GUILTY SD - RieLee Lovell, 2, strangled to death, Wagner, 3 July 2012

Neighbors "disgusted" by death of Wagner toddler

The baby's grandmother, Pamela Ashes, tells KSFY the reason the Cournoyers were watching RieLee was because her mother Eileen was having complications with her current pregnancy and she just needed some time.

According to Ashes, the parents tried calling the Cournoyers on the night of July 2 to come over for a visit with their daughter, but couldn't get a response. We now know why.

http://www.ksfy.com/story/19023022/neighbors-disgusted-by-death-of-wagner-toddler

This case just keeps getting worse. And now we find out that RieLee's mother is expecting another baby...................:banghead:

This case just keeps getting worse. And now we find out that RieLee's mother is expecting another baby...................:banghead:

This death is like a lightening strike, the odds of this happening were pretty high. We still don't know if it was RieLee's dad or mom who brought her to the Courneyor's house. Until we hear that it was the mom, I'm not going to judge her. Tribal housing has no AC and it has been HOT here in SD. Perhaps her mom was sick from the heat and no air. It's 103 here today and I'm sick from this heat and I'm not pregnant. The parents did try to call on July 2nd, I just wish dad or mom had gone to the house.

Members of the Yankton Sioux Tribe of South Dakota will hold a memorial walk on July 30 to remember the life of Rielee Lovell and to protest the effects of methamphetamine on the reservation.

Lovell, 2, died in a home where the adults were said to be using meth and other drugs. Tribal leaders and activists say more needs to be done to combat substance abuse.

"Everybody knows that methamphetamine is the problem here, but nothing is being done about it,” said Frances Zephier, who is helping organize the march, told The Mitchell Daily Republic.

Taylor Cournoyer, 21, and Laurie Cournoyer, 28, who were supposed to be taking care of RieLee, have been charged with felony child abuse and failure to report the death of a child. The state is handling the case because the home where RieLee died is not within tribal jurisdiction.

http://64.38.12.138/News/2012/006485.asp

A CORRECTION:

ON POST#123, IT SAYS:
This death is like a lightening strike, the odds of this happening were pretty high

IT SHOULD READ THE ODDS ARE LOW. SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION.

It's a song sung by strangers, a song to help carry the spirit of RieLee Lovell up to heaven.

"Our message goes out to that little girl and the family, we pray for her, we pray for every day since she left us and her spirit brought us here today." Said Robin Bair.

The handful of protesters gathered specifically for the Cournoyer's first court appearance. The group calls themselves concerned parents against meth. While details of what caused RieLee's death have not be revealed, these vocal protesters believe the drug lifestyle of the reservation played a significant role.

http://www.ksfy.com/story/19049291/...in-wagner-toddlers-death?clienttype=printable

This death is like a lightening strike, the odds of this happening were pretty high. We still don't know if it was RieLee's dad or mom who brought her to the Courneyor's house. Until we hear that it was the mom, I'm not going to judge her. Tribal housing has no AC and it has been HOT here in SD. Perhaps her mom was sick from the heat and no air. It's 103 here today and I'm sick from this heat and I'm not pregnant. The parents did try to call on July 2nd, I just wish dad or mom had gone to the house.

BBM: I really wish that dad or mom had gone to the house too. I also wish that RieLee had been left with responsible, fit people.

Thinking of RieLee all the time. I've looked and haven't saw anything else concerning the 11 year old arrested in connection to the case. Anyone local heard anything lately?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thinking of RieLee all the time. I've looked and haven't saw anything else concerning the 11 year old arrested in connection to the case. Anyone local heard anything lately?

I check a few times every day, no updates. The adults are in court on July 31st. On July 30th, which would have been RieLee's 3rd birthday, there is a memorial walk planned by the community. I've not heard anything about a wake or funeral for her.

An 11-year-old is being held as a suspect in what investigators are calling a homicide. Because he is a juvenile there is a chance that details and questions about this case may go unanswered as juvenile court is not open to the public

http://www.ksfy.com/story/19021365/people-in-wagner-shocked-by-toddler-death

I sincerely hope the 11 year old is not being scapegoated by the adults in this situation.

Even if that is not the case, this is just tragic all the way round. :(

I sincerely hope the 11 year old is not being scapegoated by the adults in this situation.

Even if that is not the case, this is just tragic all the way round. :(

Agreed. But even if the 11 year old was the one who did the killing, the parents should at least be charged with neglect. They weren't supervising any of the children and didn't even know where they were most of the time. I have 3 dogs and 4 cats, and I even take a head count several times a day, and especially at nightfall.

Agreed. But even if the 11 year old was the one who did the killing, the parents should at least be charged with neglect. They weren't supervising any of the children and didn't even know where they were most of the time. I have 3 dogs and 4 cats, and I even take a head count several times a day, and especially at nightfall.

absolutely these adults need to be held accountable. Even if the 11 yr old is physically responsible for the death, these alleged adults were responsible for the 11 yr old and RieLee.

If the 11 yr old harmed RieLee, it still does not relieve the adults of ultimate responsibly who did not even know RieLee was dead, let alone how she came to be that way.

RieLee, sweet baby. If you were still here today, you would be celebrating your 3rd birthday. Instead, Creator had another path for you. Your too brief life had a very big purpose, to show the dangers of meth and children subjected to it.

Be at Peace now, baby RieLee. Your name will not be forgotten and people will seek justice for you. Happy Birthday sweetie.

[video=youtube;VRsJlAJvOSM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRsJlAJvOSM[/video]

The Wagner couple accused of not telling police about the death of toddler have now been indicted on charges of child abuse and possession of meth.

Taylor Cournoyer, 21, and Laurie Cournoyer, 28, are each facing five counts of felony child abuse related to five children. The two were indicted on the charges on Monday. They were also indicted for possession of methamphetamine.

http://www.ksfy.com/story/19149809/wagner-couple-2-charged-in-toddlers-death-face-more-charges

wagner-rememberance-walk.jpg

[Girl]...holds a balloon and sign before the start of a walk in remembrance of 2-year old Rielee Lovell on Monday afternoon in Wagner.

More charges leveled in toddler death

....They are scheduled to be arraigned on the charges in August in Lake Andes.

The five counts of child abuse are related to five children who were living with the Cournoyers when Lovell’s death was reported.

According to affidavits filed with court documents related to the case, the couple had been using methamphetamine, marijuana and prescription sleeping pills in the hours after the 2-year-old’s death, and neither was able to tell investigators for sure when they had last seen the girl alive. The death went unreported for more than a day and a half, the documents say.

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/event/article/id/68355/

If convicted on all nine charges, the Cournoyers face 90 years in the state penitentiary for the eight felony charges and a year in county jail for the misdemeanor.

The Cournoyers were initially arrested on two charges: one count of abuse or cruelty to a minor and one count of failure to notify law enforcement of a child’s death.

The indictments against the Cournoyers were handed down last Wednesday, Hein said. In turn, a preliminary hearing scheduled for today (Tuesday) was canceled, she said.

The indictments allege the Cournoyers committed cruelty or abuse to five different children, ranging in age from nearly 2 years old to 9 years old. Those charges allege the Cournoyers, between the approximate dates of June 29 and July 4, “did abuse, exposure, torture, torment or cruelly punish a minor ... in a manner which does not constitute aggravated assault.”

The Cournoyers also face three drug charges and one charge of failure to report the death of a child to law enforcement within six hours of the child’s death.

http://www.yankton.net/articles/2012/07/31/community/doc50174ed95dd59007136218.txt

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back