Search on for friendly, furry prison escapee

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Mazama, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Mazama

Mazama New Member

A fugitive is on the run from the state women's prison in Purdy - but there's no danger.
    That's because the fugitive in this case is one of the service dogs being trained by the inmates to help physically challenged people.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/409464_escapee21.html?source=rss

Hope they find him soon. Having the leash attached poses a danger of him getting caught on something.

Maz

2. Loading...

3. lizzybeth

lizzybeth Active Member

Poor Indy. I hope they find him soon.

4. Unknownlady

Unknownlady UID

I adopt retired seeing eye dogs. I put my last guy to sleep in 2006. His name was Eric and he served as a guide dog for 9 years before I got him. I miss him. I will be taking my next retired guide dog by June 2010. Her name is Widgeon.
    Service dogs are the best. They deserve a loving retirement. Sometimes they are considered non-adoptable because they are old and have illnesses. I took Eric despite his uncontolled diabetes and blindness - yes he was walking his blind owner around while partially blind for a while. The owner refused to euthanize him and I found them by accident lost in a parking lot one day. The Seeing Eye would not give him a new dog until Eric was euthanized. I adopted Eric the next day. Eric required 2 insulin shots daily. This is one of the most rewarding things I have ever done in my life.
    I hope they find this dog.