ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #2

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Pennington County SO on Twitter
    After 7 hours of high intensity searching, our crews did not locate 9 year old Serenity Dennard. More than 80 people, 2 dog teams, and 1 helicopter scoured the area. We will resume searching this weekend as weather permits.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. flashy09

flashy09 Well-Known Member

I am going full blown now with my gut theory she was picked up on the road -either randomly or organized by someone within the home. I think a 9 yr old that is developing hypothermia within 20 minutes (which is what I have read here) would have been found by now.

jewelsmac, cass523, Alcina and 16 others like this.
  3. kay74

kay74 Well-Known Member

I hope so. I prayed for that sweet little girl.

cass523, watcher9, AnnaGrace and 2 others like this.
  4. PommyMommy

5. SkipperKey3

SkipperKey3 Well-Known Member

Per that link:
    "Now with the snow melting, the search is on, with 80 people searching around Teepee Gulch Road Wednesday in hopes of finding 9-year-old Serenity Dennard."
    The Sheriff's Dept also said that it had Teepee Gulch Road closed off for the dogs earlier today.
    But in looking at the map, Teepee Gulch Road seems to be pretty far out and would be an odd place to start searching. I don't think she could have made it that far.
    Unless - Google Maps is not quite accurate, and the smaller road that spurs off S. Rockerville Rd right by the Home, and that meanders around for several miles before eventually joining up with Teepee Gulch Rd., is actually a part of Teepee Gulch Rd. But it doesn't look like it to me, as that smaller road is really nothing more than a little dirt pathway, as opposed to Teepee Gulch Rd., which appears to be a more established road.
    Or am I missing something?

6. MsGazette

MsGazette Just call me Ms G

7. PommyMommy

The reporter says in the video above that they had Teepee Gulch Rd. and S. Rockerville Rd. closed. This is a shot from the video and it looks like the spur:
    Screenshot 2019-03-27 20.46.09.png

You can see where Teepee Gulch goes all the way from 16 and intersects with S. Rockerville Rd. here: Google Maps

Satellite view: Google Maps

Or am I missing something, hahaha?!! :p

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  8. MsGazette

MsGazette Just call me Ms G

Me too!!!

flashy09, human, misgrn and 1 other person like this.
  9. Trocroc9

Trocroc9 Well-Known Member

Something is definitely not right here! I really think they would have found her today if she was out there. I know there is still more searching planned but how far could a 9 year old get in such terrible conditions.

Maiko, jewelsmac, cass523 and 11 others like this.
  10. FruitSnack

FruitSnack Well-Known Member

How well have the grounds been searched? I just keep thinking that she would have came back when got cold. Where are their dumpsters? Outside locked, outside unlocked? A kid would have no second thought going in there to avoid getting yelled at

11. human

human Well-Known Member

If she was in a dumpster, that would be long gone.

12. human

human Well-Known Member

How could she plan an escape? How would she know what time it is?

Do kids know how to read a clock nowadays?

cass523, misgrn, Trocroc9 and 2 others like this.
  13. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

scmom, cass523, carbuff and 9 others like this.
  14. Jim_M

Jim_M Well-Known Member

I never realized how close they are to Mount Rushmore. Could someone on the way to, or returning from......

Nah, I'm letting my hopeful imagination get away from me.

15. flashy09

flashy09 Well-Known Member

Without cameras do we know for sure what exactly happened inside? Any phone calls made after she escaped by any of the workers?

From personal experience, people who work with children can do so for the wrong reasons.

Yes that is a wild card, but I hope every possibility is being looked at. It's far more likely she was taken randomly on the road.

Traymar, cass523, carbuff and 7 others like this.
  16. ilovechili

ilovechili Where is the wiKKed witch? Will Oct. bring her?

Some time back in some article it was stated that they were looking at I believe phone and computer records.

The camera question has never been answered satisfactorily and there have been conflicting answers to whether there were any, where, whether they worked and more.

I think too all possibilities should be looked at.

jmo and as I recall...

Traymar, cass523, human and 11 others like this.
  17. ilovechili

ilovechili Where is the wiKKed witch? Will Oct. bring her?

In my times to SD, I have encountered tourists from even Japan and other countries at Rushmore. The latest I have ever been though is late September and the other times it was summer (once the Sturgis rally which also brings tons of people to the area as we all know :)). I have no idea what tourism is like in the winter months. Someone did say there was some type of big show or event that weekend in Rapid City (I forget what)...

It sounds like this is not a well traveled road? Yet when I have been there, we take the lesser traveled roads between towns and attractions and may have been on this one for all I know but that is just us and how I prefer to travel, not sure how others are when visiting an area...

I found the remark yesterday about a parallel investigation and the fact it came from I think the Rapid City Police Chief rather interesting... I would not think they would have any jurisdiction over a county location...

It could they are just covering all of their bases but maybe there is some reason to hope...? I always have hope but it is slim in this case...

I do hope they continue with the searches.

Traymar, cass523, carbuff and 6 others like this.
  18. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

Unless her body is found, I am forever going to worry she is being held by someone who picked her up.

Maiko, Stunned, Traymar and 13 others like this.
  19. misgrn

misgrn Well-Known Member

Yes, locals have stated this isn't a well traveled road in the winter but you just never know..

As for tourism here in the winter, there is less due to our winter weather. Plus some popular tourist places out in the Rapid City area close. We do have places to ski and snowmobiling so that brings people in. Plus whatever hunting seasons there are might bring so people here too. Most of our tourism is in the nicer weather months. Plus we have the Corvette Rally in Spearfish in July and Sturgis Rally which both bring in a lot of people.

The event was the Black Hills Stock Show. Which according to their site is "the second largest event in the state of South Dakota following the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. An estimated 331,000 people attend the western festival that features 120 different livestock, horse and rodeo events along with over 300 vendors to shop from."

About

I also thought that comment was interesting. RCPD was listed as helping in the search for Serenity. Maybe since RCPD are nearby they are assisting PCSO with other parts of the investigation- like checking out tips or leads where RCPD does have jurisdiction? Maybe that is why he said he spoke about the parallel investigation?

I keep hope alive too.

All MOO

Traymar, cass523, carbuff and 8 others like this.
  20. SkipperKey3

SkipperKey3 Well-Known Member

Now they are saying just 1 to 3 inches. BTW the difference from our searches is that you were using Rapid City, and I was using Keystone, which is actually the closest town to the Home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.