Searching Threads

Discussion in 'Welcome To Websleuths' started by crazyrabbitlady, Dec 9, 2019.

1. crazyrabbitlady

crazyrabbitlady Well-Known Member

I am new here, have been looking at several cases before I decided to start an account. I have a local case that really hits home to me, but before I started a thread on it I was wondering if there was a way to search all the threads to see if it is posted somewhere else on the site?

dotr likes this.

2. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Godspeed, STAY AT HOME. Be connected when isolated

In the upper right-hand header, there is a symbol for a magnifying glass which is the search feature. Although myself, I go to Google and type the name of the person in addition to the word websleuths when I am looking for something specific. I find it is more correct in searching that way.

Also, to make a new thread, I believe you have to have a certain number of posts to be allowed to create a new thread. Just an FYI. That information is somewhere here in the rules, but I cannot locate it quickly as to what the requirements are to start a new thread.

ETA, I did find that someone else said it was 20 posts that are needed to start a new thread. 19 more to go for you if needed.

ETA #2 some people use the game room area to post a lot to get to that number. If you want to start a thread and don't have enough posts, you may want to head there.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forums/game-room.44/

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    dotr and Lmustang89 like this.