $2,500 cashier's check with a three-sentence unsigned note confessing to vandalizing the school 32 years ago. It was addressed to Principal Chris Ann Horsley.
    "Approximately 32 years ago, myself and a group of local kids broke into a classroom and vandalized the room terribly. I have felt guilty for far too long and want to give something back to the school that I personally took from. I am sorry for any grief that I caused anyone at that time," the note read.

It was signed: "A Regretful Baby-Boomer."

The school, which opened in 1960, doesn't have records dating back to 1973, Horsley said. But second grade teacher Delphine Kiser, who has worked at Shull for 33 years, remembers a break-in into her classroom during her early years.
    http://dwb.newsobserver.com/24hour/weird/story/3000316p-11683813c.html

2. Loading...

3. poco

poco A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.

That's great. Your conscious (if you have one) can really wreak havoc with you sometimes.....