GUILTY SD - RieLee Lovell, 2, strangled to death, Wagner, 3 July 2012

So the 11 year old is in custody but not charged..I wonder if the adults tried to blame it on him.
Can you even imagine??? "When did you last see your two year old alive?" Can you imagine not having an answer?? I feel like I'm living in such a different world as these people I will NEVER understand.

I am wondering the ages of the other children involved. Was the 11 yr old "in charge" of wrangling all the siblings because mom and dad were too busy with their party pursuits? What an awful lot of stress and responsibility for an 11 yr old if that were the case.

ETA snip But neither Laurie or Taylor could clearly remember when the last time the toddler was alive. http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6...On_Meth_Before_Toddler_Found_Dead_/?Id=134355

Does anyone notice you see this more with methheads and pillpoppers than we ever did with drunks, heroin addicts and crackheads, etc, 10+ years ago? Maybe because we all have 24/7 access to news now, or is there something different about meth and pain pills?
Maybe it's just me?
Thoughts?

I think that with heroin and alcohol or other drugs like crack, there is a 'high', a crash and then some risidual effects, like cirrhosis with alcohol. IMHO Meth is so pervasive and invasive, the toxicity levels are insidious to the body and mind, with lasting effect. Also meth can be a homemade drug and more readily available,you don't have to go anywhere to buy it so the acquisition risk factor is less. That said, meth can be a factor in the home without as much outside knowledge. Given that it is a 'homegrown' drug, it would be around children, in the home, more. When you have that introduced into a home environment, it is a dangerous mix and the danger to children higher.

IMHO

How in the world did two meth-heads end up with the two-year-old? I am beginning to wonder if, in their addled minds, the 11-year-old did it? I am shocked and appalled by the whole situation.

The high you get from meth just isn't the same as getting drunk. On meth these people feel euphoric, stay up for days-and it's cheap. Heroin is also cheap. On the ambulance you'd get someone overdosing on heroin-like they were going to die-you give them a shot of Narcan and they punch you in the face. They don't care that you saved their life, you ruined their high! Meth and Heroin are just completely different animals than alcohol. Though alcohol does it's share of damage, it's over years rather than months.
Those poor kids, how will they ever be ok now.

Does anyone notice you see this more with methheads and pillpoppers than we ever did with drunks, heroin addicts and crackheads, etc, 10+ years ago? Maybe because we all have 24/7 access to news now, or is there something different about meth and pain pills? Maybe it's just me? Thoughts?
I was just thinking the same thing when I saw your post. It seems to me that when on meth, people react in an extremely violent way. I believe the man in Florida who was eating the face off another man, was on meth, wasn't he? I just saw a post on that story, and someone was saying they guessed it to be PCP. I have no idea what the difference is. All I know is that the drugs used these days are far more dangerous than they were in the past.

The high you get from meth just isn't the same as getting drunk. On meth these people feel euphoric, stay up for days-and it's cheap. Heroin is also cheap. On the ambulance you'd get someone overdosing on heroin-like they were going to die-you give them a shot of Narcan and they punch you in the face. They don't care that you saved their life, you ruined their high! Meth and Heroin are just completely different animals than alcohol. Though alcohol does it's share of damage, it's over years rather than months.
Those poor kids, how will they ever be ok now.

I used to work EMS, that is NOT an exaggeration!

Beautiful baby girl, her name is RieLee Lovell. Rest now, wicincala.

"What we're going through now is just kind of unexplainable right now. All the emotions all at once, and you just can't help but cry sometimes. Even now, I'm trying to hold back tears," RieLee's father, Guy Lovell, said.

Video at link:

http://www.keloland.com/news/NewsDe...bers_Toddler_As_Sweet_Little_Girl_/?Id=134417

45331.jpg

http://www.argusleader.com/article/...10/Two-charged-death-toddler?odyssey=nav|head

I hope it's ok to post this article. lots of detail here, including that both T.C. And L.C. Are charged with cruelty and abuse.

Jmo, but I get the sense that two grown adults are trying to pin this awful tragedy on an eleven year-old child. T.C. Says no one fed the kids for days because there was no food in the house, and yet they were at Wal Mart July 3rd buying cleaning supplies? What was needing so badly to be cleaned up?

L.C. Also said she put the victim a bedroom for timeout? jmo, but this sounds to me like maybe the elements of a power struggle between a toddler, and her caregivers who were anxious to get high.
Sorry for typos, my program is acting up.
Little Gramma, I pray that someone fights for your true story,.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/...10/Two-charged-death-toddler?odyssey=nav|head

I hope it's ok to post this article. lots of detail here, including that both T.C. And L.C. Are charged with cruelty and abuse.

Jmo, but I get the sense that two grown adults are trying to pin this awful tragedy on an eleven year-old child. T.C. Says no one fed the kids for days because there was no food in the house, and yet they were at Wal Mart July 3rd buying cleaning supplies? What was needing so badly to be cleaned up?

L.C. Also said she put the victim a bedroom for timeout? jmo, but this sounds to me like maybe the elements of a power struggle between a toddler, and her caregivers who were anxious to get high.
Sorry for typos, my program is acting up.
Little Gramma, I pray that someone fights for your true story,.

Thank you for posting the story. This is about one of the worst cases I have ever heard. Poor baby. As for the other children bringing young friends over to 'see the body', was RieLee treated like garbage and the others witnessed it?If the adults didn't think it was a big deal, why would the children.

It would seem that the adults aren't being charged with the murder, but they are the first in their state being charged under Caylee's Law.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/06fd243275ad4e27b58682f63562bacf/SD--Toddler-Death

Under a state law passed earlier this year, a parent or guardian who knowingly fails to report a child's death within six hours could face a felony charge punishable by up to five years in prison.
South Dakota's new law is modeled after Florida's "Caylee's Law." The law was passed in Florida in response to the death 2-year-old Caylee Anthony, who wasn't reported missing until 31 days after she vanished in 2008 in Orlando.

South Dakota's law, which also makes failure to report a missing child within 48 hours a misdemeanor, had not been previously used.

I am waiting to hear the COD. If it was from malnourishment or other natural causes tied to abuse, the adults can't foist it off on the 11-year-old.

ETA: Jacie, where is my mind? Must be still out in the sun. I'll leave this here because it's a different article. :banghead:

It would seem that the adults aren't being charged with the murder, but they are the first in their state being charged under Caylee's Law.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/06fd243275ad4e27b58682f63562bacf/SD--Toddler-Death

I am waiting to hear the COD. If it was from malnourishment or other natural causes tied to abuse, the adults can't foist it off on the 11-year-old.

ETA: Jacie, where is my mind? Must be still out in the sun. I'll leave this here because it's a different article. :banghead:

No worries. :) Anything that brings attention to RieLee's case is good. It is sad that Caylee's case garnered so much attention yet this case, with young children inviting friends over to see 'our dead sister' has....*crickets*. :banghead: I have an idea why but will leave it for now.

Neighbors "disgusted" by death of Wagner toddler

The baby's grandmother, Pamela Ashes, tells KSFY the reason the Cournoyers were watching RieLee was because her mother Eileen was having complications with her current pregnancy and she just needed some time.

According to Ashes, the parents tried calling the Cournoyers on the night of July 2 to come over for a visit with their daughter, but couldn't get a response. We now know why.

http://www.ksfy.com/story/19023022/neighbors-disgusted-by-death-of-wagner-toddler

RieLee Lovell, she would have been 3 at the end of July.

19021365_BG1.JPG

The Cournoyers each face two charges, according to Attorney General Marty Jackley and Charles Mix County State’s Attorney Pam Hein.

The first charge, abuse or cruelty to a minor as a felony, is a Class 3 felony that carries a maximum penalty of 15 years imprisonment and/or a $30,000 fine.

The second charge, failure to notify law enforcement of death of a child, is a Class 5 felony with a maximum penalty of 5 years and/or a $10,000 fine.

The second charge arises out of a new law passed this year by the South Dakota Legislature. The law was modeled after “Caylee’s Law,”...

...The law makes the failure to notify law enforcement of death of a child a felony. Under the law, any parent, legal guardian or caretaker who knowingly fails to notify law enforcement within six hours of learning of the death of a minor child in his or her care is guilty of a Class 5 felony.

http://www.yankton.net/articles/2012/07/12/community/doc4fff4052d56f1665961902.txt

What a beautiful little girl. That's all that keeps running through my head. Well that and I wish I could get 5 minutes alone with the trash that was (not) caring for her. I was curious at the wording stating the couple had 6 kids in their custody and wondering how in the world these people got custody of children that weren't theirs, now I see. A pregnant mother needed some rest. Something every pregnant woman needs. And now her daughter is dead. It should not be like this. I am SO ANGRY!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OK ill admit to being slow. Who has jurisdiction if not the tribe or the city?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The State of South Dakota has jurisdiction but IF the murder was committed by the 11 year old then a trial will be in Family Court. It is confusing in that area, as to jurisdicitons..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks
Back