School Sends Girl With Anti-Islam Shirt Home

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by Spangle, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Spangle

Spangle New Member

http://www.wftv.com/news/20545179/detail.html

The girl states that she figured she would get sent home because of the shirt.. so it's not like she didn't know there was a problem with the shirt.

My county went to uniforms. I'm soooo glad. The whole k-12 wears uniforms. This is the second year for the whole county. It went so smoothly, not all the screaming and shouting one would think. Not a problem.

2. Loading...

3. Angels_Not_Forgotten

Angels_Not_Forgotten Anxiously Awaiting a WINNING NFL Season!

um, she's 10. I highly doubt this girl bought the shirt herself. I can't believe the parents would allow her to wear it! ugh...

4. Spangle

Spangle New Member

Her dad is a Preacher, and it sounds like the comment is one being used by the church he preaches at.

5. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

Peeling the onion:

http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=80398
    08/26/2009 07:08 AM

The young lady's father is here:
    http://www.dwocacademy.com/

On HLN it was reported that her parents (the Pastor of the church) had the option of having her change her shirt or go home for the day. They chose to take her home.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/...ts-wear--Islam-of-the-Devil--shirts-to-school
    Last Modified: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 8:14 p.m.

* Jones is senior Pastor at the church.

And there you have it. IMHO it's not about freedom of speech, it's not about children's rights, it's about spreading the message of this particular church.

6. Angels_Not_Forgotten

Angels_Not_Forgotten Anxiously Awaiting a WINNING NFL Season!

well he certainly got the publicity at the expense of his daughters education, yes one day, but really? man, just whatever on this one.

7. Snick1946

Snick1946 Active Member

My son's Middle School doesn't even permit shirts with sport team logos to be worn to school. I think that's a bit extreme- there is no gang issue there- but honor it and the ones he has he wears elsewhere. This is not about freedom of speech- it's about the girl's father trying to get cheap publicity. I hope the school sticks to their guns but it's sad school tax dollars have to be wasted on this obvious nonsense.

8. Kymistry35

Kymistry35 It's never to late to be who you could have been

I can't stand it when people use religion to spread the message of hate and intolerance. That "pastor" makes me sick.

9. txsvicki

txsvicki Active Member

I wonder why this pastor doesn't have the girl in a private church school. If he can't get one going, then it would seem like he could get her into one instead of using her to make the point. Lots of denominations don't jive with Islam teachings, so I don't get what he's doing or what public school has to do with it. They have their own agenda and it's not religion. I accidentally sent my grandson to school once in some rock tshirt that showed up at my house amongst some hand me downs. It was Gobsmack or Godsmack, and he had to change. Very embarassing.