SD SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #4

On Saturday, officials, volunteers and dogs continued their search for Serenity.

Nearly one year later, search continues for missing South Dakota girl - KTIV

Serenity-Dennard-Web.jpg

My inner instinct (okay, my gut feeling) about Serenity is that she escaped. She found a way out of there. How, or why, is whatever we might dream up. The alternative, takes my breath away. And each search, that catch in my heart, makes the reality something we all find some 'way' to face. All IMHO as nothing linked.

KaSandra posted a reward. There was a reported possible sighting in Washington State. It was initially denied, but then it was confirmed by step mom that there was a possible sighting reported and that it was being looked into. That post has since been taken down, but then yesterday a reward was posted.

Attachments

• 82428893_10157494696800709_3351022587730722816_n.jpg
    82428893_10157494696800709_3351022587730722816_n.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 34
Interesting.

Is this the first time a reward has been issued for Serenity?
From the Family, yes. According to that side, they were told by LE to not offer a reward, as it wouldn't be helpful. They said that when the time was right they would offer one... I just wonder if there was some credibility to the possible sighting in Washington. Apparently, it isn't the first one they've had in the last 6 months.

Lynne has a fundraiser with the adoptive mother that is supposed to be used for reward, but that's not really advertised.

My feeling is that if there was a body out there, there would have been some evidence that Serenity was there. A piece of clothing, a boot, something. They've found nothing.

There might be - but finding it is EXTREMELY difficult. I worked as a LE Park Ranger and was involved in SAR for many people. You have no idea how incredibly hard it is to find a living person out in the wild, let alone remains. It's very very very easy to miss something - even experienced rescuers do. Combine that with the brutal weather in SD and at least to me, it's no surprise that her remains have not been found yet. And yes,I do believe -sadly- that she's no longer with us.

My inner instinct (okay, my gut feeling) about Serenity is that she escaped. She found a way out of there. How, or why, is whatever we might dream up. The alternative, takes my breath away. And each search, that catch in my heart, makes the reality something we all find some 'way' to face. All IMHO as nothing linked.
bbm
Yes, that's all it could possibly be -- into thin air (I'll say again) she went.
Someone inside the place or outside the place helped her out of there. If could have been a hitch-hiker's nightmare for her -- unplanned help on the highway, and then she was gone by the hands of the driver, etc., or maybe she is being held somewhere. She could have simply had help and is living undercover or in a place where no one has recognized her.
It's anyone's guess which is just sad beyond words. And nothing but bottomless hurt and this ongoing mystery for her family.

Even though Serenity was 9 years old, she was the size of a small adult, 4 ft 7 and 90 lbs according to link on first post. Maybe she was stronger and more determined and was able to make it further than the searches have been conducted. She was good at hiding and could have found the perfect spot for her to hide which would make it harder for the searchers to locate her. I would love to learn that she were located somewhere else under roof with a good Samaritan that didn't want to contact authorities but that just doesn't seem likely to me. I do think she is still up there on that mountain somewhere.

I would have expected her to appear heavier at 90 pounds so it may be she was quite strong. She is said to be extremely intelligent. I am aware she has difficulty bonding due to her constant uprooting. It is hard to imagine any 9-year-old surviving this outside of a Disney movie scenario. But she is not an ordinary 9-year-old and hopefully this has been an asset to her.

I would have expected her to appear heavier at 90 pounds so it may be she was quite strong. She is said to be extremely intelligent. I am aware she has difficulty bonding due to her constant uprooting. It is hard to imagine any 9-year-old surviving this outside of a Disney movie scenario. But she is not an ordinary 9-year-old and hopefully this has been an asset to her.
IMO the only way she could have survived is if an adult “rescued” her. But none of the scenarios I have in my mind involving an adult that would voluntarily hide a 9 year old bode well for Serenity. IMO best we can hope for is another Jamie Closs, which is better than perishing in the wilderness but awful nonetheless.

Unfortunately I think she’s out there in the woods, just waiting to be recovered. It’s heartwarming to see the continued efforts and dedication of search teams working to find her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back