Searching for Seka

Miss Marple,

Are you able to isolate a neighborhood in Belgrade from the postal code 11109? I found a list of Belgrade neighborhoods on wiki but they do not have corresponding postal codes. When I tried to search using the postal code, I found nothing in English.

If we could find a neighborhood, maybe we could find a high school... or a church or something. If they were a prominent family, someone might remember her... hopefully it is a small neighborhood.

Any help would be appreciated!

If Miss Marple is still here...
Is there anyway to explore if there are physicians named Seka in the areas mentioned, or female physicians educated in San Francisco. I have no idea how it is done there, but in the US, physicians are licensed by state and there are typically online databases that will provide some basic info about them. It would make sense if she were a physician in training or resident and she could have met GW that way.
Amy, I don't believe GW was in a job where he would have had contact with physicians in training. He was mostly doing emergency-room and neighborhood clinic work, not working in a teaching hospital. I haven't seen Miss Marple here in quite a long time, but she was such a valuable helper, I hope she comes back. Thank you for your post.

Miss Marple,

Are you able to isolate a neighborhood in Belgrade from the postal code 11109? I found a list of Belgrade neighborhoods on wiki but they do not have corresponding postal codes. When I tried to search using the postal code, I found nothing in English.

If we could find a neighborhood, maybe we could find a high school... or a church or something. If they were a prominent family, someone might remember her... hopefully it is a small neighborhood.

Any help would be appreciated!

Odyssey, I am amazed at what you have turned up. I see that there is a Pacifica address for Kim Vallianos (a Greek name). I don't know whether there could be any connection with the health care worker with whom GW had such a long phone conversation the day GB died. Pacifica is rather a small town.

The post office which handles zip code 11109 is located at Bulevar Kralja Aleksandra 121.

Go to Google maps and type in Bulevar Kralja Aleksandra 121, Belgrade. The address will be marked as A.

If you need anything translated from Serbian, I would be glad to do it.

HTH

The post office which handles zip code 11109 is located at Bulevar Kralja Aleksandra 121.

Go to Google maps and type in Bulevar Kralja Aleksandra 121, Belgrade. The address will be marked as A.

If you need anything translated from Serbian, I would be glad to do it.

HTH

Wow. this is wonderful...
I have emailed Steve Zimmerman, son of Mr. Zimmerman who opened the restaurants to see if he recalled the George's... Or.... if they took Anna there...(doubtful), if he recognizes her as well. Hope he writes me back.

The post office for zip code 11109 is located in Zvezdara.

Information about Zvezdara here in English:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zvezdara_II#Zvezdara_II

thank you! This might be a start for gathering enough info on Seka to start a thread at City Data. If we can compile what we know about Seka, that she knew the two G's during what time (what mo's and yr's) had been nicknamed Seka or Little Tito? (or did GB call Anna little tito?) and that she had sent a postcard to Mr. George at X address.... That she may have met GW and GB through GW's affiliation with names of hospitals he worked at, or at names or restaurants we know they frequented, to please contact us or something along those lines.

Even if she does not reply, perhaps someone from Zvezdara will reply and offer suggestions of avenues to research or be willing to do some research for us if they are still local.

Can someone help with compiling this information?

tia

The post office for zip code 11109 is located in Zvezdara.

Information about Zvezdara here in English:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zvezdara_II#Zvezdara_II

Thanks so much! It looks like Zvezdara is a neighborhood as well as a municipality. The neighborhood of Zvezdara had 55000 people as of 2002 (so surely much less in the 70's) and the municipality had 112000 in the 70's.

I tried searching "Zvezdara High School" on Google but nothing jumped out at me except for this "Medicinska Skola, Veljka Dugosevica 11050, Beograd". I'm guessing this is a medical school.

I'm sure there were other schools... I guess this is the most well known one though.

Modified to add: It appears the proper Serbian way of using the postal code is "Posta 11109 Beograd 14". I tried searching this and some yellow pages sites came up but I didn't click on any of them, I couldn't tell if they were legitimate sites.

Wow. this is wonderful...
I have emailed Steve Zimmerman, son of Mr. Zimmerman who opened the restaurants to see if he recalled the George's... Or.... if they took Anna there...(doubtful), if he recognizes her as well. Hope he writes me back.

~~ Followup:
Mr. Zimmerman returned my call, he does recognize both G's as they were regular customer's at Zimms. He does not know anything about them.

~~ Followup:
Mr. Zimmerman returned my call, he does recognize both G's as they were regular customer's at Zimms. He does not know anything about them.

Wow, well that is good news. Even though he doesn't know anything about them, it is good to know after so many years he still recognizes/remembers them. That should be encouraging that if we are able to find Seka, she too will remember the two G's.

Good old Facebook has a page on Zvezdara.... I have joined the group however in the meantime, the creator of the page was listed and I have messaged him on Facebook (privately) if he knew a Seka who studied in San Fran in 1978-ish.... fingers crossed!

Wow, well that is good news. Even though he doesn't know anything about them, it is good to know after so many years he still recognizes/remembers them. That should be encouraging that if we are able to find Zeka, she too will remember the two G's.

:crazy: I agree Cubby, I almost fell out of chair when I read the email! OMG...perhaps it is a good sign?

Didn't we think at some point that Seka was a waitress, maybe at Zim's?

I can't remember why we thought that, if that was just a "could've been" or if we really had a reason to think that.

I do remember a mention of her working with someone named Mike...

I have no recollection of "Mike" that Seka worked with, however I never focused too much on Seka because others were always sleuthing that angle.

I'm really excited about the FB page you found SideKick.

If someone could please compile the info we have on Seka here, I would be happy to start a thread for her, with that info, at City Data.

FWIW, I don't know that we ever determined where Seka worked, or why she was in SF, or even how she met the two G's. IIRC, most was speculation. But I could be wrong, which is again why I am making the request for the info we have compiled on Seka. What is fact, and what is speculation, and I will definately start a thread for her at CD.

tia

now that I think of it... I wonder what the possibility is that Seka didn't live in the area where the postmark was from... after all, who sends a postcard from their home? Most people, at least in the US, would send a letter from home or send a postcard while vacationing/traveling.

So maybe I would also be asking if there is a resort / vacation community in that area of Belgrade... just a thought.

~~ Followup:

I relayed this news and also Odyssey's and Kiva's recent findings to DrDoogie, whose computer is on the blink. Both of us are pretty astonished that you were able to sleuth out these facts. Thank you.

Didn't we think at some point that Seka was a waitress, maybe at Zim's?

I can't remember why we thought that, if that was just a "could've been" or if we really had a reason to think that.

I do remember a mention of her working with someone named Mike...

~~ Odyssey,
I emailed my Zimms contact again asking if a Seka also worked there and mentioned she knew a Mike... as of yet....no response. He may not want to get involved.

I relayed this news and also Odyssey's and Kiva's recent findings to DrDoogie, whose computer is on the blink. Both of us are pretty astonished that you were able to sleuth out these facts. Thank you.

Hello, Annasmom.

You will probably remember we tried to find out if anyone in Skradin remembered Seka and her family. We were not able to get this information then.

What do you think about making a flyer which I could translate, find someone in or close to Skradin, e-mail it to him/her who would then make copies and post it and distribute it in Skradin? I would need help because I have no idea how to make a flyer. I would also like to ask you for permission to do it, if you agree.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back