Searchers and the Motion Regarding TES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say this but after reading the written statements provided by JJ and LB if JJ was not included in the list of TE searchers from Sept 1 Tim Miller submitted and he turned in documentation from the search that day - I would think that would be a problem.

Now if he was in a group and someone else signed the form - or he never signed in at all as an 'official search team member' as was stated, that would be a reason WHY and to get that reason at least the sign in sheets/assignments need to be submitted to the court for proof re: that Sept 1 date.

LB is a little easier since she flat out admits she wasn't part of the 'official' TE search so her name is not going to appear anywhere anyway so her evidence is just hearsay.

jmo

Thank you! I had been looking for that information for quite a while. Interesting... the remains site was prone to flood that there was no standing water there in June (when disposal took place) since it rained virtually everyday.

June 2008:

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KMCO/2008/6/24/MonthlyHistory.html#calendar

yet there was standing water when Kronk was there August 11. TS Faye did not go through till later. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/weather/hurricane/sfl-hurricane-fay,0,6225324.story.

This is the July 2008 calendar:

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KMCO/2008/7/24/MonthlyHistory.html#calendar

August 2008- there appears to be very few rainy days during the first part of this month:

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KMCO/2008/8/24/MonthlyHistory.html#calendar

I don't know if dumping the body there would necessarily require a flooded area. I have never heard that it had to be flooded.... Dry or flooded a body could be dumped

MOO

I hate to say this but after reading the written statements provided by JJ and LB if JJ was not included in the list of TE searchers from Sept 1 Tim Miller submitted and JJ turned in written documentation from the search that day - I would think that would be a problem.

Now if he was in a group and someone else signed the form - or he never signed in at all as an 'official search team member' as was stated, that would be a reason WHY and to get that reason at least the sign in sheets/assignments need to be submitted to the court for proof re: that Sept 1 date. I wouldn't think that would entitle JB to other information on the TE search team members.

The other thing is- obviously JB and team have probably contacted all the TE team members that were there and couldn't get any other 'good' information from their perspective or we would be hearing/seeing more depositions - such as "the area where the body was found was dry" or "IMO the search could have been conducted it was dry enough"......

LB is a little easier since she flat out admits she wasn't part of the 'official' TE search so her name is not going to appear anywhere anyway so as I understand it her evidence is just hearsay. Maybe one of our legal whizzes can jump in here.....

jmo

Anyone think there is any possibility one of the A's (besides kc) could have done the disposal after the car was picked up from the tow yard? IIRC, LE did not take possesion of the car right away, I think it was like 24 hrs later

Simon L. from the tow yard opened the car trunk. Simon looked through the trashbag and was the one to throw the trash into a dumpster.

Something has been nagging at me about Tim being a witness. I'm hoping that neither side decides to drag him through the mud and bring his personal life into the light and try to discredit him in any way. He doesn't deserve to be embarrassed on the stand, but who knows what kind of ugly questions might be asked?

Cindy Anthony has made it her mission to do just that all along. I'm trying to recall who it was she was talking to about Suburban Drive being flooded, when she said - paraphrasing her- 'The only liquid back there was Tim Miller's urine and his spilled vodka'. Doesn't get much more venomous than that.

If you search for Laura's name in parenthisese (sp) on google i found an aol email adress on another forum where she said that she just moved to Mendham (sp), I ran it on myspace and found a myspace page for Miss Laura. She has two friends, Tom, and tada....Caylee Marie Anthony offical memorial page. She hasnt been on there since march and her status says "concerned for my friends in Florida"!

The user name is buchanan262

Ps spelling bad today, sorry lol

I brought this over from the casey is innocent (not) website thread. I figure it needs to go here.

My grandfatther had a heart attack and died in the woods on some family land we own probably about 50 feet from the clearing. My dad walked within in feet of him several times and did not see him. Finally the sherriffs office came and searched and found him within a few hours. That being said he was only missing for a few hours and was a full grown man that was not exposed to the elements for months. Caylee was just a tiny little girl, by the time they searched for Caylee she was probably already bones or close to it, it was over a month. So I can see why someone may have walked right by her, and I bet in December the vegitation was less so that's why she was found then, or she may have been found sooner if that deputiy would have done his job.

Just food for thought...these "new winesses" for the defense have not been deposed under oath. Statments were taken of them by a defense Private Detective. (to my understanding). If so, none of what they had to say means anything. Until they they are sworn under oath, this is just defense posturing.

This pic is originally posted in post #5 (credit to Unsolved)of the "Area Body Found in "Too Strange" Was it Searched?Part # 2 " thread.
_________
I am not too good at linking yet - but this gives a good idea of what it looked like in September

No surprise to me that searchers looked but did not find. I would not think many would get on hands and knees...
_________
Unsolved quote "TES must have been in the area in September because I found this Sentinel picture from September that says:

Diane Latham and Jon Hansen bushwack in today's search for Caylee Anthony conducted by EquuSearch covering an area near the Anthony home off Suburban Way."

Attachments

• caseysearch.bmp
    436.6 KB · Views: 35
I am thinking that for every searcher that JB comes up with that says they searched that area and didn't see anything, the prosescution will be able to come up with at least 10 that say it was under water. I don't think this is going to make any difference.

Anyone notice that the Buchanan statement was faxed/sent from a Brian Buchanan from a Tampa Florida number. I thought she lived in New Jersey.

Maybe they have a winter house? Just observing.....

I think CA will live to regret a lot of what she has said and done. When you've lost a loved one tragically, vodka or heavy medications, they both do the trick so CA has no room to speak. Difference is, everyday TM is revisiting that same emotion through others who have someone missing but at least he is doing something positive not negative. JMO

Edit to add: Oh, and Cindy...it's not Tim's urine back there in the woods...it's Kronks. Try to follow the script sweetheart.

I don't know if dumping the body there would necessarily require a flooded area. I have never heard that it had to be flooded.... Dry or flooded a body could be dumped

MOO
<bolded and underscored by me>

Huh?? No where in my post did I say dumping a body required a flooded area. I meant I found it interesting that a body would be dumped in a flood prone area after significant rain everyday that month. I have a hard time envisioning Casey wading through water in a garbage (broken bottles... drug paraphenilia) and snake infested area. I also find it interesting that after minimal rain a male would fear going into the area to check out a bag with a suspected skull of a child especially when he is 99.9 percent sure it is a skull. I was just making an observation that I found it interesting is all.

Exactly!! There wasn't what you'd expect to find or see as a 'body'. Most of Caylee was scattered in the undergrowth and animal holes over an acre, the skull and rest in the bag was tucked under a palmetto with LOTS of brush.

Even if you could see it (partially) you'd dismiss it as part of the rest of the trash and debris in that area.

It was skeletonized and so there would be no decaying remains, smell or, buzzards -- that was all long gone from July.

It took the die back of that vegetation to properly reveal the skull.

Interesting theory about die-back of the foliage, but would there be much die back really? Seems like even the vines and everything were still present and leafy when the remains were found. The shrubby palms and so on obviously don't die back. The skull tucked under a kind of plant that dies back? Are you sure? I don't remember ever reading that. Most of her remains scattered over an acre and tucked in animal holes? I remember them checking animals holes, but didn't remember the remains being found in them....

if K could see it why no one else?

<bolded and underscored by me>

Huh?? No where in my post did I say dumping a body required a flooded area. I meant I found it interesting that a body would be dumped in a flood prone area after significant rain everyday that month. I have a hard time envisioning Casey wading through water in a garbage (broken bottles... drug paraphenilia) and snake infested area. I also find it interesting that after minimal rain a male would fear going into the area to check out a bag with a suspected skull of a child especially when he is 99.9 percent sure it is a skull. I was just making an observation that I found it interesting is all.

Sorry - misunderstood you!

I understand the topography to be a few feet from the road with a downslope and quite full of greenery so I didn't have the same 'view'. I don't think one could see all the garbage until they cleared away some of the vegetation.

I posted a pic a few posts up from Unsolved on a different thread.

Again - my apologies for the misunderstanding!

I just have trouble accepting that the amount of water that could be there would prevent an actual search team or police from finding a skull there. People could search the Econ River but not a puddle so close to the road? I always wondered about that. Like they have all these vehicles, but no just regular tall boots to check out a wet place?

When you guys saw the remains site did you remember seeing any kind of deep area there? I went to see it last January and I never saw any kind of deep depression at all. Just the slightest slope downward from the curb, hardly even noticable. But maybe I missed something. I definitely don't remember seeing any area where it could fill to waist deep with water, nothing like that, I just say "waist deep" because I often hear that term used

I just have trouble accepting that the amount of water that could be there would prevent an actual search team or police from finding a skull there. People could search the Econ River but not a puddle so close to the road? I always wondered about that. Like they have all these vehicles, but no just regular tall boots to check out a wet place?

When you guys saw the remains site did you remember seeing any kind of deep area there? I went to see it last January and I never saw any kind of deep depression at all. Just the slightest slope downward from the curb, hardly even noticeable. But maybe I missed something

The Econ River was not in weeds and brush that stood to the mid section of the searchers either. I am sure that in small areas such as that, snakes would have also been an issue. Independent teams may have searched through the water like that, but I doubt that Tim would have put his searchers in that situation and disregard their safety. My opinion is that the exact spot was not searched due to flood waters.

Even in Florida and especially in Orlando with its more tropical climate there are normal seasonal cycles of vegetation. The plants, shrubs, trees, grasses, weeds, vines etc.....do experience their own cycles. The plants themselves may be there but new growth may not occur and other growth may die back. This is one of the ways that plants by their very nature survive. THe site istelf may present the appearance that it is a minimal slope, but that determination requires measurement as well as topography assessment. The dump site itself did slope away from the road. Additionally...other areas sloped into that particular (zone).....Water found a way to drain from that area BUT it CAN NOT drain properly while the ground is overly saturated. Water may stand at 6 or so inches when the ground is at normal saturation. When that property experienced those heavy rains on top of already existing rainfall...water did not drain as quickly. One may miss a "slope" from the road, but unless you walk back into that property and view the other elevations and their drainage path....you really can't get the whole picture.

After the most recent case where the 15 year old girl murdered the 9 yr old girl (sorry, names are gone from memory right now) the 15 yr old buried the 9 yr old in the woods, which were searched more than once, and they passed right by the burial site. To me, no matter how careful and trained searchers are, they are gonna miss something unless you are searching a flat surface with no growth. This is not meant to bash volunteer searchers, but I, along with many other WSrs have participated in searches - I am amazed anything gets found sometimes because the staging and searching can be overcrowded with well intending people, but frankly they are not trained like LE is and they do not know how to protect an area that has been determined to be a crime scene. My point is that I feel the defense stragety of depending on someone saying that area had been searched as reasonal doubt that KC placed Caylee there can be chewed up and spit out in court and I think it will be.

Even in Florida and especially in Orlando with its more tropical climate there are normal seasonal cycles of vegetation. The plants, shrubs, trees, grasses, weeds, vines etc.....do experience their own cycles. The plants themselves may be there but new growth may not occur and other growth may die back. This is one of the ways that plants by their very nature survive. THe site istelf may present the appearance that it is a minimal slope, but that determination requires measurement as well as topography assessment. The dump site itself did slope away from the road. Additionally...other areas sloped into that particular (zone).....Water found a way to drain from that area BUT it CAN NOT drain properly while the ground is overly saturated. Water may stand at 6 or so inches when the ground is at normal saturation. When that property experienced those heavy rains on top of already existing rainfall...water did not drain as quickly. One may miss a "slope" from the road, but unless you walk back into that property and view the other elevations and their drainage path....you really can't get the whole picture.

That makes much more sense than what I attempted to say! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77