Scott Peterson and Terri Horman - The parallels

I think we can add in another - the love for all things electronic. Scott had multiple phones, IIRC and some of his searches on the computer were also pretty damning. I can't remember if they were admitted into evidence at the trial, however.

Good point, often when I think about LE and what they do and don't have on Terri I think that they must have some disturbing things like searches or the "hateful" emails that they recently showed Desiree that made the law enforcement officer (I forgot which one) mention things that he wished that he didn't know. I hope that they have some stuff that they can use.

A few things not like Scott is that he wasn't reported to scapegoat others like Terri is said to have done to Kaine especially and Kyron. Scott was never reported to be emotional or abuse any substances. Another thing I noticed about him is that in pics he would always be smiling just like whoever he was with, but Terri always looked the same in hers.

Scott ordering *advertiser censored* channels the same week of Laci's disappearance.
~Terri and her sexting

Scott liked golf.
~Terri likes golf balls in hoses
(forgive me, I could not resist lol)

Scott ordering *advertiser censored* channels the same week of Laci's disappearance.
~Terri and her sexting

Scott liked golf.
~Terri likes golf balls in hoses
(forgive me, I could not resist lol)
Where's that little guy rolling on the floor laughing, wanted to post it.
Especially looking at your avatar while thinking about the golf balls.

Can we stretch it them to make them parallel? Yeah,, we can. She is also a lot like ICA. I also see glimmers of Haleigh...
The one thing that sticks in my mind? She is nothing like you or me. Yes, she may have one or two similarities.

In the end, I will fight for my adopted son til MY death...not be a suspect in HIS death.
So we can compare her for days to other killers.

In the end it is what she did not do. Protect Kyron

It does kind of give me pause about little K now. Scott's whole motive was to be free and single again.

Look at Terri - tried to hire someone to kill her husband, sent her older son away, did something with Kyron, and who is left as a potential "burden?" No wonder Kaine is reacting as he is.

Hi Surfie and Thanks for the thread. I also bit hard on the SP case, learned allot and WOW met so many wonderful posters here on that journey. xox

Do you remember is it was Dr Ablow who stated that often people are killed as the killer believes that person poses a threat that would change their lifestyle forever?

It was such a prophetic statement and I've always thought it was made by Dr Albow on Dan Abrams' talk show on MSNBC during the case. He then said what you did, that Scott's motive was to be free and single again and Laci and Connor stood in his way.

Ta xox

Can we stretch it them to make them parallel? Yeah,, we can. She is also a lot like ICA. I also see glimmers of Haleigh...
The one thing that sticks in my mind? She is nothing like you or me. Yes, she may have one or two similarities.

In the end, I will fight for my adopted son til MY death...not be a suspect in HIS death.
So we can compare her for days to other killers.

In the end it is what she did not do. Protect Kyron

I agree with you. I think that, for me, it's all about recognizing the patterns and behaviors. Crazy-killer, yet somewhat-normal appearing individuals are not living in a vacuum. There are common traits. If we, as a society, cannot recognize them, understand them, and protect our children, well...I fear for everyone in this world, adults and children alike.

I agree with you. I think that, for me, it's all about recognizing the patterns and behaviors. Crazy-killer, yet somewhat-normal appearing individuals are not living in a vacuum. There are common traits. If we, as a society, cannot recognize them, understand them, and protect our children, well...I fear for everyone in this world, adults and children alike.
Yes Surfie, I believe it is all about recognizing the patterns and behaviors.

I heard Pat Brown talking about the case on some show last week and she used the word psychopath in regards to Terri possibly being one. I just Googled her and there is way to much to bring here, but one thing that opened my eyes was : http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/07/kyron-horman-update-rdsqrl-lists-enter-a-murderer-book-just-weeks-before-boys-disappearance/

For our story in the print edition this week we interviewed criminal psychologists about Horman. We asked Washington, D.C.-based forensic psychologist Pat Brown about Horman’s interest in crime dramas.

“It’s concerning,” Brown said. “She could simply be a normal fan of these shows. On the other hand, if she’s psychopathic, what some psychopaths do is get great ideas from these shows.”

Just a little thing, but I think Scott and Terri have psychopathic behavior issues just from what we have learned in our reading. We don't know the truth about what happened to little Kyron yet, but Kaine did say last week how horrific it was for the baby to have to watch whatever it was that happened to Kyron.

I get the same pit in the bottom of my stomach when I visualize Scott taking Laci's limp body out into the black waters of San Francisco Bay that night and letting her slip from his hand. Diabolic with no sense of guilt because they transfer blame for the murder of the victim.

I truly believe Scott was a psychopath. We will eventually learn more about Terri. IMO

Hi Surfie and Thanks for the thread. I also bit hard on the SP case, learned allot and WOW met so many wonderful posters here on that journey. xox

Do you remember is it was Dr Ablow who stated that often people are killed as the killer believes that person poses a threat that would change their lifestyle forever?

It was such a prophetic statement and I've always thought it was made by Dr Albow on Dan Abrams' talk show on MSNBC during the case. He then said what you did, that Scott's motive was to be free and single again and Laci and Connor stood in his way.

Ta xox

I read something similar in a book about "eraser murder" -- essentially murder that comes not from any special impulse towards gore or violence, but because they see the victim as an impediment and murder is simply their 'easiest' solution to dispatch the impediment from their life.

I don't think Scott Peterson was necessarily a "violent" man in the accepted sense of the word. He likely didn't get in fights, or hit Laci regularly, or become enraged and explode physically - which is what allows people like Scott to appear innocent when they erase someone from their life. People are "stunned" and "can't believe he is capable" simply because they don't perceive him as angry or violent. My own guess is that he murdered Laci without much emotion at all.

I have no idea if there is a parallel in that particular way between SP and Terri, because to me Terri appears to have more of an emotional range than Scott. If she's wasn't feeling sad at that first press conference, at least she was attempting to appear so. SP could barely work up a facial expression.

My own feelings about the SP - TMH parallels are their remarkably inappropriate behavior directly after the disappearance of a loved one. Their reaction to the departure of their spouse and child with overt sexuality and/or romance, and easily discoverable lies meant to woo and impress their new partner (Scott: I'm in Paris and Terri: Houze costs 350K). The fact that these otherwise averagely intelligent people who have lived in the real media-enhanced world their entire adult lives would not guess that their extramarital relationships, sex and lies would reflect poorly on them in the days following the abduction of a loved one. And of course the underlying fact that they felt the days post-abduction or murder were prime moments for developing a new romance. That sheer unbelievable lack of judgment....

IMO it would take a certain kind of mindset (not sure which kind) to consider "It's gonna take $350.000 to defend me from child abduction charges" as an effective come-on line if she had intended that to woo MC. I would probably run a mile hearing that one, SO not a good sign...

:)

I would like to add that they were both only children of their parents' unions. Terri grew up as an only child, and while Scott had older siblings, he too was pretty much raised as an only child. I imagine TH and SP were both spoiled and pampered and praised to high heaven to the point they had unrealistic egos.

Scott bragged about his golfing skills and how he went to school with Tiger Woods. Yet he mysteriously dropped out after his first year at the school and his coach couldn't even remember him. He flounders trying to get started in a career that suits his tremendous ego. Nothing is good enough for him.

Terri brags about her teaching skills and has a whole laundry list of special teaching skills which may or (most likely) may not be true. Yet she cannot find a job teaching, even part time or sub or outside the public school system.

Both TH and SP had parents who dropped some dough to get them started in the hamburger business early in the kids' marriages. TH got her folks to finance Chubby's, which failed miserably, and SP got his folks to finance The Shack, which failed.

One of the key similarities in TH and SP I believe are the parents who raised them. They appear to be prime enablers. They jack their kids' self esteem so high that it comes as a tremendous blow when the kids reach adulthood and find out the entire world doesn't see them as "all that plus a bag of chips." They seek out partners who are willing to see them the way they see themselves. And when that adoration starts to wane, or other people get in the way (SP=baby, TH=Kyron) they just get rid of whomever they see as the problem at the moment.

In light of all this, it also appears that the kids totally take their parents for granted. The parents drop all this money on the kids, and the kids just expect it and keep coming back for more. Then don't appear to even treat their parents with respect, unless they are once again needing something.

Scott's parents to this day deny Scott's guilt. While TH's parents have kept quiet, I suspect they will also deny their daughter's guilt. I believe the reason why is because they see their children as extensions of themselves. There is not a healthy separation between the parents' egos and their adult childrens' behavior. IMO>

I would like to add that they were both only children of their parents' unions. Terri grew up as an only child, and while Scott had older siblings, he too was pretty much raised as an only child. I imagine TH and SP were both spoiled and pampered and praised to high heaven to the point they had unrealistic egos.

Scott bragged about his golfing skills and how he went to school with Tiger Woods. Yet he mysteriously dropped out after his first year at the school and his coach couldn't even remember him. He flounders trying to get started in a career that suits his tremendous ego. Nothing is good enough for him.

Terri brags about her teaching skills and has a whole laundry list of special teaching skills which may or (most likely) may not be true. Yet she cannot find a job teaching, even part time or sub or outside the public school system.

Both TH and SP had parents who dropped some dough to get them started in the hamburger business early in the kids' marriages. TH got her folks to finance Chubby's, which failed miserably, and SP got his folks to finance The Shack, which failed.

One of the key similarities in TH and SP I believe are the parents who raised them. They appear to be prime enablers. They jack their kids' self esteem so high that it comes as a tremendous blow when the kids reach adulthood and find out the entire world doesn't see them as "all that plus a bag of chips." They seek out partners who are willing to see them the way they see themselves. And when that adoration starts to wane, or other people get in the way (SP=baby, TH=Kyron) they just get rid of whomever they see as the problem at the moment.

In light of all this, it also appears that the kids totally take their parents for granted. The parents drop all this money on the kids, and the kids just expect it and keep coming back for more. Then don't appear to even treat their parents with respect, unless they are once again needing something.

Scott's parents to this day deny Scott's guilt. While TH's parents have kept quiet, I suspect they will also deny their daughter's guilt. I believe the reason why is because they see their children as extensions of themselves. There is not a healthy separation between the parents' egos and their adult childrens' behavior. IMO>

Actually Gwen, I believe it was Phil Mickelson who Scott went to school with not that it matters very much because there are a few parallels between Scott and Terri that I see.

http://www.findlaci2003.us/golf-digest.html

Actually Gwen, I believe it was Phil Mickelson who Scott went to school with not that it matters very much because there are a few parallels between Scott and Terri that I see.

http://www.findlaci2003.us/golf-digest.html

Good memory! As you can see, I know almost zilch about golf and the boys who like to play! Thanks for catching that. I guess it doesn't matter anyway because it was all a big lie anyway. Scott never had a golf scholarship, and nobody remembers him on the team at all. Must have been a big blow to his ego to try out for the team and nobody noticed his tremendous skill! Must have been a big blow to Terri to have so much difficulty getting a teaching job with all her tremendous skill as well. Maybe enough to do something awful that would reflect poorly on those who refuse to bow down to you and give you the job you think you deserve. Like Portland Public Schools. IMO.

Good memory! As you can see, I know almost zilch about golf and the boys who like to play! Thanks for catching that. I guess it doesn't matter anyway because it was all a big lie anyway. Scott never had a golf scholarship, and nobody remembers him on the team at all. Must have been a big blow to his ego to try out for the team and nobody noticed his tremendous skill! Must have been a big blow to Terri to have so much difficulty getting a teaching job with all her tremendous skill as well. Maybe enough to do something awful that would reflect poorly on those who refuse to bow down to you and give you the job you think you deserve. Like Portland Public Schools. IMO.

You know, you have mentioned this before, but this crime really did wreak revenge on all the more negative elements in Terri's life--the school that didn't hire her, the husband who was mean to her, and now, we have heard, the little boy who she hated...

I cannot remember, as I didn't follow the case closely...what was Scott's explanation for Laci's disappearance?

Scott tried to say she went walking with the dog that morning to the park where homeless men often hung out. He claimed she was wearing some expensive jewelry. I think he was trying to make it a robbery motivated crime by homeless men. (Who had a way to dump her in the San Francisco Bay!) I think he just wanted it to be "stranger abduction" no matter what.

The cell ping thread made me think of another one.

Scott has an entrance receipt from the Berkeley Marina that he made a point of showing to police early on and, IIRC, several times, to prove he was fishing and nowhere near the house - which he wanted them to believe (and possibly was) the scene of the crime.

Terri and her FM store receipts to prove she was a busy mamma all morning with no time to abduct or harm Kyron.

BTW, has LE ever verified or publicly acknowledged the existence of and time on her store receipts? Can't remember.

You know, you have mentioned this before, but this crime really did wreak revenge on all the more negative elements in Terri's life--the school that didn't hire her, the husband who was mean to her, and now, we have heard, the little boy who she hated...

I cannot remember, as I didn't follow the case closely...what was Scott's explanation for Laci's disappearance?

Basically, it came down to him wanting to be free and single again. He didn't want to be tied down to a wife and child. I posted upthread about this, but Terri tried to have her husband killed, sent her older son away, did something to Kyron, and that leaves little K. It's no wonder Kaine is adamant about keeping her away from his daughter.

The cell ping thread made me think of another one.

Scott has an entrance receipt from the Berkeley Marina that he made a point of showing to police early on and, IIRC, several times, to prove he was fishing and nowhere near the house - which he wanted them to believe (and possibly was) the scene of the crime.

Terri and her FM store receipts to prove she was a busy mamma all morning with no time to abduct or harm Kyron.

BTW, has LE ever verified or publicly acknowledged the existence of and time on her store receipts? Can't remember.

Right. They both had alibis set up that they thought were air tight.

As far as bbm, no, I do not believe any of her alibi has been confirmed or denied by LE.

Scott tried to say she went walking with the dog that morning to the park where homeless men often hung out. He claimed she was wearing some expensive jewelry. I think he was trying to make it a robbery motivated crime by homeless men. (Who had a way to dump her in the San Francisco Bay!) I think he just wanted it to be "stranger abduction" no matter what.

There was also mention at some point of a brown van and it's role in Laci's disappearance.

There was also mention at some point of a brown van and it's role in Laci's disappearance.

Yep, and the idea that a satanic cult had taken her for some kind of ritual.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back