Sen. Scott Brown reveals abuse

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by heartfortruth, Feb 16, 2011.

1. heartfortruth

heartfortruth New Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_brown_sexual_abuse

Sen. Scott Brown reveals he was abused as a child , at HOME and by a camp counselor.

If this is not the correct place for this or if it has already been posted, please forgive and fix! Thanks! I know one of you fab Mods will come to my aid! Here's me smilin' at you, Kid!

2. Loading...

3. ziggy

ziggy New Member

What bravery. Good for him.

4. believe09

believe09 Active Member

A very very brave man. Look at all he has done to move his life forward. Not easy, but he did it.

5. Nancy2441

Nancy2441 New Member

I applaud him for discussing this. Everytime a famous person talks about childhood abuse, it gives someone suffering courage to face their own past.

6. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

A longtime counselor at Camp Good News the Christian Camp where Senator Brown was mosleted as a child has commited suicide on the camp grounds.

Charles (Chuck) Devita was found in his truck on the camp grounds. He was being investigated on child molestation charges. A 35 year old man came forward after Senator Brown did and claimed Devita assaulted him years ago.

The Senator has confirmed he did not know this counselor.

In this article the man's mother admits she even brought it to the attention of the camp that she believed her son was hurting children.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...amp_kills_self_amid_abuse_case_investigation/

7. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

snipped from link in OP:

My prayers are with him. The road is long and hard but it can be travelled.

None of us escape life without scars. Perhaps I'm biased but this particular scar is one of the most devastating and so many of us are never able to quite navigate our way through and past the pain and shame and down the road to enough recovery to be whole and to be as we were meant to be when we were born.

Godspeed Sen. Brown, you have many sisters and brothers bearing the same scar. You aren't alone in this.

8. Gozgals

Gozgals New Member

My thoughts are with him. A brave man who has overcome much.

I'm glad that he came forward to help other victims.

I applaud him.

Goz

9. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I saw him on the View some time ago. I really was impressed by him and his willingness to speak out to help others, as well as his determination not to let his past hold him back. He is an inspiration.

One less.