Aug is Utah Cold Case month and the Utah Cold Case Coalition is featuring Rosie Tapia's case
Click on Rosie Tapia's Thread and help Websleuths find Rosie's killer

Seeking Havoc: $35,000 & one year later, dog still gone

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by wfgodot, Nov 10, 2014.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

D.C. woman spends $35,000 in search for missing dog (Washington Post)

Lost dog stories tend to bring out the best — or the worst — in humanity.

the rest at the links

This May Be the Most Extreme Lost Dog Search Ever (Washingtonian)

Some Complain D.C. Woman’s Search For Missing Dog Has Gone Too Far (bethesdanow.com)

2. Loading...

3. Sonya610

Sonya610 Former Member

Seems a bit odd. She spent 35k on the search but the posters don't have a reward amount???

If you lose a dog (or cat) put signs up immediately near the area where people STOP. Stop signs, stop lights out of the area. If folks have to stop their car anyway they will read the sign. Also list a reward amount (especially if the animal is missing for more than a couple of days). Never depend on microchips, most folks don't have chip readers but they CAN read a tag and call a #.

Obvious tags make a huge difference. Many people will help if the dog has visible tags as they know they can find the owner.

She has the dogs collar in plastic bag for scent tracking and that collar with # looks new....why wasn't the dog wearing it?

4. Wanting2Help

Wanting2Help New Member

5. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

is this for real?

6. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

I feel so sorry for this lady. I really hope she finds her dog - or someone like me has already found it and is taking care of it. I always try and trace the owner of a lost pet though.

7. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Why do you ask?

8. Wanting2Help

Wanting2Help New Member

On FB and her website she keeps saying the dog has been spotted several times in the area he was lost in, he is just gone by the time she gets there. So it doesn't sound like someone has picked him up and taken him in. She also says people have reported that he has grown increasingly more scared in the past year. Her wildlife cameras have supposedly been stolen and some people have been really nasty towards her.

I'm not sure why what she has done though is not working. Is it really her dog people are seeing? Why hasn't he tried to make his way home? Why is he staying in the area?

Even though people apparently think its some kind of scam she is pulling, if I lived closer to her (I'm over 6 hours away) I would be right there helping her search...