GUILTY SD - RieLee Lovell, 2, strangled to death, Wagner, 3 July 2012

I wonder if the child isn't protecting the only family he knows. There was a long time before they reported RieLee was dead....long enough to get a child to understand that if he confesses and hides the body, everyone will be okay, and he will be charged as a kid, and get to come home soon, but if he doesn't, then the C's go to jail, and the entire family is destroyed, and it's all the kids's fault, because he wouldn't say he did it.

I could very well be wrong, but I hope I'm not. If so, it says a lot about those raised in bad situations being basically beyond all hope of salvaging, and I don't want to go there, it makes me very sad.

"it says a lot about those raised in bad situations being basically beyond all hope of salvaging"

I refuse to believe that any child, Indian or not, is beyond salvaging. I've seen some kids come out of desperate, deplorable conditions and succeed.

OT- I hope everything is well with you and your family. :)

Didn't feed them because there was no food in the house..? Are you kidding me? The kids didn't eat for days. Its beyond unimaginable. I'm sorry but I don't care how hard her pregnancy is, how tired she may have been or what kind of "rough patch" she was going through her daughter was tortured in my opinon. And she and/ or the father placed her in that situation! Relative or not they should have made a wiser choice for the safety of thier child.

The 21 guy called the kids a-holes for goodness sake, what true peices of ____! Everyone that knew the kids in that house hadn't been eating regularly should be charged. How does any human being sleep knowing a child is hungry. Send them all to jail. IMOO

Didn't feed them because there was no food in the house..? Are you kidding me? The kids didn't eat for days. Its beyond unimaginable. I'm sorry but I don't care how hard her pregnancy is, how tired she may have been or what kind of "rough patch" she was going through her daughter was tortured in my opinon. And she and/ or the father placed her in that situation! Relative or not they should have made a wiser choice for the safety of thier child.

The 21 guy called the kids a-holes for goodness sake, what true peices of ____! Everyone that knew the kids in that house hadn't been eating regularly should be charged. How does any human being sleep knowing a child is hungry. Send them all to jail. IMOO

Don't forget they had money for cleaning supplies....but no food?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I would also like to add that if it turns out the 12 year old did do it then I feel sorry for he or she. Children get moody, irratated , maybe even aggresive when their hungry. Can you imagine them not eating for days? If I don't eat all day I'm in a bad mood with a horrible headache and I swear my mind doesn't work right. That's only for the day! Animals lash out when thier starving. Maybe people do to.

I will pray for the 12 year old as well as all the other kids in that hell house. Until I know what happened I will consider him/ her a victim of these monster people. IMO

Don't forget they had money for cleaning supplies....but no food?

Cleaning supplies aren't cheap either. They could have gotten a bag of potatoes and some eggs for under 5 dollars. Or if their were that lazy then the dollar menu at any fast food place or a 5.00 pizza. I wish I could be on that jury. Despicable is what these people are!

Cleaning supplies aren't cheap either. They could have gotten a bag of potatoes and some eggs for under 5 dollars. Or if their were that lazy then the dollar menu at any fast food place or a 5.00 pizza. I wish I could be on that jury. Despicable is what these people are!

And I also don't believe for a minute they were cleaning. Can't some cleaning supplies make Meth? I feel so sick. That poor baby. All of those poor babies. :(

That had freaking money for fireworks! ..that they shot off til 3am.. but no food! ...sick sick sick!

And I also don't believe for a minute they were cleaning. Can't some cleaning supplies make Meth? I feel so sick. That poor baby. All of those poor babies. :(

I'm not sure but from what I've heard they put all kinds of crazy stuff into it..and yet people still do it.

I thought the "cleaning supplies" thing was weird - I didn't even think about meth! Interesting idea. Meth is sometimes made with lye, Drano, ammonia, and/or battery acid.

There is a list of people who failed this angel -- it's sickening. And moms FB post 3-4 days later about "craving subway LOL" -- makes me want to puke

Cleaning supplies are used to make meth - that was my first thought. Worthless excuses for human beings, im sorry. No food, can't keep track of 6 kids, sleeping pills, meth, AND the topper -- calling them all a$$holes.....super parenting there - can't wait to here the "but they loved them like their own" line of BS

"it says a lot about those raised in bad situations being basically beyond all hope of salvaging"

I refuse to believe that any child, Indian or not, is beyond salvaging. I've seen some kids come out of desperate, deplorable conditions and succeed.

OT- I hope everything is well with you and your family. :)

I've seen some good come out of the worst possible conditions, as well, from people of all ethnicities. But if the other child did intentionally kill RieLee through drugs or beating her, then I fear for what it says about people, and the whole nature versus nurture argument. I think it's tragic that any child has to grow up in the conditions that RieLee was in when she died. I can only hope that her life prior to that was lived in far better conditions, where she knew being truly loved.

I've seen some good come out of the worst possible conditions, as well, from people of all ethnicities. But if the other child did intentionally kill RieLee through drugs or beating her, then I fear for what it says about people, and the whole nature versus nurture argument. I think it's tragic that any child has to grow up in the conditions that RieLee was in when she died. I can only hope that her life prior to that was lived in far better conditions, where she knew being truly loved.

I do understand your point. Working with these kids takes every ounce of 'heart strength' you have. Last Christmas, one 5 year old boy had one thing on his wish list, a pair of shoes. The others had I-Pods, DVDs and toys, he just wanted a pair of shoes. He got the shoes and alot more but it still hurts me to think of his conditions that made shoes so needed.

There is a list of people who failed this angel -- it's sickening. And moms FB post 3-4 days later about "craving subway LOL" -- makes me want to puke

Cleaning supplies are used to make meth - that was my first thought. Worthless excuses for human beings, im sorry. No food, can't keep track of 6 kids, sleeping pills, meth, AND the topper -- calling them all a$$holes.....super parenting there - can't wait to here the "but they loved them like their own" line of BS

There is a 'gangsta' mentality, across all cultures, in some young adults that goes hand in hand with drugs/alcohol and 'I wannabe a rock star'. The males are all 'thugged out' and the girls are all '*advertiser censored* star look' that anyone can see on FB and other social media. RieLee, an innocent, was thrust into this situation and the result was tragic.

As was said earlier on the thread, we don't yet know how RieLee died. Did she ingest something toxic, was she hit or was it an accident? No matter the means of her death, it can't go unaccounted.

There is no mention of a memorial. :(

Respectfully snipped by me

That makes this even more sad. I haven't felt the bricks being lifted from my chest from when RieLee passed away. This seemed to add more. :(

I feel anger, the kind I don't like to feel.

I see the response to Carnel's death, the memorial for him. I see nothing like that for RieLee. :banghead:

This had better not be because of a last name, one that begins with C!

I feel anger, the kind I don't like to feel.

I see the response to Carnel's death, the memorial for him. I see nothing like that for RieLee. :banghead:

What is going on with this girls parents? I had a hard pregnancy so I was trying to be understanding about this. But her mother knew she was with this couple. Tried to call July 2nd. OK then what, said oh well?! Total strangers are showing more outrage than this little precious angels family.

My urge is to rail and scream and demand answers as to how the girls ended up in the care of these two [unusual] individuals. I am trying hard not to jump to conclusions here about the parents but it is very hard not to do so with the information we are learning about just how unfit these two "caregivers" were for the job.

I think I shall lurk a bit on this one til more info becomes available about exactly what led the parents of RieLee and her sister to think this was an appropriate/safe situation to place these kids in.

My urge is to rail and scream and demand answers as to how the girls ended up in the care of these two [unusual] individuals. I am trying hard not to jump to conclusions here about the parents but it is very hard not to do so with the information we are learning about just how unfit these two "caregivers" were for the job.

I think I shall lurk a bit on this one til more info becomes available about exactly what led the parents of RieLee and her sister to think this was an appropriate/safe situation to place these kids in.

BBM-I agree, we don't have the whole story yet. RieLee's dad may have been watching them and mom didn't really know where they were???? But at some point, if you have no gas, you ask for a ride to go check on the kids rather than just call. :banghead: [I'm getting a headache from this story]

What is going on with this girls parents? I had a hard pregnancy so I was trying to be understanding about this. But her mother knew she was with this couple. Tried to call July 2nd. OK then what, said oh well?! Total strangers are showing more outrage than this little precious angels family.

This is exactly what is going through my mind, as well.

Okay, two nights ago, I had the worst migraine of my life. I went to ER, because I literally thought I was going to stop breathing from the pain. I left my two oldest with their dad, my youngest ones went with a friend of mine for either the night or until I was released. I called that friend at 11:30 p.m., we spoke by phone, the kids were asleep, we decided that he would keep them overnight. I went home, went to sleep, woke up and sent him a text message to see how the kids were at about 9 a.m. He sent me a picture message in return, showing me both kids playing in his yard. I spoke to him by phone at about noon, and we decided that since it's hot and I have no central air that he would take the kids with him to his church meeting, and then bring them home about 8:30 p.m. By 8:45 p.m., when my kids weren't home, I was blowing up his phone to find out why. The reason was that he had the meeting run over and no cell service in the church basement, but that's not the point. This is the kind of communication that I would expect to see from any parent when a third party has their child, unless the child is much older than RieLee was.

What did RieLee's parents do: Well, no answer, no ride, no reason to worry. If you can't contact the person with your child, you call 911, and you request a welfare check. Might be a little extreme for some people, but if you truly had no other options, that's what you do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back