ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does everyone think HONESTLY happened to Serenity?

Every morning I tell myself this 9 year old child did not sleep in her cozy, warm bed last night, and is not eating her favorite cereal this morning.

Serenity reportedly sneaked outside on a Sunday, shortly before noon, wearing snow boots but no coat.

Children in general do not like to be cold or hungry.

Initially, I thought Serenity went outside because she believed somebody was going to be waiting for her outside. I'd be overjoyed if that's what happened, and somebody did in fact collect her and take her somewhere safe and she's unharmed.

Realistically -- I think she went outside, just to run around the area, until she realized it was too cold, and got lost trying to find her way back to the home.

I can't fathom a 9 year old that is not afraid of the dark and/or ever intended to be outside any longer than her bladder or stomach would allow. I believe Serenity will be found very close to the home.

Praying it's sooner than later.

Every morning I tell myself this 9 year old child did not sleep in her cozy, warm bed last night, and is not eating her favorite cereal this morning.

Serenity reportedly sneaked outside on a Sunday, shortly before noon, wearing snow boots but no coat.

Children in general do not like to be cold or hungry.

Initially, I thought Serenity went outside because she believed somebody was going to be waiting for her outside. I'd be overjoyed if that's what happened, and somebody did in fact collect her and take her somewhere safe and she's unharmed.

Realistically -- I think she went outside, just to run around the area, until she realized it was too cold, and got lost trying to find her way back to the home.

I can't fathom a 9 year old that is not afraid of the dark and/or ever intended to be outside any longer than her bladder or stomach would allow. I believe Serenity will be found very close to the home.

Praying it's sooner than later.
Reading this, my heart just breaks. To think most people in this world would have taken in this little child and loved her and she didn't know that. She was all lonely and by herself. It's just unspeakable.

Interesting. During the last search, they used two dog teams from Colorado. This time, they have teams from the Northern Black Hills, Wyoming, Montana, and Colorado. Each dog will be accompanied by at least three people.
Pennington County Sheriff's Office
t4594.gif
#FindSerenity
t4594.gif

Interesting. During the last search, they used two dog teams from Colorado. This time, they have teams from the Northern Black Hills, Wyoming, Montana, and Colorado. Each dog will be accompanied by at least three people.
Pennington County Sheriff's Office
t4594.gif
#FindSerenity
t4594.gif

It sounds like they want to make sure there are enough people to check out locations the dog shows interest in, instead of waiting for the dog to do all the work. Good idea.

I believe she's out there.
When children run away, most of them have no idea of where they are going. They are just trying to get away from wherever they were. With Serenity coming from a heated building, she never thought about it being so cold outside that it could kill her. By the time the cold really hit her body, it would have been too late for her to make her way back even if she had tried.
MOO
Prayers for the dog teams as they begin a new search this weekend and hopefully they will be able to find her this time.

The Pennington County Sheriff’s Office will use six dog teams in a new search effort Saturday and Sunday. Each team includes at least three people who will “scour the area and search for any sign of the missing child,” a sheriff’s office release stated.

Some 25 to 30 people will be involved in the weekend effort.

The sheriff’s office asks that people living in the Rockerville, Foster Gulch and Highway 16 areas search their property and outbuildings.

Dog teams search for Serenity Dennard

Attachments

• Serenity+Dennard+Missing+Description+on+Map.jpg
    Serenity+Dennard+Missing+Description+on+Map.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20190427-095007.jpg
    Screenshot_20190427-095007.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 9
Lynne DiSanto said during her last video update that she was meeting with the Sheriff's Dept and family last Thursday and after that meeting she would give another update. I wonder what happened as she didn't give an update and people have asked on her site but she hasn't replied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire