Searching for Anna

Disclaimer: I have not read the threads. I have only read the Charley Project Page to get a quick summary of the case. I noted this: "Anna's mother and stepfather believe she is still alive and may not know she is a missing child."

Has Anna's mom submitted DNA to the all the major commercial genealogical DNA websites? (Ancestry DNA, 23 & Me, Heritage DNA, Family Tree DNA, Etc)
I would start by doing that to look for any DNA relative matches. Then upload the zipfiles from the tests to GED Match as well (GED Match is another place to find genetic matches and is used by LE-- be sure to "opt in" to allow LE to compare your DNA profile to Doe cases).

Anna may not know she is a missing child but if she is alive she may have been told she was adopted. Or even if she was not told she was adopted, she could have had children and grandchildren of her own by now. Chances are that someone closely related to her may eventually be curious about their origins and upload their DNA to one of the commercial DNA websites. Anna's children or grandchildren would show up as close relatives of her mom.

Anna's Mom posts here. I believe she has submitted DNA via the companies, with no results so far. As you've mentioned, lots of material to wade through.

Thanks for checking in & adding to the discussion!

Disclaimer: I have not read the threads. I have only read the Charley Project Page to get a quick summary of the case. I noted this: "Anna's mother and stepfather believe she is still alive and may not know she is a missing child."

Has Anna's mom submitted DNA to the all the major commercial genealogical DNA websites? (Ancestry DNA, 23 & Me, Heritage DNA, Family Tree DNA, Etc)
I would start by doing that to look for any DNA relative matches. Then upload the zipfiles from the tests to GED Match as well (GED Match is another place to find genetic matches and is used by LE-- be sure to "opt in" to allow LE to compare your DNA profile to Doe cases).

Anna may not know she is a missing child but if she is alive she may have been told she was adopted. Or even if she was not told she was adopted, she could have had children and grandchildren of her own by now. Chances are that someone closely related to her may eventually be curious about their origins and upload their DNA to one of the commercial DNA websites. Anna's children or grandchildren would show up as close relatives of her mom.
Thank you for your interest. My DNA and that of Anna's brothers has been submitted to the national data base as well as to Ancestry. I think many of the sites dealing with this case need to be updated; Anna's stepfather died some years ago.

Wouldn't it be something if we could do a genealogical family tree for GB? It would be expensive, but we'd find someone for that unclaimed money.

Wouldn't it be something if we could do a genealogical family tree for GB? It would be expensive, but we'd find someone for that unclaimed money.

couldn't we just utilize all of the free parts of like ancestry family tree etc or if someone has a paid subscription to ancestry and try to find out?

do we have any dna for gb?

Even if we did, based on the costs mentioned at DDP (DNA doe project) are in area of 5000 to get the samples prepared for research. I don't think it would be worth pursuing something in that price range without conclusive evidence GB was involved.

Next steps. I think the next steps in this search would be identifying areas of interest in the area of the location disappeared and recruiting volunteers with cadaver dogs and possibly the help of Necrosearch.

I'm thinking so because of the neighbor who claimed to have heard a rustling or crunching type of sound as if something was stolen.

So much focus was along the creek. What about areas within walking or bicycle riding distance from Anna's home?

We can't rule out any possibility until Anna is found.

Next steps. I think the next steps in this search would be identifying areas of interest in the area of the location disappeared and recruiting volunteers with cadaver dogs and possibly the help of Necrosearch.

I'm thinking so because of the neighbor who claimed to have heard a rustling or crunching type of sound as if something was stolen.

So much focus was along the creek. What about areas within walking or bicycle riding distance from Anna's home?

We can't rule out any possibility until Anna is found.

I agree with you Cubby. The noise coming from the bush? ... wasn’t focused on. I’ve seen paths online to Anna’s house and area from the ocean.

Hello, Sleuthers. Sorry I have been such a no-show here but I have absolutely nothing of value to add. I hope that by stepping back it has allowed others to contribute the "missing piece" that will finally find Anna. Thank you to all that have carried on the search.

We miss you Doogie.
Hello, Sleuthers. Sorry I have been such a no-show here but I have absolutely nothing of value to add. I hope that by stepping back it has allowed others to contribute the "missing piece" that will finally find Anna. Thank you to all that have carried on the search.

It's good to see you Doogie. I'm sorry to hear you feel you have nothing of value to contribute. You were my mentor here when I first started following cases at WS and I am forever grateful.

I hope you would reconsider contributing your thoughts on any new leads we might uncover. Especially being one of the only locals to the area from which Anna went missing. Tunnel vision on any single theory or single avenue to pursue would be detrimental to this case.

We have never explored the possibility that Anna was harmed either intentionally or accidently and has been hidden in one of the nearby canyons far enough from the creek the area was not previously searched. We need a local to help with that possibility. To help with developing another flyer and distributing to local nature enthusiasts who use the public trails in the area. Maybe even to assist with recruiting volunteer SAR who have dogs that could search out human remains.

If and when you are ready to resume assisting the search, we are here and are ready to welcome you back!

you had so much to contribute and you still do!!! those of us who have been following and helping research Anna's case wont stop till she is returned home.

we need some new avenues to research and more people to continue to brainstorm and research ideas

haven't been on here in a while bumping for Anna

I cannot see a way to reply to the overall thread, and cannot find a more current thread but I wanted to add something to this young girls disappearance.

I'll keep it brief for now: I was 5 and had a similar experience not far from there in 1972. Two people (a man and a woman), tried to lure me into a car (in late 1972 for me). I'm not sure if this will be seen, but if her family is still looking for her, it is possible that these same people went up the coast a bit and took Anna. I am not sure why I even thought of this again but in the past I've looked for ways to reach out and share the story, but know it's not all that helpful too. I can only describe them a bit as I was 5. I hope they find her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back