Searching For Anna Book: Download and Comments

Annasmom and Doogie... make sure you take a look at this thread! :D

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60007

Thanks so much, MagicRose. By the way, I keep forgetting that people who have ordered the book have not yet seen it (because it takes 3-4 days at Lulu before it is ready to mail), so I will tell you that the book is dedicated to DrDoogie, SherlockJr, AnnasUnc and WebSleuths.

Finally ordered my copy today! I'm also sending an envelope to Annasmom for my bookplate. I can't wait to get both of them!

I received notification that my order shipped today, Monday. I just ordered on Friday! Of course I am in the middle of moving and had it shipped Media Mail to the new address, so it might be a while before I get to read it (where's the "impatient" icon? :waitasec: )

I received my bookplate today and my book is due this coming Wednesday. Thank you so much Annasmom! This'll make this book even that much more special for me!

A friend in England wrote this morning that he has already received his book from Lulu! I am still waiting for mine, but it is supposed to come on Monday. It's funny to think that deliveries to the west coast would take longer than deliveries across the Atlantic!

I received my book last Wednesday, just a few days after ordering. The cover photo does look a little pixelated, but not unattractive by any means.

-Melissa

SFA has moved from about 19-thousandth on Lulu's list to 12,633. This doesn't mean it has sold seven thousand books, but has something to do with the number sold in a given period of time. It's great that the word is getting out. When you get your copy, it would be good if you would go back to http://www.lulu.com/content/2005085 and leave a rating or a comment, so that people who don't know anything about the case yet could have a recommendation from a reader. Also, remember to send me a self-addressed stamped envelope if you want a signed bookplate (Annasmom, Box 370462, Montara, CA 94037). It's so nice to have this out there.

Good idea, Annasmom, about leaving the ratings/reviews.

I am waiting for my copies to arrive. I believe that once I receive them and they are officially approved, then the process of getting the books available from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc will begin. Once they are available there, if people could leave reviews on those sites also (even if you bought the book through Lulu), that would be helpful.

My copies just arrived, and I was anxious to see whether the cover would be pixelated.. Actually, the cover has a B.P. phenomenon (before pixels): It shows the grain of the canvas in what was an oil painting of Anna by Howard Gilligan.

Annasmom:

Is the type crisp or is it broken on the front and back covers?

I received my book today. Ordered it on 2-6; delivered today via media mail (Alabama). It is a beautiful book. The covers (front and back) are really pretty. No pixelating at all. Print looks great.
Going to start reading it now; kinda don't want to mess it up. I'm usually really rough on books; but plan to treat this one kindly and not drop it in the tub..hmm, maybe I should order another so as to always have a nice copy.
It looks as if you guys did a great job. Thanks...

It looks as if you guys did a great job.

Thanks, RD. This is a book that has been being written over the last 35 years (and continues to be written with each new revelation that we uncover). What I would like to do is to provide it with a happy ending.

I just wanted to let you know that I have just ordered my book from lulu and I will write a review there and anywhere else the book ends up being sold. I am also addressing an self-addressed envelope to Annasmom today.

Got my book! And it looks absolutely wonderful! I can't wait to start reading it...

and hey! I'm even mentioned in the book! "A Websleuths member created a side by side..." LOL!

I believe that lots of posters here will find oblique references to themselves in the chapter that I wrote. I didn't use any names (real or screen) unless I had permission from that poster. I just figured to err on the side of personal privacy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back