Search Center: Information, Pics, and Chat

Ok I have contacted Elma, McCleary, Olympia, Shelton and they all said no to advertising the up coming searches on the billing statement and news letter. Either because of legal reasons or they don't do it. I am still waiting to hear back from Montesano and Aberdeen.

So see, here's my point. Lindsey's case is not getting the local support from our cities it needs and this is one avenue that could really help get the word out. It makes you wonder how much politics is involved. I mean if it was the Mayor's child missing of any town, they'd be all over the search information. In my opinion the search center has been fighting an uphill battle in this respect.

I also want to note I did see some police presence at the search center on Saturday.

Okay, this came up about our water billings over something MUCH MORE controversial than this! A local CHURCH was having a BBQ and wanted it announced on the billings! Unless McCleary has a city ordinance about the billing announcements, the "law of the land" is that if you allow messages they MUST be for ALL and not anything commercial or asking for money.

In our case, the church was having a FREE community-wide BBQ with no strings attached, so it was allowed.

Ask the city employees if they have an ordinance about them. If they do, ask for a copy and look it over. If they do not, attend the next council meeting.

Wish I would have known you guys were doing that I would have given you a heads up. We tried that some time ago and got the same response. :crosseyed:

If you find out about the counsel meeting times and dates let me know and we can go together if you want. I'd like to bring up a few things anyway.

I'll look into it and let you know.

BTW, there should be a reporter at the meeting and just the mere fact that you attend with this request could put you on the front cover of a local paper. :wink:

The City Council meets the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month at City Hall. A work session begins at 6:30 pm and the Council meeting begins at 7:00 pm.

The Planning Commission meets at City Hall on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 5:30 pm.

BTW, there should be a reporter at the meeting and just the mere fact that you attend with this request could put you on the front cover of a local paper. :wink:

Really that would be great.

The City Council meets the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month at City Hall. A work session begins at 6:30 pm and the Council meeting begins at 7:00 pm.

The Planning Commission meets at City Hall on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 5:30 pm.

Same nights as here! LOL

You want the City Council meeting. Planning Commission has nothing to do with what you want to do.

I wonder if putting a flyer up at Evergreen State College in Olympia would get some volunteers out. There are bulletin boards at the Student Center and probably ones at the various cafeterias. They also have an organization called "Community Based Learning," which someone could probably convince that searches for Lindsey would apply to their objectives. Most of the students there are quite comfortable in the woods and hiking everywhere.

I wonder if putting a flyer up at Evergreen State College in Olympia would get some volunteers out. There are bulletin boards at the Student Center and probably ones at the various cafeterias. They also have an organization called "Community Based Learning," which someone could probably convince that searches for Lindsey would apply to their objectives. Most of the students there are quite comfortable in the woods and hiking everywhere.

That is definitely worth a try - good idea. We will have someone get some fliers up over there.

I had a friend post some up, but they need to be updated.

A few of last weeks searchers were actually from Evergreen... they said they were going to get some flyers posted up there this week.

I'd just like to say thank you to all of you who search for Lindsey. My fragile faith in the goodness of people is strengthened each and every time I come here to check on her, and I find you all are here, again, and still, working so hard together to find this child.
Your kindness and generosity amaze me!

a030.gif
Thanks!

Newby here. Never been on a forum. I am amazed at your perseverance and knowledge. I have kept up with Lindsey's case since the moment it was on the news.

I am a Ron and Don listener (we're called the Ron and Don Nation) and I am so happy Don is so passionated and his passion helped me with the decision to help.

I volunteered Sat. I was moved by MB. Such strength.

Anything I can do - I am here and there for you.

sptd3.gif

I said I'd get some up over there...then forgot to get any fliers because my printer is out of ink and I haven't gotten my financial aid checks yet. ..so I can't print any myself. I'm on campus 3-5 days a week, so it wouldn't be hard to go around and put them up.

Newby here. Never been on a forum. I am amazed at your perseverance and knowledge. I have kept up with Lindsey's case since the moment it was on the news.

I am a Ron and Don listener (we're called the Ron and Don Nation) and I am so happy Don is so passionated and his passion helped me with the decision to help.

I volunteered Sat. I was moved by MB. Such strength.

Anything I can do - I am here and there for you.

sptd3.gif

Welcome to WS. Glad to have you here.

Thank you so much for coming out last weekend. I hope you (and the rest of the Ron and Don Nation) will join us again in the future searches. :)

I said I'd get some up over there...then forgot to get any fliers because my printer is out of ink and I haven't gotten my financial aid checks yet. ..so I can't print any myself. I'm on campus 3-5 days a week, so it wouldn't be hard to go around and put them up.

I'd stop at the McCleary PD and ask them if they have some.

I talked with an old instructor at Grays Harbor College and she is going to see if the HUST program there will get involved. So my fingers are crossed. They are a great group.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back