Select Jif peanut butters recalled for potential salmonella contamination

J. M. Smucker Co. is recalling some Jif peanut butter products sold in the U.S. and Canada because of potential Salmonella contamination.

The Orrville, Ohio-based company on Saturday expanded its recall of the popular brand of peanut butter products to Canada, a day after announcing a voluntary recall in the US. Consumers that have various crunchy, creamy and squeeze products should dispose of them immediately, the company said...

Thanks so much for sharing this. Just started using a recalled one! Tossed & fingers crossed.

Check symptom lists -- consider printing the recall notice and take that with you to the provider's office if/when you go there. The provider may try to get you to wait a bit, it's just mild food borne-illness. Take the recall notice!

Salmonella is hard to treat!

Best, Laughing

I am feeling better, thank you. I had crippling belly pain, nausea, and I about turned myself inside out.

I work as a nutrition educator & teach about food borne ilness -- in each & every class.

Please let your provider's office know this happened to you, and consider letting your county health department know.

This will be tracked at some level, and although I do like Jif, that tracking should be handled by agencies with a public health focus....

(My Sis & I prefer Jif, when we were kids, Jif came with little cars shrink-wrapped to the lid. Yup.)

jmho ymmv lrr

I am feeling better, thank you. I had crippling belly pain, nausea, and I about turned myself inside out.

Same here. I thought... it couldn't be the peanut butter and saltines I had. :confused: Thank goodness the ill effects didn't last very long. 'Sure enough, I've got a jar with a recall #... it's in the trash.

I work as a nutrition educator & teach about food borne ilness -- in each & every class.

Please let your provider's office know this happened to you, and consider letting your county health department know.

This will be tracked at some level, and although I do like Jif, that tracking should be handled by agencies with a public health focus....

(My Sis & I prefer Jif, when we were kids, Jif came with little cars shrink-wrapped to the lid. Yup.)

jmho ymmv lrr
PEANUT BUTTER CAME WITH TOYS?!?
That would be the best day!
I really really like peanut butter. When I'm having terrible food issues, sometimes peanut butter is manageable. When I feel a little peckish and cranky, peanut butter smooths that out.
I just I can't believe it. I was miserable for days.

PEANUT BUTTER CAME WITH TOYS?!?
That would be the best day!
I really really like peanut butter. When I'm having terrible food issues, sometimes peanut butter is manageable. When I feel a little peckish and cranky, peanut butter smooths that out.
I just I can't believe it. I was miserable for days.

CAn't find an image, sorry.

Did find this Jif magazine ad, including the recipe for Elvis' fave peanut butter & banana sandwich:

1653431755136.png
image from behance.net

Sincerely hope that everyone impacted by this food-borne illness has recovered!

jmho ymmv lrr

A multistate outbreak of Salmonella infections linked to certain Jif peanut butter products has triggered a massive recall and now that recall has expanded to products that used that peanut butter.

The FDA and CDC are investigating the outbreak. It’s believed to be coming from the J.M. Smucker Company facility in Lexington, Kentucky...

I don't know about other vendors, but Costco texted DH about the Jif recall because that is where we buy peanut butter. We had not purchased peanut butter with the lot numbers indicated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back