ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #3

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 3, 2019.

1. kay74

kay74 Well-Known Member

Really! I sure would have.

2. kay74

kay74 Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem like there's much care there, does it?

3. Rocco

Rocco Well-Known Member

I assume she also has joint legal custody of the brother. How long has it been since she's seen him?

4. SkipperKey3

SkipperKey3 Well-Known Member

I don't think it has ever been said that it has been "years" since DG saw Serenity. She did see her regularly in the beginning after the separation/divorce. It seems that it only after CD moved unexpectedly (without informing DG) that DG lost contact, since CD also stopped taking calls from DG. We don't know for how long, or if she was able to see Serenity after that. We are told that CD made it difficult to near impossible for DG to see Serenity, despite repeated attempts. But we don't know how long it has been.
    As for why DG didn't take more drastic measures, it has never been said. Perhaps she didn't want Serenity's life to be disrupted yet again, so was still trying to take care of it herself. That, however, doesn't totally explain why she (DG) didn't even know that Serenity was in the Home.
    Also, I agree that when Serenity was taken out of the custody of CD, that child services (or whoever) should have at least gotten in touch with DG, since she had joint custody. That part really bothers me, but I don't know where the blame lies - with CD for not telling child services that DG had joint custody, with child services for not checking Serenity's records as to custody, for DG for not stepping forward, assuming that she even knew about the event at all. There's too much we don't know.

5. Rocco

Rocco Well-Known Member

I find it hard to believe when CPS removed her from the home, they didn't get back round information that told them who the other legal parent was so she could be placed with her.

6. SkipperKey3

SkipperKey3 Well-Known Member

Yes, that part is really curious. At the very least, they should have contacted DG.

7. Rocco

Rocco Well-Known Member

The paternal grandmother claims it's been years but who knows----DG hasn't said and neither has Lynne. Why is that? I think it's significant.

8. Rocco

Rocco Well-Known Member

And she was returned to them after 3 weeks. So did they investigate and find the claim to be untrue?

9. misgrn

misgrn Well-Known Member

I am not positive. I have read things saying years (3ish) but I have not seen a specific time frame given. We know DG likely hadn't seen or talked with Serenity after she was admitted to BHCH since it has been said DG didn't know Serenity was there so minimum of several months (7 if I recall based on CD and KD articles Serenity was at BHCH in July of 2018.)

10. misgrn

misgrn Well-Known Member

That is my understanding of how it went down. So maybe it was found to be an unsubstantiated/unfounded claim or they could have determined it was false allegations.

I also find it odd that DSS didn't show Darcie as the adoptive mom in Serenity's file. Unless contact info was out of date, they didn't look hard to find her, maybe CD told them she had been absent for years and didn't know how to contact her.

Edited to fix spelling error

11. Rocco

Rocco Well-Known Member

Didn't DG say Chad moved and she didn't know where and then he moved back and she didn't know that either? That had to have taken more than a short amount of time. I'd like to hear the other side of the story. So far, we've only heard DGs side via Lynne.

watcher9, GarAndTeed, Jim_M and 4 others like this.
  12. misgrn

misgrn Well-Known Member

Yes, DG stated that in her interview with Lynne.

I too wish we heard the other side. I have only seen some comments about some things here and there.

watcher9, GarAndTeed, Jim_M and 4 others like this.
  13. Rocco

Rocco Well-Known Member

I give CD credit for not airing all this dirty laundry out in public and letting the court sort it out.

Good on Lynne for keeping Serenity's name out there but taunting the attorneys in her video was a little over the top.

14. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Can the compound be searched with a warrant?

15. human

human Well-Known Member

On what basis? What is the probable cause?

Burnt_Biscuits, PommyMommy and misgrn like this.
  16. aegarner1

aegarner1 Well-Known Member

watcher9, AnnaGrace, carbuff and 4 others like this.
  17. MsGazette

MsGazette Just call me Ms G

watcher9, AnnaGrace and misgrn like this.
  18. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Rocking one sock for Serenity today. :)

Rock One Sock for Missing Kids
    “Rock One Sock” is the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children’s annual social media campaign to bring awareness to the thousands of children missing in America. In honor of National Missing Children’s Day on May 25, NCMEC encourages everyone to join the campaign and get people talking about this important issue. Keep the conversations going by sharing photos of missing children to help save our country’s kids.

It’s easy! Just put on one sock and take a picture, post it on social media using #RockOneSock and make a donation to NCMEC. It’s as simple as: Wear – Share – Care!

19. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

@PommyMommy I love that idea. I’m going to check it out.

watcher9, Jim_M, AnnaGrace and 6 others like this.
  20. Caylee Advocate

Caylee Advocate Well-Known Member

18 miles from where little Serenity went missing. I doubt it is connected but I am glad they found his remains. :(

watcher9, Jim_M, AnnaGrace and 3 others like this.