SD SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #4

AUG 3, 2019
Pennington County Sheriff's Office
The Northern Hills Wolfpack searched for Serenity using their canines.
67874446_2537378886324187_5918935666598608896_n.jpg
67751298_2537378919657517_2692182481494343680_n.jpg

67768488_2537378969657512_8708680284431712256_n.jpg
67665013_2537378966324179_1358691004051357696_n.jpg
Wow look at how high that grass is. Sigh. Poor kid. I wonder if they’ll ever find her.

Hi everyone, I've read on serenitys disappearance a little but I've not had the time to go back through the threads so sorry if this has been discussed before, but is there no way serenity was abducted after she ran away? Is that not something le is even considering? Tia
Yes LE are investigating all scenarios and that is definitely something that has been discussed! A 9 yr old girl on the side of a road in what looks to be the middle of nowhere (seriously, google earth that children's home) would be a prime opportunity for a kidnapper. There are a couple
of sex offenders within a few miles as well, but I am sure they have been checked out because the number of interviews (over 390) and 6 search warrants served is pretty impressive.

I still think she was abducted on the road or she is VERY close to the home. She was a known hider, not a runaway, and when spotted she was walking on a road - not sprinting into the woods. She was picked up or she went somewhere to hide around the children's home and maybe she broke her leg and got very very cold quickly or just didn't realize what was happening when hypothermia started to take over while hiding and took a "nap." I think when they find her it will be like Savannah Spurlock. She has been right there the whole time.

Although now I am wondering why the smell would not be overwhelming. Maybe animals have taken her elsewhere. It is so wild around the home.

I still think she was abducted on the road or she is VERY close to the home. She was a known hider, not a runaway, and when spotted she was walking on a road - not sprinting into the woods. She was picked up or she went somewhere to hide around the children's home and maybe she broke her leg and got very very cold quickly or just didn't realize what was happening when hypothermia started to take over while hiding and took a "nap." I think when they find her it will be like Savannah Spurlock. She has been right there the whole time.

Although now I am wondering why the smell would not be overwhelming. Maybe animals have taken her elsewhere. It is so wild around the home.
BBM What do you mean, it is so wild around the home?

Search for Serenity scaled back during Sturgis Motorcycle Rally - KNBN NewsCenter1

I can only imagine that it must have been difficult for LE to put the search on hold or scale it back. Of course, there may be a reason they are representing it in the media that way. Sometimes that occurs to put a kidnapper at ease. All I can see is my daughter (the same age) in her smiling face and I think I’m just grasping at straws. I can’t even imagine what I would be like if my own was out there somewhere. Respectfully & full of hope, IMO.

Hi everyone, I've read on serenitys disappearance a little but I've not had the time to go back through the threads so sorry if this has been discussed before, but is there no way serenity was abducted after she ran away? Is that not something le is even considering? Tia
It is possible - at this point, nothing can be ruled out. However, it would seem that the chances of that actually happening are pretty small. She was seen walking on the road. It was in the middle of nowhere on a road very lightly traveled. The weather was worsening, with temperatures dropping in and through the 20s. It was early on a Sunday. There would be little or no traffic, with the exception of those dropping off children at the Home, nor would the conditions have been conducive to somebody just out driving around, with a storm moving in. Serenity was seen walking on the road. When the people who saw her went up to get her, which by one MSM report was only three minutes later, she was gone. That's a pretty slim window. And, as others have said, Serenity is a hider - she had apparently hidden in some hard to spot places in the past. Was she trying to get somewhere or was she just hiding?
So again, it is possible, and can't be ruled out, but it seems pretty unlikely given the weather, the small time frame, and the remote location.

As to being "VERY close to the Home", it is highly possible IF her thought was simply to hide. On the other hand, if she was wanting to get somewhere, she could have wandered for miles, even in a state of delirium, and ended up quite some distance from the Home. Unlikely, but not impossible.
Yes, she was walking. But if she heard somebody coming for her or calling for her, she may have broken into a sprint at that point, and ducked off the road to put as much distance between herself and the Home as possible without being seen. We just don't know.

As to being "VERY close to the Home", it is highly possible IF her thought was simply to hide. On the other hand, if she was wanting to get somewhere, she could have wandered for miles, even in a state of delirium, and ended up quite some distance from the Home. Unlikely, but not impossible.
Yes, she was walking. But if she heard somebody coming for her or calling for her, she may have broken into a sprint at that point, and ducked off the road to put as much distance between herself and the Home as possible without being seen. We just don't know.

For sure. I personally just can't shake the feeling that a 9 yr old in that kind of cold would keep an eye on the home. Even just to watch the game of people trying to find her. Unless she had truly had enough and didn't care anymore. The sad thing with this search is there no good outcome unless some off the grid citizen picked her up and is keeping her somewhere else remote and treating her kindly. About a .02% chance, but it's so grim outside of that. Poor Serenity and all the adults that failed her.

Are they doing a 360 degree search around the home or mainly concentrating on the road and hill where she was last seen?
Here are a couple of maps that show the areas searched. Short answer; all around the home. I'm sure there's an updated map somewhere but I can't seem to find it. MOO

Feb 9, 2019
PHOTOS: The search for Serenity Dennard

5c5e2a915035b-image-jpg.180170

A close-up image of where search and rescue personal have searched for 9-year-old Serenity Dennard. The yellow lines represent people, the hot pink lines represent dogs, and the blue lines represent an airplane. Arielle Zionts Journal staff

May 1, 2019
Cadaver dogs detect scent in search for Serenity Dennard

9914e493-dea1-4e90-8b40-9d7011ab4aab-Section_A_of_search_end_March_-_4-28-19.JPG

Red lines on a map of the Black Hills area show where teams have searched for Serenity Dennard since her disappearance in February, based on GPS data. Green lines show where K-9 units have searched. (Photo: Pennington County Sheriff's Office)

Are they doing a 360 degree search around the home or mainly concentrating on the road and hill where she was last seen?
I believe their most recent searches have been to eliminate areas section by section, as in a grid approach. From what has been reported in MSM, they have gone north and west in the recent searches, but they've also gone southeast. So my guess is they aren't ruling anything out and are trying to eliminate all areas within a certain radius - in all directions. They started with a 1-mile radius but have expanded that to at least 2 and a half miles. Actually, I think they are going out even further, as the one area they checked was a popular spot which I think is a good 3 miles away, although that is by road. It may be less as the crow flies, so may be in the radius.
The problem is, no section can be ruled out totally, even once they've been searched.
What I haven't heard recently is if there have been any more scents picked up by dogs.

AUG 8, 2019
The search for Serenity Dennard continues during rally week
SERENITY+SEARCH+PIC.jpg

Despite the hectic pace of rally week, a group of authorities and volunteers continued their search for Serenity Dennard on the morning of Aug. 8.

Covering a three-mile radius, about 30 people and two canines trekked through tall grasses just Northeast of the children's home for any evidence of Serenity.

[...]

"We sit down the first part of each week and assess where we're at and of course it' s rally week this week, so we kind of tentatively planned a search for today depending on what was going on with rally week. It's driven by resources available, driven by weather, driven by the information we have, we follow the information whether it's investigatively or through our search efforts," said Pennington County Sheriff Kevin Thom.

The sheriff said he is committed to bringing Serenity home and the search will continue until she is found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back