GUILTY SD - RieLee Lovell, 2, strangled to death, Wagner, 3 July 2012

How heartbreaking for the children that were in that place when RieLee was killed and stuffed in a closet. This memory is likely to linger long after they reach adulthood, and there will be many triggers to remind them. As for innocent little RieLee, this poor baby didn't even get to live to be three, or six,or sixteen, let alone twenty three with a babe of her own.

Maybe all homes need not only smoke alarms inside the home but meth alarms which can't be tampered with, and brings on a fire truck and LE. I don't even know if meth alarms exist, if not they should. If not, somebody needs to start inventing them and make them tamperproof. Maybe it could be linked to the electrical wiring in occupied buildings, and monitored by the power companies who make plenty of profit from the rest of us. So, if meth is detected the power shuts down and a signal sent to the power company. And meth should be classified as a deadly substance, as deadly as fire, if not more so for the innocent lives it contaminates. Sorry for rambling, I'm a tired old grandma who can't stand to read of one more innocent who has become another homicide statistic.
IMHO

How heartbreaking for the children that were in that place when RieLee was killed and stuffed in a closet. This memory is likely to linger long after they reach adulthood, and there will be many triggers to remind them. As for innocent little RieLee, this poor baby didn't even get to live to be three, or six,or sixteen, let alone twenty three with a babe of her own.

Maybe all homes need not only smoke alarms inside the home but meth alarms which can't be tampered with, and brings on a fire truck and LE. I don't even know if meth alarms exist, if not they should. If not, somebody needs to start inventing them and make them tamperproof. Maybe it could be linked to the electrical wiring in occupied buildings, and monitored by the power companies who make plenty of profit from the rest of us. So, if meth is detected the power shuts down and a signal sent to the power company. And meth should be classified as a deadly substance, as deadly as fire, if not more so for the innocent lives it contaminates. Sorry for rambling, I'm a tired old grandma who can't stand to read of one more innocent who has become another homicide statistic.
IMHO

I agree with you that there should be monitors. Meth is so pervasive and ruins everything near it. The house that RieLee passed in should be condemned and torn down, as should any house where meth was made/used. I know that some states have disclosure about meth houses being sold, I'm not certain if all do.

Too bad meth use doesn't automatically render one sterile.

Meth in South Dakota

SD Police Chief Accused Of Covering For Girlfriend
Published: August 2, 2012, 8:51 AM

A South Dakota police chief charged with having knowledge of a crime and not reporting it is accused of covering up his girlfriend's methamphetamine use.

Wagner Chief Jim Chaney was arrested on the misdemeanor charge last week. Chaney is accused of using a storage unit at the Police Department to store needles his girlfriend allegedly used.

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.cfm/sd-police-chief-accused-of-covering-for-girlfriend/?id=135306

Does anyone notice you see this more with methheads and pillpoppers than we ever did with drunks, heroin addicts and crackheads, etc, 10+ years ago? Maybe because we all have 24/7 access to news now, or is there something different about meth and pain pill
Maybe it's just me?
Thoughts?

I would not dismiss heroin and crack, as there were as many serial killers back in the day as all crimes combined that were not just regular homicide. Yes, Meth probably amps up the frequency of things and the likely hood that murder wil increase amongst this crowd. where you are more likely to come across the person who cares less about life. But remember, not all of these people are killers...many are victims of a slow killer themselves.
This story is so sad, and it just breaks my heart that a 2 year-old child lost her life. May she RIP

If convicted on all nine charges, the Cournoyers face 90 years in the state penitentiary for the eight felony charges and a year in county jail for the misdemeanor.

The Cournoyers were initially arrested on two charges: one count of abuse or cruelty to a minor and one count of failure to notify law enforcement of a child’s death.

The indictments against the Cournoyers were handed down last Wednesday, Hein said. In turn, a preliminary hearing scheduled for today (Tuesday) was canceled, she said.

The indictments allege the Cournoyers committed cruelty or abuse to five different children, ranging in age from nearly 2 years old to 9 years old. Those charges allege the Cournoyers, between the approximate dates of June 29 and July 4, “did abuse, exposure, torture, torment or cruelly punish a minor ... in a manner which does not constitute aggravated assault.”

The Cournoyers also face three drug charges and one charge of failure to report the death of a child to law enforcement within six hours of the child’s death.

http://www.yankton.net/articles/2012/07/31/community/doc50174ed95dd59007136218.txt

BBM.
Lets hope they get the max, sentenced consecutively. In GA not that long ago, a mother got 70 years for almost letting her twin infants starve to death while she was doped out on pain pills.

But remember, not all of these people are killers...many are victims of a slow killer themselves.
If you kill someone, you are a killer. Unless these druggies were held down and forcibly fed the drugs, they are not victims. They chose to ingest the drugs knowing full well what the consequences would be. Everyone is responsible for their own actions and, personally, I'm tired of all the excuses. If you choose to take drugs, then you suffer the consequences. If you take a life, you forfeit your own life.

No, it's not just you. Ever heard that line 'going to hell in a handbasket'? (That IS the phrase, isn't it.) This poor little girl. Does anyone want to offer and opinion of 'could she have lived' if they'd got her the help she needed during or immediately after being injured?
And you ask about the drugs? Wow. I want to know where DCF is when these things happen. Six kids? How old were they. Doesn't sound like anyone was supervising.

Does anyone notice you see this more with methheads and pillpoppers than we ever did with drunks, heroin addicts and crackheads, etc, 10+ years ago? Maybe because we all have 24/7 access to news now, or is there something different about meth and pain pills?
Maybe it's just me?
Thoughts?

Frances Zephier is working to raise awareness so that no more children suffer the fate RieLee did and she is being stalked and harrassed. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that the last name of the perps is the same as some Tribal leaders. hhhmmm

A Wagner resident who has been speaking out against methamphetamine use on the Yankton Sioux Reservation in South Dakota has seven protection orders against people she says have been harassing her and her family.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/tr...cle_78056f4b-ea53-5dc8-b165-eb570b8caef6.html

A Wagner couple accused of letting the body of a 2-year-old girl sit in a closet for nearly two days before reporting the death have pleaded not guilty to several charges.
Twenty-one-year-old Taylor Cournoyer and 28-year-old Laurie Cournoyer are charged with one count of failure to report a child’s death, five counts of child abuse and various drug possession charges.

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/event/article/id/69147/group/homepage/

19333462_BG1.jpg

These are the 2 who left RieLee's body in a closet and ignored other children in the house cause they were gettin their high.

so frustrating that we can know nothing of the minor child in custody and what (s)he is accused of doing to cause RieLee's death.

I cannot help but worry that the minor in question is being scapegoated to protect this couple from more serious charges relating to RieLee's death.

The politics of this situation being what they are and all :(

I will continue to monitor this one as I have serious concerns that the true facts of this case may be being edited and rewritten.

so frustrating that we can know nothing of the minor child in custody and what (s)he is accused of doing to cause RieLee's death.

I cannot help but worry that the minor in question is being scapegoated to protect this couple from more serious charges relating to RieLee's death.

The politics of this situation being what they are and all :(

Truthfully, I am surprised that it got this far. If the house had been on the rez land, it could well be different. The fact that it is on non-rez land makes it state jurisdiction.

How interesting that the Wagner police chief got caught up and faces charges of covering for his meth addicted girlfriend by hiding her needles in his police locker.

Truthfully, I am surprised that it got this far. If the house had been on the rez land, it could well be different. The fact that it is on non-rez land makes it state jurisdiction.

How interesting that the Wagner police chief got caught up and faces charges of covering for his meth addicted girlfriend by hiding her needles in his police locker.

BBM. Seriously? :what: Whoa, this indeed puts many questions forward.

Poor RieLee :(

I want to know the deal about 'the way the RieLee Lovell case was handled'. What does that mean? [Only 2 comments to the article but the first one is interesting because of the last name]

Trial set for former Wagner police chief accused of covering girlfriend's meth use
The defense claims some potential jurors may dislike Chaney for past arrests. The defense also said there is already a lot of dislike for the Wagner police force because of the way the RieLee Lovell case was handled.

http://www.ksfy.com/story/19276154/...hief-accused-of-covering-girlfriends-meth-use

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emmachabada
Back